I am a first timer 23 year old female traveling from Texas to Europe in August. My dates are not flexible so I cannot go off the busy/high season, as I know many of you will likely want to suggest that. Going during the high season is better for me than not going at all. Below is my *maybe* itinerary. Is it realistic for 21 days of travel? I will be traveling with one other 23 year old female, staying mostly in hostels. If not realistic, which part should be dropped?
Would appreciate any tips/helpful suggestions.
August 9 - flight from Dallas to Dublin
August 10, 11, 12 : Dublin
August 13: flight from Dublin to Edinburgh
1/2 of August 13, 14, 15: Edinburgh (as flight is rarely short, but also leaving this day up for travel)
August 16: split day Edinburgh traveling by train to London
August 17, 18, 19: London
August 20: split travel day by train from London to Paris
August 21, 22, 23: Paris
August 23: night train from Paris to Venice (thoughts of Thello?)
August 24, 25: Venice
August 26: train from Venice to Milan to Monterosso (Cinque Terre)
August 27: Cinque Terre
August 28: train from Monterosso to Rome
August 29, 30: Rome
August 31: Rome to Dallas
I have a *little* flexibility in being able to extend possibly for a few days, if it would make sense to add a day in a city or two, give me suggestions. Trying to be reasonable on travel time, but also trying to see certain places as flights from the U.S. are very expensive.
Would appreciate helpful tips.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 2 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 3 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 4 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 5 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 6 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 7 Croatia transportation question.
- 8 Cutback on Spain trip
- 9 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 where to stay in London?
- 12 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 13 Bars & Restaurants in Madrid Spain
- 14 Premier League Tickets on Craigslist
- 15 Trip Report: Barcelona, Costa Brava, & Northern Catalonia
- 16 Paris/Loire Valley than ?
- 17 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 18 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 19 Itinerary help--Loire Valley and Brittany
- 20 driving from ancona to rome
- 21 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 22 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 23 Pre-Booking Athens / Cell Phone
- 24 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 25 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?