I'll be taking my first solo-backpacking trip in May. I'll be flying into Budapest and out of Krakow. I plan on traveling around by train. Here is my perspective itinerary (I have 16 days total, days that overlap in two cities will mean a 1/2 day of travel and a 1/2 day in one of the cities... I'm not sure which way this will go in each case. Also, I have already been to Prague which so I intentionally left it out):
Travel from USA to Budapest: Day 1
Budapest, Hungary: Days 1-4
Bratislava, Slovakia: Days 4-6
Vienna, Austria: Days 6-8
Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic: Days 8-10
Olomouc, Czech Republic: Days 10-12
Krakow, Poland (Including Auschwitz): Days 12-15
Travel from Krakow to USA: Day 16
My questions are:
- Is this too much traveling (i.e. should I take out a city in order to spend more time in the others)?
- I'm mostly interested in urban space/design, architecture, and history. I love history museums. I can appreciate art but I wouldn't say its my priority. What attractions in these cities are a must for someone like me?
- Is there anywhere en route I missed that maybe would be very interesting to me?
- What train pass should I buy?
- What are the best guide books for these countries/cities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 2 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 3 우리카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온라인카지노〃인터넷바카라추천
- 4 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 5 Spain in December
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 8 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 9 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 10 K-Day
- 11 Reindeer Migration on NRK
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 Spain and Portugal - 2 weeks in Mid-July - help with itinerary
- 14 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 Cell Phone Question
- 17 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 18 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 19 Greek Islands (small)
- 20 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 21 Aix en Provence Day Trips
- 22 Which is the cheapest country (and gorgeous) in Europe?
- 23 Where to go...one month w/a one year old
- 24 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 25 Campervan in Croatia
2 Wks in Eastern Europe (Hungary,Slovakia,Austria,Czech Republic,Poland)