It will be my first time in Spain this coming Feb/Mar (exact days not confirmed), and I will likely to be flying in and out of Barcelona. Am looking to do 2 to 3 cities with at least a day dedicated to vineyard visits (love full bodied oaky reds that are not sweet). Am huge on museums, architecture, dine & wine (budget/value for money eats with 1 or 2 michelin stars restaurants thrown in).
Heard that Barcelona, Madrid and Seville are all great, with Madrid more geared towards nightlife (not a big fan of). Have read that Granada is highly recommended as well. A few key questions for my itinerary:
- i love the countrysides but am not sure if the weather would be pleasant enough for any of this?
- read that the Ribera del Duero region is great with a heavy focus on red, should I include this or are there regions more with exploring?
- taking into consideration the vineyard visit and the weather, which city should I consider dropping? Madrid? Granada?
Am open to taking internal flights, driving or train, whichever is the fastest and most convenient (any tips on this?)
Would appreciate all help with this! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 2 http://fornatgaex.com/skinfresh-md/
- 3 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 4 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 5 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 6 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 7 Honeymoon on a Budget
- 8 Island Hopping in the Cyclades
- 9 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 10 Bremerhaven and environs
- 11 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 12 Trip Report Part 2 - Paris, France May 2016
- 13 Spain in July
- 14 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 15 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 16 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 17 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 18 Overnight trip from Barcelona
- 19 5 Days in Switzerland
- 20 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 21 Northern Italy with 2 kids itinerary help
- 22 International Flight Question
- 23 I need help deciding ASAP!
- 24 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 25 We're here!
2 wks Spain (Feb/Mar) - Barcelona,Seville,Madrid + vineyards?