It will be my first time in Spain this coming Feb/Mar (exact days not confirmed), and I will likely to be flying in and out of Barcelona. Am looking to do 2 to 3 cities with at least a day dedicated to vineyard visits (love full bodied oaky reds that are not sweet). Am huge on museums, architecture, dine & wine (budget/value for money eats with 1 or 2 michelin stars restaurants thrown in).
Heard that Barcelona, Madrid and Seville are all great, with Madrid more geared towards nightlife (not a big fan of). Have read that Granada is highly recommended as well. A few key questions for my itinerary:
- i love the countrysides but am not sure if the weather would be pleasant enough for any of this?
- read that the Ribera del Duero region is great with a heavy focus on red, should I include this or are there regions more with exploring?
- taking into consideration the vineyard visit and the weather, which city should I consider dropping? Madrid? Granada?
Am open to taking internal flights, driving or train, whichever is the fastest and most convenient (any tips on this?)
Would appreciate all help with this! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best European Cities for Walking Challenged
- 2 Paris---baguette question???
- 3 "Around Provence" - My Watercolors on Flickr
- 4 Vienna or Budapest?
- 5 Train Travel Berlin, Prague, Krakow
- 6 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 7 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 8 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 9 Italy/Greece with kids
- 10 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 11 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 12 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 13 10 day Greek Island trip
- 14 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 15 Portugal itinerary help
- 16 Portugal - 5 days in Nov - Itinerary suggestions?
- 17 Portugal initial itinerary help
- 18 Lisbon NYE
- 19 Drive Vienna to Salzburg
- 20 Swiss trains/Basel to Zurich
- 21 Stay in Multalcino or Montepulciano
- 22 English Countryside
- 23 Need help in travel planning
- 24 French immersion courses in France
- 25 Puglia or La Langhe
2 wks Spain (Feb/Mar) - Barcelona,Seville,Madrid + vineyards?