I'm thinking of a 17 days holiday from 20th September to 6th October 2013. We are deciding between 2 destinations, England and Germany. For England I have another topic. According to what I found England is more expensive then Germany especially accomodation and especially London, although it is within my budget, but I don't want to end paying too much and don't feel happy, so I will have to compare it to Germany now. So, we are thinking of upper Germany, because in the South (Munich/Bavaria) the accomodations are too expensive due to Octoberfest. The plan is to fly in and out of Berlin. We will use only public transport to go around. What do you suggest as a base to explore the upper part? I was thinking - 5 nights Cologne, 5 nights Dresden and 6 night Berlin, then do day trips from there. What do you think, is it doable? We are mainly interested in nice museums, cities, culture, some castles/palaces, cute towns and some nice landscapes.
2 Weeks upper Germany
- 1 Best way to get from Malaga to Gibraltar to Ceuta, Morocco?
- 2 "Our Small Adventure" an Ongoing Paris Trip Report
- 3 Germany and Italy
- 4 Traveling to the Netherlands with my 10 year old daughter
- 5 Berchtesgaden & Salzburg
- 6 Car rental
- 7 Essen and Nordrhein-Westfalen
- 8 Gatwick Express 5 for 3 -- available at Victoria station or only online?
- 9 Which tour company would be best?
- 10 UK Trip, Final Chapter
- 11 First Timer - Itinerary Help - Europe tour for 22 days
- 12 A bit of Scotland, wing mirror casualty, 7 days in London, and a Fodors GTG
- 13 Club Quarters near Trafalgar Square
- 14 Please, assure me that Turkey is safe...
- 15 Bathrooms Along This Itinerary (Day in Rome)
- 16 Scavi -- Photocopy of ID Sufficient?
- 17 FCO to Fast Train and Best way to travel back from Naples to Rome
- 18 When to exchange US dollars to Euros
- 19 Train tickets - Venice to Florence to Rome
- 20 Barcelona + Venice Honeymoon in June
- 21 London at Xmas
- 22 Barcelona neighborhoods and hotels
- 23 See northern lights,end of 2013: Norway/Sweden/Finland
- 24 Travel to Italy with kids...where to stay
- 25 Hotel question...first time to Paris!