I'm thinking of a 17 days holiday from 20th September to 6th October 2013. We are deciding between 2 destinations, England and Germany. For England I have another topic. According to what I found England is more expensive then Germany especially accomodation and especially London, although it is within my budget, but I don't want to end paying too much and don't feel happy, so I will have to compare it to Germany now. So, we are thinking of upper Germany, because in the South (Munich/Bavaria) the accomodations are too expensive due to Octoberfest. The plan is to fly in and out of Berlin. We will use only public transport to go around. What do you suggest as a base to explore the upper part? I was thinking - 5 nights Cologne, 5 nights Dresden and 6 night Berlin, then do day trips from there. What do you think, is it doable? We are mainly interested in nice museums, cities, culture, some castles/palaces, cute towns and some nice landscapes.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Tour in Italy
- 2 Amalfi coast
- 3 anyone use 'NO JET LAG' ?
- 4 Ideas for travel (hiking) in Northern Italy
- 5 Rail pass question
- 6 Going to Spain? Watch this movie.
- 7 Where to eat Paella in Valencia?
- 8 Dublin Hotel Advice & Construction
- 9 12 days europe
- 10 Zynev is Scam? READ Before Try It
- 11 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 12 If you had four months...
- 13 Trip Report: a Douro river cruise and Porto
- 14 Day Trips out of Portland, Dorset
- 15 What countries to visit in Europe (50 days) for teenagers
- 16 GD Designs Rochdale Reviews (30)
- 17 Convents in Venice
- 18 cell phone companys
- 19 Itinerary Help B&Bs
- 20 The annual Ganesha procession in Paris
- 21 Toddler stroller - Yes or No for Switzerland trip?
- 22 3 days to spend in europe
- 23 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 24 Berlin restaurant recs
- 25 flying into Lyon..have 10 days