I´m travelling with my wife and 2 years old boy and planning our 21-days trip to Europe .
Our initial plans are :
19/09 Intercontinental flight
20/09 [Milan] - 3 or 2 nights ?
- Visit Catedral and Castelo Sforza
- Daytrip to cinque terre (Does it worth?)
23/09 [Bern] or [Zurich] - 4 or 5 nights ?
- Daytrip 1 to Interlaken (Jungfrau, Wengen or Murren? What´s the best for a daytrip?)
- Daytrip 2 Luzern (lake luzern - boat)
- Daytrip 3 Bern or Zurich or Basel
27/09 [ Munich ] - 4 nights
- Oktoberfest during weekdays (until 16pm)
- Alianz Arena tour
01/10 [ Regensburg ] - 3 or 4 nights?
- Daytrip to Passau
- Daytrip to Landshut or Plzen
05/10 [ Prague ] - 4 nights
- Daytrip to Kutná Hora
09/10 Intercontinental flight
The only thing we can ´t change is the flight to Milan, because we already have bought one.
About us : Before you say we have so many hotel changes, I´d like to say that we are used to travel with our child, and sincerely, we are lucky enough to be able to do some things that seems to be very difficult to other families with young children. I do not know exactly why, but we have a good feeling what kind of things work for us.
One thing is avoid take flights, we always prefer direct trains connections, if possible. So, I usually plan a itinerary based on cities that have good rail connections and stay in "train hotels". We do not care about luxury, just a clean and safe place to sleep with a private bathroom. Apartments with kitchen are also desirable.
We also try to let extra free time just to stroll with the our son in parks, playgrounds and prefer doing open air activities, etc... We already know some cities like Munich, Prague (we visited Oktoberfest last year with our boy and it was a good experience...)
Please let us know any suggestions you may have. Feel free to comment any part of our planned trip - logistics, cities, order, etc.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe First Timers
- 2 Lille Braderie 2017
- 3 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 4 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 5 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 6 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 7 Cruising (not sailing) in Croatia..worried about noise
- 8 Thinking about the Fjords
- 9 4 weeks entailing 1 wk Greece and 3 wks in Italy
- 10 Scotland - drive around or form bases ?
- 11 Trip Report: Amsterdam and Antwerp, May-June 2014
- 12 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 I see the aspect outcomes of extremely inflamed
- 15 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 16 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 18 Greek Village
- 19 Berlin
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 Are les plats ("Belon") oysters in Paris yet?
- 22 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 23 Lake Como - Luzern - Germany (need help) - Amsterdam
- 24 Athens Help
- 25 how to get to Salzburg from Krakow