I'm travelling to Asia and have two options for a 20 hour layover.
20 hours in London or 20 hours in Frankfurt.
HELP? Which is the better city to see for 20 hours?
Travelling in November 2014.
Travelling with my boys ages 11 and 10 (I'm the dad)
We are US Citizens and want to go and venture out of the airport.
Arrive around noon and 20 hours later we depart (so basically we have the afternoon/evening to do things...NOT late night).
I've been to London before (three times but never with my kids...and never for just one day). I know the TUBE makes it really easy to get around London and I can "quickly" show them the highlights of the city. I never get tired of London and its one of the most famous cities in the world.
Never been to Frankfurt (or any city in Germany). Cant speak German (hopefully that's not an issue). And when I mention Frankfurt...my kids have a puzzled look like...where?
But the idea of visiting Germany fascinates me. Yes it's not Berlin or Munich...but hey it's new to me and it's still in Germany!
I'm torn...London for the 4th time (first with kids)...or Frankfurt (first time for all of us).
Only have 20 hours...
Let me know if you have a "slam dunk" answer so I can break the tie.
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy Trip- Venice, Rome, Florence, Cinque Terre, Amalfi Coast
- 2 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 3 Two days in Rome
- 4 napologetic Napoli, Uncompromising Capri, and Unassuming Amalfi
- 5 We didn't love Florence the way we thought we might
- 6 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 7 PARIS
- 8 One free day in Barcelona
- 9 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 10 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 11 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 12 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 13 Spain: train/rental car help
- 14 Berlin
- 15 Germany or Sweden
- 16 Day trip outside of Dublin
- 17 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 18 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 19 Greek Village
- 20 Ideas for weekend trips from Aachen
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 Maximizing Relaxation, Minimizing Hassles
- 23 Sicily help
- 24 Athens Help
- 25 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece