It will be my first time in Spain this coming Feb/Mar (exact days not confirmed), and I will likely to be flying in and out of Barcelona. Am looking to do 2 to 3 cities with at least a day dedicated to vineyard visits (love full bodied oaky reds that are not sweet). Am huge on museums, architecture, dine & wine (budget/value for money eats with 1 or 2 michelin stars restaurants thrown in).
Heard that Barcelona, Madrid and Seville are all great, with Madrid more geared towards nightlife (not a big fan of). Have read that Granada is highly recommended as well. A few key questions for my itinerary:
- i love the countrysides but am not sure if the weather would be pleasant enough for any of this?
- read that the Ribera del Duero region is great with a heavy focus on red, should I include this or are there regions more with exploring?
- taking into consideration the vineyard visit and the weather, which city should I consider dropping? Madrid? Granada?
Am open to taking internal flights, driving or train, whichever is the fastest and most convenient (any tips on this?)
Would appreciate all help with this! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 2 Moscow and St Petersburg
- 3 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 4 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 5 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 6 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 7 Please Help! Europe in 5 days!
- 8 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 9 Seeking Diverse Experiences in Western France – Please Critique Itinerary!
- 10 planning confusion
- 11 Costa Brava/Girona vs. Dali Museum/Girona Tours With Spanish Trails
- 12 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 13 Feedback on Spain Trip
- 14 Can you recommend a hotel in Paris? What about Hotel Spendide Etoile?
- 15 cash or plastic in Greece
- 16 Dublin transportation help
- 17 Flight delayed to from Manchester to Amsterdam
- 18 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 19 thermal hot springs near Cassis, France
- 20 Rome, Florence, Venice and back to Rome in 5 days...doable?
- 21 Chef recommendations for Villa in Cortona, Italy
- 22 PDX customs 4/28, Spokane, boyfriend in NE Portland,
- 23 Shopping in Paris
- 24 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 25 North Carolinians Take Warning
2 wks Spain (Feb/Mar) - Barcelona,Seville,Madrid + vineyards?