It will be my first time in Spain this coming Feb/Mar (exact days not confirmed), and I will likely to be flying in and out of Barcelona. Am looking to do 2 to 3 cities with at least a day dedicated to vineyard visits (love full bodied oaky reds that are not sweet). Am huge on museums, architecture, dine & wine (budget/value for money eats with 1 or 2 michelin stars restaurants thrown in).
Heard that Barcelona, Madrid and Seville are all great, with Madrid more geared towards nightlife (not a big fan of). Have read that Granada is highly recommended as well. A few key questions for my itinerary:
- i love the countrysides but am not sure if the weather would be pleasant enough for any of this?
- read that the Ribera del Duero region is great with a heavy focus on red, should I include this or are there regions more with exploring?
- taking into consideration the vineyard visit and the weather, which city should I consider dropping? Madrid? Granada?
Am open to taking internal flights, driving or train, whichever is the fastest and most convenient (any tips on this?)
Would appreciate all help with this! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 3 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 4 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 5 Strasbourg! What to do, what to visit??
- 6 Tour Company reviews - European Graduation Trip
- 7 Scottish National Museum of Rural Life
- 8 Coastal Denmark
- 9 Christian Cafe Dating
- 10 Ideas for 10 nights in France for 1st timer
- 11 London: Big Ben- Last Call for 4 Years...
- 12 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 13 Individual train tickets instead of passes
- 14 Iceland
- 15 Help with my southern Spain itinerary please!
- 16 croatia and slovenia 29/10 - 06/11
- 17 base for Andalucia
- 18 Assist Please: A'dam/Cologne/Mosel Valley/Aachen
- 19 ANY SUGGESTION WHICH AREA OF MADRID TO STAY FOR ACCOMODATION
- 20 Scilly Islands --Abbey Gardens --Tresco
- 21 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 22 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 23 help deciding between 2 itineraries!
- 24 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 25 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018
2 wks Spain (Feb/Mar) - Barcelona,Seville,Madrid + vineyards?