I´m travelling with my wife and 2 years old boy and planning our 21-days trip to Europe .
Our initial plans are :
19/09 Intercontinental flight
20/09 [Milan] - 3 or 2 nights ?
- Visit Catedral and Castelo Sforza
- Daytrip to cinque terre (Does it worth?)
23/09 [Bern] or [Zurich] - 4 or 5 nights ?
- Daytrip 1 to Interlaken (Jungfrau, Wengen or Murren? What´s the best for a daytrip?)
- Daytrip 2 Luzern (lake luzern - boat)
- Daytrip 3 Bern or Zurich or Basel
27/09 [ Munich ] - 4 nights
- Oktoberfest during weekdays (until 16pm)
- Alianz Arena tour
01/10 [ Regensburg ] - 3 or 4 nights?
- Daytrip to Passau
- Daytrip to Landshut or Plzen
05/10 [ Prague ] - 4 nights
- Daytrip to Kutná Hora
09/10 Intercontinental flight
The only thing we can ´t change is the flight to Milan, because we already have bought one.
About us : Before you say we have so many hotel changes, I´d like to say that we are used to travel with our child, and sincerely, we are lucky enough to be able to do some things that seems to be very difficult to other families with young children. I do not know exactly why, but we have a good feeling what kind of things work for us.
One thing is avoid take flights, we always prefer direct trains connections, if possible. So, I usually plan a itinerary based on cities that have good rail connections and stay in "train hotels". We do not care about luxury, just a clean and safe place to sleep with a private bathroom. Apartments with kitchen are also desirable.
We also try to let extra free time just to stroll with the our son in parks, playgrounds and prefer doing open air activities, etc... We already know some cities like Munich, Prague (we visited Oktoberfest last year with our boy and it was a good experience...)
Please let us know any suggestions you may have. Feel free to comment any part of our planned trip - logistics, cities, order, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 2 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 3 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 4 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 5 Itinerary help: Switzerland / Italy in August
- 6 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 7 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 8 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland
- 9 Bologna, Modena or Parma for a base?
- 10 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 11 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 12 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 13 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 14 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 15 Eastern Sicily Itinerary Help Needed
- 16 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 17 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 18 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 19 Crannog Centre or Atholl Country Life Museum
- 20 Advice for Time in Cumbria and/or Yorkshire Dales
- 21 WWI Battlefields
- 22 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 23 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 24 Provence, Strasbourg, Paris early September
- 25 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip