I'm thinking of a 17 days holiday from 20th September to 6th October 2013. We are deciding between 2 destinations, England and Germany. For England I have another topic. According to what I found England is more expensive then Germany especially accomodation and especially London, although it is within my budget, but I don't want to end paying too much and don't feel happy, so I will have to compare it to Germany now. So, we are thinking of upper Germany, because in the South (Munich/Bavaria) the accomodations are too expensive due to Octoberfest. The plan is to fly in and out of Berlin. We will use only public transport to go around. What do you suggest as a base to explore the upper part? I was thinking - 5 nights Cologne, 5 nights Dresden and 6 night Berlin, then do day trips from there. What do you think, is it doable? We are mainly interested in nice museums, cities, culture, some castles/palaces, cute towns and some nice landscapes.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 2 Amsterdam bike rides and maps
- 3 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 4 Who is up for an informal GTG in Paris between Oct 15-22
- 5 Greece Experts
- 6 Passport question - carry with or leave at hotel?
- 7 Short, one day trip to Sighișoara, what do you recommend?
- 8 France to stop making foie grois
- 9 Base City for N Europe Layover
- 10 Germany, May'16: Four seasons in three weeks.
- 11 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 12 Ireland driving itinerary
- 13 Greece Itinerary
- 14 Germany and Austria trip report
- 15 From London to Paris to US
- 16 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 17 Paris Museum Pass and Skip the Line
- 18 Venice, Maggiore, Jungfrau
- 19 Day Trip from Lausanne
- 20 Nice village, good restaurant, between Bologna and Florence?
- 21 Puglia
- 22 My greece vacation
- 23 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 24 Sevilla to Cordoba Day Trip: How many hours needed?
- 25 Naples or Genoa