I'll be taking my first solo-backpacking trip in May. I'll be flying into Budapest and out of Krakow. I plan on traveling around by train. Here is my perspective itinerary (I have 16 days total, days that overlap in two cities will mean a 1/2 day of travel and a 1/2 day in one of the cities... I'm not sure which way this will go in each case. Also, I have already been to Prague which so I intentionally left it out):
Travel from USA to Budapest: Day 1
Budapest, Hungary: Days 1-4
Bratislava, Slovakia: Days 4-6
Vienna, Austria: Days 6-8
Cesky Krumlov, Czech Republic: Days 8-10
Olomouc, Czech Republic: Days 10-12
Krakow, Poland (Including Auschwitz): Days 12-15
Travel from Krakow to USA: Day 16
My questions are:
- Is this too much traveling (i.e. should I take out a city in order to spend more time in the others)?
- I'm mostly interested in urban space/design, architecture, and history. I love history museums. I can appreciate art but I wouldn't say its my priority. What attractions in these cities are a must for someone like me?
- Is there anywhere en route I missed that maybe would be very interesting to me?
- What train pass should I buy?
- What are the best guide books for these countries/cities?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 2 Alps Drive
- 3 Praiano
- 4 UK itinerary advice (family of 4)
- 5 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 6 No Periods in British Written English!
- 7 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 8 Help please
- 9 Funny One Michelin * Mix-Up in France!
- 10 Andalucia itinerary help
- 11 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 12 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 13 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 14 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 15 Planning a Trip to Greece
- 16 Starting my Paris plan for May
- 17 Perugia
- 18 Family vacation to europe
- 19 Paris cooking classes
- 20 Ronda Wine/biking
- 21 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 22 St Denis Cathedral
- 23 My Ring Road experience in Iceland
- 24 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 25 Best way from London to Gatwick these days?
2 Wks in Eastern Europe (Hungary,Slovakia,Austria,Czech Republic,Poland)