It will be my first time in Spain this coming Feb/Mar (exact days not confirmed), and I will likely to be flying in and out of Barcelona. Am looking to do 2 to 3 cities with at least a day dedicated to vineyard visits (love full bodied oaky reds that are not sweet). Am huge on museums, architecture, dine & wine (budget/value for money eats with 1 or 2 michelin stars restaurants thrown in).
Heard that Barcelona, Madrid and Seville are all great, with Madrid more geared towards nightlife (not a big fan of). Have read that Granada is highly recommended as well. A few key questions for my itinerary:
- i love the countrysides but am not sure if the weather would be pleasant enough for any of this?
- read that the Ribera del Duero region is great with a heavy focus on red, should I include this or are there regions more with exploring?
- taking into consideration the vineyard visit and the weather, which city should I consider dropping? Madrid? Granada?
Am open to taking internal flights, driving or train, whichever is the fastest and most convenient (any tips on this?)
Would appreciate all help with this! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 2 France to stop making foie grois
- 3 Dover queues
- 4 Puglia
- 5 Manchester on derby weekend
- 6 One week travelling from Spain to Paris
- 7 Gulet - Croatia vs Turkey vs Greece
- 8 Help planning multigenerational family Italy tour
- 9 ls there anything such as Spanish cuisine?
- 10 San Sebastián house rental with kids
- 11 "PARIS FOR RENT". Apartments----has anyone used this service?
- 12 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 13 Barcelona to Morocco
- 14 http://www.supplementadvise.com/cla-safflower-oil/
- 15 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 16 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 17 Is it just me or are German cities depressingly ugly?
- 18 "Doors of Italy", a free screensaver
- 19 From London to Paris to US
- 20 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 21 Suicide bombing in Ansbach
- 22 Two weeks in Portugal in October
- 23 Naples or Genoa
- 24 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 25 Barcelona attraction tickets
2 wks Spain (Feb/Mar) - Barcelona,Seville,Madrid + vineyards?