I am treating my husband to a 2 week trip to Norway in summer 2014 for his 50th birthday. His father is Norwegian and my husband has always wanted to go. We are both avid hikers and vegetarians. We prefer to explore by car/foot vs. cruise. We want to see fjords and do lots of hiking and maybe Oslo (for the viking museum) but not long in any big city. We would love hut to hut hiking but would require private bathrooms, not sure if that's possible. One thing my husband's father said to see was in the Vik area. There is a Nesheim township around there where the family is from. Any advice appreciated!
2 weeks summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Deciding on apartment location in Rome
- 2 Reykjavik hotels
- 3 Hotels that we found special
- 4 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 5 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 6 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 7 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 8 Too many Trip Reports
- 9 How much do you spend on travel in Europe?
- 10 Staycation: can't believe I'm doing this
- 11 Cappadocia/Kas/Cirali/IST Spring 2014 Trip Report
- 12 Two Dip-$hits go to Italy! Amalfi Coast, Rome and Bologna
- 13 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 14 Portugal or Bulgaria
- 15 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 16 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 17 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 18 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 19 For Those of You Who Scoff At Train Travel
- 20 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 21 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 22 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 23 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 24 6+ weeks in Portugal and Spain - itinerary suggestions pls
- 25 Barcelona attraction tickets