It will be my first time in Spain this coming Feb/Mar (exact days not confirmed), and I will likely to be flying in and out of Barcelona. Am looking to do 2 to 3 cities with at least a day dedicated to vineyard visits (love full bodied oaky reds that are not sweet). Am huge on museums, architecture, dine & wine (budget/value for money eats with 1 or 2 michelin stars restaurants thrown in).
Heard that Barcelona, Madrid and Seville are all great, with Madrid more geared towards nightlife (not a big fan of). Have read that Granada is highly recommended as well. A few key questions for my itinerary:
- i love the countrysides but am not sure if the weather would be pleasant enough for any of this?
- read that the Ribera del Duero region is great with a heavy focus on red, should I include this or are there regions more with exploring?
- taking into consideration the vineyard visit and the weather, which city should I consider dropping? Madrid? Granada?
Am open to taking internal flights, driving or train, whichever is the fastest and most convenient (any tips on this?)
Would appreciate all help with this! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 2 Cinqueterre
- 3 Clocks forward one hour tonight
- 4 London lodging 3 adults 3 kids (7,11,13)
- 5 Photo tours Zurich Lucern areas
- 6 Something to do with my mother-in-law in Madrid
- 7 Road trip Italy
- 8 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 9 To Aeolians or Not? Please Critique our Sicily Itinerary for May/June
- 10 2017 Tulips, Amsterdam, Time(as in three days)
- 11 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 12 Ireland Itinerary- biting off more than we can chew?
- 13 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 14 Cordoba, Granada, Seville loop
- 15 Hilton CPH no loner
- 16 Swiss registered car in Liechtenstein
- 17 travel around Spain
- 18 Scotland Trip Report
- 19 French Wedding
- 20 Best way to walk up Gianicolo hill Rome
- 21 Charming villages in Austria for hiking trip in mid-June 2016?
- 22 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 23 New notes and coins and death dates for old ones
- 24 Spain: general question about Mondays and museums
- 25 Skip the line tours of the Alhambra, Granada.
2 wks Spain (Feb/Mar) - Barcelona,Seville,Madrid + vineyards?