I'm thinking of a 17 days holiday from 20th September to 6th October 2013. We are deciding between 2 destinations, England and Germany. For England I have another topic. According to what I found England is more expensive then Germany especially accomodation and especially London, although it is within my budget, but I don't want to end paying too much and don't feel happy, so I will have to compare it to Germany now. So, we are thinking of upper Germany, because in the South (Munich/Bavaria) the accomodations are too expensive due to Octoberfest. The plan is to fly in and out of Berlin. We will use only public transport to go around. What do you suggest as a base to explore the upper part? I was thinking - 5 nights Cologne, 5 nights Dresden and 6 night Berlin, then do day trips from there. What do you think, is it doable? We are mainly interested in nice museums, cities, culture, some castles/palaces, cute towns and some nice landscapes.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 2 Brussels Hotel Recommendation
- 3 Maybe your worst nighmare...
- 4 Athens Help
- 5 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 6 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 7 Restaurant suggestions in Bologna
- 8 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 9 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 10 Trip report: Portugal, Barcelona and Switzerland
- 11 Trains in Italy
- 12 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 13 Uber vs. TfL
- 14 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 15 Swimming in Camogli, Santa Margherita Ligure, Italy
- 16 TikiTouringTwins - toddler travel
- 17 Alitala
- 18 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 19 celticmoon, a quick question
- 20 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 21 What fresh hell is this?
- 22 Firenze, Venezia, Cruise, Cinque Terre, Nce
- 23 Which Train Station in Venice
- 24 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia
- 25 Greek Village