I'm thinking of a 17 days holiday from 20th September to 6th October 2013. We are deciding between 2 destinations, England and Germany. For England I have another topic. According to what I found England is more expensive then Germany especially accomodation and especially London, although it is within my budget, but I don't want to end paying too much and don't feel happy, so I will have to compare it to Germany now. So, we are thinking of upper Germany, because in the South (Munich/Bavaria) the accomodations are too expensive due to Octoberfest. The plan is to fly in and out of Berlin. We will use only public transport to go around. What do you suggest as a base to explore the upper part? I was thinking - 5 nights Cologne, 5 nights Dresden and 6 night Berlin, then do day trips from there. What do you think, is it doable? We are mainly interested in nice museums, cities, culture, some castles/palaces, cute towns and some nice landscapes.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Croatia Driving Trip in March
- 2 How to get from the Airport (Charles de Gaul) to Marais
- 3 Venice Restaurant on Easter Sunday?
- 4 Venice to Malpensa: which way to travel?
- 5 Reading Recommendations Spain
- 6 Flight Cost to Athens
- 7 London, Edinburgh, Italy..HELP!
- 8 5 women, Italy, need suggestions
- 9 Paris: Best Hot Chocolate
- 10 Public Transport information App/Website
- 11 Hotel advice
- 12 Flying from Porto to Barcelona
- 13 First time to Ireland with young kids
- 14 Easter in Tuscany - which town to stay?
- 15 Doobie in Amsterdam
- 16 Dropping off a rental car in Chiusi question
- 17 Flight to London - Discount Airlines?
- 18 Gengenbach or Schiltach
- 19 Vet my itinerary
- 20 Sienna with kids
- 21 Need Apartment with Paris Balcony for Family of Five - Not tourist central
- 22 Public Transportation in Vienna: Borderline Organized Crime
- 23 Oh Italy, What to wear!
- 24 Family Trip to Italy - North or South? April, July or October?
- 25 Looking for advice about 2 week solo trip to Italy