It is a pity that I discovered this brilliant website only tonight. I'm visiting (semi-backpacking) across Spain from Sept 10th to 29th. This's a sightseeing trip so lazing on the beaches is out. Within Spain I'll be using trains and buses, not driving.
A large part of the trip will be spontaneous and the exact itinerary will be very flexible. However the skeletal plans are as follows:
> Barcelona- 3-4 days
> Salamanca & around (and meeting a friend)- 3 days
> Caceres, Trujillo- 1-2 days
> Sevilla, Cordoba- 3 days
> Granada- 2 days
> Madrid & day trips to Toledo, Avila, Segovia- 4 days
[and if some time left, short trip to Santillana del Mar/replicas of Altamira caves, though this appears unlikely]
--back to Vienna
I'd welcome last minute suggestions/tips of any kind, particularly
*overlooked places near major halts,
*good cheap restaurants,
*subtle changes in intinerary to better connections
... anything actually.
20 days in Spain: any last minute tips?
- 1 ? re hotels in 5 terre
- 2 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 3 5 days in Ireland, what can I fit in?!
- 4 Train from London to Edinburgh
- 5 Rome to Amalfie Coast-10 year anniversary
- 6 Venice Hotel near Cruise Terminal
- 7 Rome Hotels near Termini
- 8 Credit card CHIP in Europe
- 9 Edinburgh
- 10 1st, 6th or 7th in Paris
- 11 Connection in Newark EWR
- 12 Refining London and Scotland
- 13 Comfortable shoes to wear in Italy this summer and not look like a tourist
- 14 Apartment location
- 15 portugal
- 16 Solo in Sicily - April 2013
- 17 Paris trip report
- 18 France Cities for a 14 Day Winter Trip?
- 19 Am I in an unsafe Parisian neighborhood?
- 20 Travel from Logrono to Paris, Barcelona or San Sebastian.
- 21 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 22 TR Provence, Israel, Switzerland, Italy..April 16 a day of AA infamy
- 23 Help with Itinerary for Marseille/Provence trip in September
- 24 Arriving at Rome FCO and departing from ZRH-luggage transfer advice
- 25 Schiphol to cruise port - luggage problem