I am treating my husband to a 2 week trip to Norway in summer 2014 for his 50th birthday. His father is Norwegian and my husband has always wanted to go. We are both avid hikers and vegetarians. We prefer to explore by car/foot vs. cruise. We want to see fjords and do lots of hiking and maybe Oslo (for the viking museum) but not long in any big city. We would love hut to hut hiking but would require private bathrooms, not sure if that's possible. One thing my husband's father said to see was in the Vik area. There is a Nesheim township around there where the family is from. Any advice appreciated!
2 weeks summer 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice to Milan train tickets (for August travel) sold out already?
- 2 Getting to San Seb from Madrid
- 3 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 4 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 5 Amsterdam / Belgium Itinerary
- 6 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 7 campsite availability in peak season - Spain/Portgual/France
- 8 London Tube strike scheduled for Apr 28 (2 days) and May 5 (3 days). Help!
- 9 Pronunciation
- 10 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 11 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 12 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 13 Crete/Santorini OR Positano/Capri - where to visit?
- 14 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 15 Two weeks in Paris ... how to fill?
- 16 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 17 best time to book accommodation
- 18 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 19 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 20 London visit
- 21 Long Weekend in Lisbon - Loved it!
- 22 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 23 Any experience with Cave Lodging in Loire Valley?
- 24 No points in Paris .....
- 25 Basque Spain to Lourdes to Carcassonne to Provence! 12 busy days solo