It will be my first time in Spain this coming Feb/Mar (exact days not confirmed), and I will likely to be flying in and out of Barcelona. Am looking to do 2 to 3 cities with at least a day dedicated to vineyard visits (love full bodied oaky reds that are not sweet). Am huge on museums, architecture, dine & wine (budget/value for money eats with 1 or 2 michelin stars restaurants thrown in).
Heard that Barcelona, Madrid and Seville are all great, with Madrid more geared towards nightlife (not a big fan of). Have read that Granada is highly recommended as well. A few key questions for my itinerary:
- i love the countrysides but am not sure if the weather would be pleasant enough for any of this?
- read that the Ribera del Duero region is great with a heavy focus on red, should I include this or are there regions more with exploring?
- taking into consideration the vineyard visit and the weather, which city should I consider dropping? Madrid? Granada?
Am open to taking internal flights, driving or train, whichever is the fastest and most convenient (any tips on this?)
Would appreciate all help with this! Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Need some suggestions for Andalucia / Barcelona / Madrid starting Dec 25
- 2 Kilt makers
- 3 http://rxtestosteronesite.com/muscle-xtx-reviews/
- 4 Advice to store my luggage in Paris ?
- 5 Puglia
- 6 Stonehenge and Bath
- 7 Manchester on derby weekend
- 8 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 9 My First Trip to Europe...
- 10 Four favorite things to do in Paris during the Christmas holidays
- 11 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 12 AIr France on strike ... as usual.
- 13 France to stop making foie grois
- 14 train from ravenna to parma
- 15 Best area to stay in Valencia
- 16 Greek Itinerary Help: 8 days Early November w/ 12-yr-old
- 17 Christmas in Paris.....On Going Trip Report
- 18 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 19 Need Suggestions for Trip to Poland and Possibly Lithuania
- 20 Madrid city centre?
- 21 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 22 http://www.prohealthguides.com/fitcrew-usa-xtreme-testrone/
- 23 counselling in West London
- 24 Paris, the Bernese Oberland, and Bavaria with 2 kids
- 25 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
2 wks Spain (Feb/Mar) - Barcelona,Seville,Madrid + vineyards?