It will be my first time in Spain this coming Feb/Mar (exact days not confirmed), and I will likely to be flying in and out of Barcelona. Am looking to do 2 to 3 cities with at least a day dedicated to vineyard visits (love full bodied oaky reds that are not sweet). Am huge on museums, architecture, dine & wine (budget/value for money eats with 1 or 2 michelin stars restaurants thrown in).
Heard that Barcelona, Madrid and Seville are all great, with Madrid more geared towards nightlife (not a big fan of). Have read that Granada is highly recommended as well. A few key questions for my itinerary:
- i love the countrysides but am not sure if the weather would be pleasant enough for any of this?
- read that the Ribera del Duero region is great with a heavy focus on red, should I include this or are there regions more with exploring?
- taking into consideration the vineyard visit and the weather, which city should I consider dropping? Madrid? Granada?
Am open to taking internal flights, driving or train, whichever is the fastest and most convenient (any tips on this?)
Would appreciate all help with this! Thanks in advance!
2 wks Spain (Feb/Mar) - Barcelona,Seville,Madrid + vineyards?
- 1 Florence: Medici Chapel & Basilica di Santa Croce
- 2 Need restaurant recommendations for cities in Croatia
- 3 Paris Transportation- Hotel near Saint Suplice Station to CDG Airport
- 4 Istanbul Hotels
- 5 Prague Hotels -Old Town
- 6 Positano: hotel recommendations needed!
- 7 General questions about Sicily
- 8 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 9 London and Paris; Christmas 2013!
- 10 Running Very Behind on Month Long Europe Trip
- 11 Zee Best
- 12 I have a new eBook out on Mystical Ireland Travel
- 13 Chatham Dockyards Need a Whole Day?
- 14 Yorkshire Dales and Moors home base? (and other questions)
- 15 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 16 Best Base on the Rhine for Day Trips
- 17 Christmas Markets - Frankfurt or Copenhagen
- 18 What to Give to Host Family
- 19 Rome apartment
- 20 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 21 Renting Road Bikes near Beaune
- 22 Rome stay - Flaminio P. del Popolo or P. del Colosseo?
- 23 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 24 Paros or Naxos?
- 25 Serbia itinerary and ideas for activities