I'll be taking my first solo-backpacking trip in May. I'll be flying into Budapest and out of Krakow. I plan on traveling around by train. Here is my perspective itinerary (I have 16 days total, days that overlap in two cities will mean a 1/2 day of travel and a 1/2 day in one of the cities... I'm not sure which way this will go in each case. Also, I have already been to Prague which so I intentionally left it out):
Travel from USA to Budapest: Day 1
Budapest, Hungary: Days 1-4
Bratislava, Slovakia: Days 4-6
Vienna, Austria: Days 6-8
Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic: Days 8-10
Olomouc, Czech Republic: Days 10-12
Krakow, Poland (Including Auschwitz): Days 12-15
Travel from Krakow to USA: Day 16
My questions are:
- Is this too much traveling (i.e. should I take out a city in order to spend more time in the others)?
- I'm mostly interested in urban space/design, architecture, and history. I love history museums. I can appreciate art but I wouldn't say its my priority. What attractions in these cities are a must for someone like me?
- Is there anywhere en route I missed that maybe would be very interesting to me?
- What train pass should I buy?
- What are the best guide books for these countries/cities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 온라인 릴 게임 사이트 ≪ 접속주소 :≫tt349.com≪
- 2 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 3 Pay attention to your watches !
- 4 Quizz !
- 5 First - but not last - trip to Greece
- 6 Basing on the Akrotiri Penisula in Crete?
- 7 Schengen Rule
- 8 Greece - when is the best time to go for warm but not too crowded?
- 9 Spanish Medical Providers
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 Christmas Day in Granada
- 12 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 13 Finalized my Summer 2018 Italy Honeymoon Itinerary!
- 14 First, jet lagged day, in Barcelona
- 15 Barcelona to Grindenwald area
- 16 Piedmont, Cinque Terre, Lucca trip report
- 17 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 18 Zurich to Milan trip
- 19 Ireland - 1 Week Options
- 20 Which car rental company to use in Croatia?
- 21 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 22 Restaurants Barcelona , Seville and Granada
- 23 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 24 Area in Madrid we might be staying
- 25 Base recommendation for Mosel and Rhine
2 Wks in Eastern Europe (Hungary,Slovakia,Austria,Czech Republic,Poland)