It will be my first time in Spain this coming Feb/Mar (exact days not confirmed), and I will likely to be flying in and out of Barcelona. Am looking to do 2 to 3 cities with at least a day dedicated to vineyard visits (love full bodied oaky reds that are not sweet). Am huge on museums, architecture, dine & wine (budget/value for money eats with 1 or 2 michelin stars restaurants thrown in).
Heard that Barcelona, Madrid and Seville are all great, with Madrid more geared towards nightlife (not a big fan of). Have read that Granada is highly recommended as well. A few key questions for my itinerary:
- i love the countrysides but am not sure if the weather would be pleasant enough for any of this?
- read that the Ribera del Duero region is great with a heavy focus on red, should I include this or are there regions more with exploring?
- taking into consideration the vineyard visit and the weather, which city should I consider dropping? Madrid? Granada?
Am open to taking internal flights, driving or train, whichever is the fastest and most convenient (any tips on this?)
Would appreciate all help with this! Thanks in advance!
2 wks Spain (Feb/Mar) - Barcelona,Seville,Madrid + vineyards?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Family vacay for 6 weeks with 2 Toddlers
- 2 Southern Spain
- 3 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 4 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 5 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 6 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 7 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 8 Minimalist wardrobe for Europe
- 9 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 10 Greece or Portugal for 3-4 week fall sojourn?
- 11 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 12 GuideAdvisor, beware!!
- 13 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 14 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 15 All Set To Go!!
- 16 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 17 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 18 Which european city?
- 19 Christmas in Paris and Strasbourg in 2015
- 20 Skippered Charter Greece Islands
- 21 Scotland November 2015
- 22 Swiss mountain scenery in late April
- 23 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 24 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 25 Italy - Driving from Frankfurt to Florence (June 2012)