I'm thinking of a 17 days holiday from 20th September to 6th October 2013. We are deciding between 2 destinations, England and Germany. For England I have another topic. According to what I found England is more expensive then Germany especially accomodation and especially London, although it is within my budget, but I don't want to end paying too much and don't feel happy, so I will have to compare it to Germany now. So, we are thinking of upper Germany, because in the South (Munich/Bavaria) the accomodations are too expensive due to Octoberfest. The plan is to fly in and out of Berlin. We will use only public transport to go around. What do you suggest as a base to explore the upper part? I was thinking - 5 nights Cologne, 5 nights Dresden and 6 night Berlin, then do day trips from there. What do you think, is it doable? We are mainly interested in nice museums, cities, culture, some castles/palaces, cute towns and some nice landscapes.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 2 BA flights canceled until 18:00 local
- 3 Couscous
- 4 Gibraltar United Kingdom
- 5 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 6 SIM Card for London, Belgium, France & Italy
- 7 Nice/Villefranche/Monaco
- 8 Lake Geneva / Great St Bernard Pass / Milan / Naples
- 9 Ibiiza Spain
- 10 Liverpool, Cardiff & Salisbury - how would you do it?
- 11 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 12 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants
- 13 Cartagena Spain
- 14 3 nights in Madrid
- 15 Transport Christmas and NYE
- 16 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 17 CULINARY EXPLORING IN MADRID, SEVILLA, GAUCIN AND MALAGA
- 18 Driving a rental car from Croatia to Slovenia
- 19 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 20 Help with Ireland Trip
- 21 best place in london for indian food without paying an arm and a leg
- 22 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 23 Exchange ZAR in Turkey
- 24 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 25 Time to tell on yourself (embarassing travel stories)