It will be my first time in Spain this coming Feb/Mar (exact days not confirmed), and I will likely to be flying in and out of Barcelona. Am looking to do 2 to 3 cities with at least a day dedicated to vineyard visits (love full bodied oaky reds that are not sweet). Am huge on museums, architecture, dine & wine (budget/value for money eats with 1 or 2 michelin stars restaurants thrown in).
Heard that Barcelona, Madrid and Seville are all great, with Madrid more geared towards nightlife (not a big fan of). Have read that Granada is highly recommended as well. A few key questions for my itinerary:
- i love the countrysides but am not sure if the weather would be pleasant enough for any of this?
- read that the Ribera del Duero region is great with a heavy focus on red, should I include this or are there regions more with exploring?
- taking into consideration the vineyard visit and the weather, which city should I consider dropping? Madrid? Granada?
Am open to taking internal flights, driving or train, whichever is the fastest and most convenient (any tips on this?)
Would appreciate all help with this! Thanks in advance!
2 wks Spain (Feb/Mar) - Barcelona,Seville,Madrid + vineyards?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris in April?
- 2 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 3 car rental companies Italy
- 4 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 5 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins
- 6 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 7 Toulouse and beyond -
- 8 First solo trip to Europe - destination advice
- 9 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 10 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 11 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 12 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 13 Palm Sunday in Paris
- 14 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 15 Small group tour for Vatican and Colosseum/Forum, ? catacombs
- 16 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 17 Coatia or Corsica for honeymoon late June/early july?
- 18 A drive in Europe
- 19 London hotel
- 20 need good quiet Paris hotel: possible?
- 21 Quickest Way from Vienna to Prague
- 22 A relaxing itinerary in the Basque country?
- 23 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 24 Train Options - Lisbon to Porto
- 25 Need Advice for my first family to Europe