I'm thinking of a 17 days holiday from 20th September to 6th October 2013. We are deciding between 2 destinations, England and Germany. For England I have another topic. According to what I found England is more expensive then Germany especially accomodation and especially London, although it is within my budget, but I don't want to end paying too much and don't feel happy, so I will have to compare it to Germany now. So, we are thinking of upper Germany, because in the South (Munich/Bavaria) the accomodations are too expensive due to Octoberfest. The plan is to fly in and out of Berlin. We will use only public transport to go around. What do you suggest as a base to explore the upper part? I was thinking - 5 nights Cologne, 5 nights Dresden and 6 night Berlin, then do day trips from there. What do you think, is it doable? We are mainly interested in nice museums, cities, culture, some castles/palaces, cute towns and some nice landscapes.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 First Trip to Europe, HELP
- 2 Netflix and Hulu
- 3 Advice on Bethnal Green, Shoreditch area London
- 4 England--Cambridge on a Sunday (SIM card? Restaurants)
- 5 London vacation, 1st time in UK
- 6 Lisbon and Spain-"must see" advance tix?
- 7 Passport 6-month validity requirement is for ENTRY date, not exit, right?
- 8 Amalfi October 16-25
- 9 Anyone used the new airline La Compagnie
- 10 Cost of Taxi from Ravello to Positano?
- 11 11 Days - Ljubljana, Croatia, Sarajevo
- 12 Winter Western Europe Tour
- 13 Germany in 7 days
- 14 Paris hotels
- 15 Portugal itinerary without a car - suggestions appreciated!
- 16 Norway and Copenhagen - 13 days
- 17 venice/slovenia/croatia
- 18 Aldeburgh to London-where to drop off rental car and pick up train?
- 19 Florence with 11 & 13 year old
- 20 Naples
- 21 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 22 Restaurant Recommendations in Rome
- 23 Como or Bellagio
- 24 Traveling to Nice, seeking someone to join.
- 25 Milan airport to Duomo area by train?