I'm thinking of a 17 days holiday from 20th September to 6th October 2013. We are deciding between 2 destinations, England and Germany. For England I have another topic. According to what I found England is more expensive then Germany especially accomodation and especially London, although it is within my budget, but I don't want to end paying too much and don't feel happy, so I will have to compare it to Germany now. So, we are thinking of upper Germany, because in the South (Munich/Bavaria) the accomodations are too expensive due to Octoberfest. The plan is to fly in and out of Berlin. We will use only public transport to go around. What do you suggest as a base to explore the upper part? I was thinking - 5 nights Cologne, 5 nights Dresden and 6 night Berlin, then do day trips from there. What do you think, is it doable? We are mainly interested in nice museums, cities, culture, some castles/palaces, cute towns and some nice landscapes.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 2 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 3 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 6 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 7 Ireland travel passport question
- 8 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 9 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Italy
- 12 Revised itinerary for italy
- 13 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 14 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 15 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 16 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 17 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 18 Juangfrau / mt
- 19 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 20 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 21 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 22 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 23 Switzerland
- 24 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 25 Questions about Polish sights