It will be my first time in Spain this coming Feb/Mar (exact days not confirmed), and I will likely to be flying in and out of Barcelona. Am looking to do 2 to 3 cities with at least a day dedicated to vineyard visits (love full bodied oaky reds that are not sweet). Am huge on museums, architecture, dine & wine (budget/value for money eats with 1 or 2 michelin stars restaurants thrown in).
Heard that Barcelona, Madrid and Seville are all great, with Madrid more geared towards nightlife (not a big fan of). Have read that Granada is highly recommended as well. A few key questions for my itinerary:
- i love the countrysides but am not sure if the weather would be pleasant enough for any of this?
- read that the Ribera del Duero region is great with a heavy focus on red, should I include this or are there regions more with exploring?
- taking into consideration the vineyard visit and the weather, which city should I consider dropping? Madrid? Granada?
Am open to taking internal flights, driving or train, whichever is the fastest and most convenient (any tips on this?)
Would appreciate all help with this! Thanks in advance!
2 wks Spain (Feb/Mar) - Barcelona,Seville,Madrid + vineyards?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Estonia Amber
- 2 Two days between St. Ives and London
- 3 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 4 What are the best places to see in England
- 5 TRAVEL TURKEY
- 6 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 7 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 8 Bosna i Hercegovina
- 9 HOTELS IN ISTANBUL, TURKEY
- 10 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 11 Heli Tour
- 12 YOUR FAVOURITE THINGS IN OXFORD
- 13 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 14 Suggestions for a nice hotel in Stockholm?
- 15 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 16 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 17 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 18 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 21 Tight Planning?
- 22 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 23 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 24 Villa rental suggestions in Umbira or Positano please
- 25 Travel with Teens