It will be my first time in Spain this coming Feb/Mar (exact days not confirmed), and I will likely to be flying in and out of Barcelona. Am looking to do 2 to 3 cities with at least a day dedicated to vineyard visits (love full bodied oaky reds that are not sweet). Am huge on museums, architecture, dine & wine (budget/value for money eats with 1 or 2 michelin stars restaurants thrown in).
Heard that Barcelona, Madrid and Seville are all great, with Madrid more geared towards nightlife (not a big fan of). Have read that Granada is highly recommended as well. A few key questions for my itinerary:
- i love the countrysides but am not sure if the weather would be pleasant enough for any of this?
- read that the Ribera del Duero region is great with a heavy focus on red, should I include this or are there regions more with exploring?
- taking into consideration the vineyard visit and the weather, which city should I consider dropping? Madrid? Granada?
Am open to taking internal flights, driving or train, whichever is the fastest and most convenient (any tips on this?)
Would appreciate all help with this! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 London: favorite recent exhibits?
- 2 watching Comcast Xfinity on my computer in Sicily
- 3 Best location to stay in Seville
- 4 how best to arrive to sarlat from paris
- 5 slovenia travel base
- 6 Slovenia with ease
- 7 Le Marche: Cartoceto, Fano...
- 8 Sarajevo to Mostar by train or bus
- 9 Opera in Prague
- 10 Bus ticket to Siena
- 11 Where to Park Rental Car While Visiting Sintra
- 12 10 Days in Tuscany
- 13 Need help for a Spain solo trip
- 14 Istanbul to budapest
- 15 Stops from Prague to Paris
- 16 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 17 Hotel Florescente, Lisbon
- 18 London theatre
- 19 Mirrors?
- 20 British Airways, anyone?
- 21 Please suggest on travel plan to UK. Ireland
- 22 Family Visit CarrickonShannon (Leitrim) then trip to London/Paris
- 23 Traveling between Madrid and Barcelona
- 24 Suggest cheapest commute to belfast from UK
- 25 Train Tickets in Spain
2 wks Spain (Feb/Mar) - Barcelona,Seville,Madrid + vineyards?