I'll be taking my first solo-backpacking trip in May. I'll be flying into Budapest and out of Krakow. I plan on traveling around by train. Here is my perspective itinerary (I have 16 days total, days that overlap in two cities will mean a 1/2 day of travel and a 1/2 day in one of the cities... I'm not sure which way this will go in each case. Also, I have already been to Prague which so I intentionally left it out):
Travel from USA to Budapest: Day 1
Budapest, Hungary: Days 1-4
Bratislava, Slovakia: Days 4-6
Vienna, Austria: Days 6-8
Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic: Days 8-10
Olomouc, Czech Republic: Days 10-12
Krakow, Poland (Including Auschwitz): Days 12-15
Travel from Krakow to USA: Day 16
My questions are:
- Is this too much traveling (i.e. should I take out a city in order to spend more time in the others)?
- I'm mostly interested in urban space/design, architecture, and history. I love history museums. I can appreciate art but I wouldn't say its my priority. What attractions in these cities are a must for someone like me?
- Is there anywhere en route I missed that maybe would be very interesting to me?
- What train pass should I buy?
- What are the best guide books for these countries/cities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 2 vienna
- 3 4 days itinerary for France
- 4 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 5 Questions about Polish sights
- 6 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 7 Bernina Express mid-March
- 8 Ireland travel passport question
- 9 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 10 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 11 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 12 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 13 where to stay in London?
- 14 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 15 Juangfrau / mt
- 16 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 17 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 20 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 21 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 22 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 23 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 24 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 25 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
2 Wks in Eastern Europe (Hungary,Slovakia,Austria,Czech Republic,Poland)