It will be my first time in Spain this coming Feb/Mar (exact days not confirmed), and I will likely to be flying in and out of Barcelona. Am looking to do 2 to 3 cities with at least a day dedicated to vineyard visits (love full bodied oaky reds that are not sweet). Am huge on museums, architecture, dine & wine (budget/value for money eats with 1 or 2 michelin stars restaurants thrown in).
Heard that Barcelona, Madrid and Seville are all great, with Madrid more geared towards nightlife (not a big fan of). Have read that Granada is highly recommended as well. A few key questions for my itinerary:
- i love the countrysides but am not sure if the weather would be pleasant enough for any of this?
- read that the Ribera del Duero region is great with a heavy focus on red, should I include this or are there regions more with exploring?
- taking into consideration the vineyard visit and the weather, which city should I consider dropping? Madrid? Granada?
Am open to taking internal flights, driving or train, whichever is the fastest and most convenient (any tips on this?)
Would appreciate all help with this! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 2 Self drive tour companies
- 3 Restaurant recommendations for lunch in Dijon?
- 4 Four Nights free after Monmouth, Wales & before London.
- 5 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 6 St Denis Cathedral
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 9 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 10 Praiano
- 11 No Periods in British Written English!
- 12 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 13 Help please
- 14 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 15 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 16 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 17 Trip Report : Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania
- 18 Booking through Loco2 Train
- 19 Iceland - which direction to drive RIng Road? Clockwise or counter?
- 20 Rome to venice
- 21 Two weeks in Italy flying in and out of Milan
- 22 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 23 Recommendation for GPS with Europe maps
- 24 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
2 wks Spain (Feb/Mar) - Barcelona,Seville,Madrid + vineyards?