20 July 2010, 13:03
My beloved and I are planning to fly to Italy on 23 Sept to spend about 2 weeks in Bologna/Riccione/Ravenna/Rimini area. We are going Adriatic coast to stay on the beach for about a week, while touring Ravenna, Rimini and any other interesting places anyone may suggest. We heard that Riccione is the place to stay while there...correct or any other advice? The beach is always a nice vacation for us. Sicily, the Amalfi and Ligurian coasts did not disappoint, so we are pretty sure that the Adriactic will be just as great. Is a week too much?...because then we are going on to Bologna for a week and day tripping to Modena, Parma, Ferrara... Should we stay in Modena and day trip to Bologna, Ferrara, Parma? I have bookmarked several Bologna discussions and it seems that Bologna alone could occupy us for the entire time...but while we are there, it would be a shame not to tour around a bit. Our main problem is getting a hotel in Bologna...we were going to start in Bologna and then go on to the beach, however, there is a trade fair there the first week we are there, so everything is booked. We turned the travelling upside down, to start on the coast, but we are still having problems booking the first week of October in Bologna. Thus my query about staying in some other town around there. Any suggestions, or small hotels, that might not be advertised so readily on the trip advisor or fodors forums? And finally, we are thinking of NOT renting a car for this trip. Is that wise? I hear there are fabulous public transport connections from Bologna, and the only thing we might need a car for is the car museums outside of Modena. Parking in the cities, it seems is a problem...I should know, I live in New York City and do have a car which can be a both a convenience and a pain. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, information, or advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italian Opera-Edinburgh Tattoo-"Great" Houses-Cornwall: Ongoing and FINAL
- 2 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 3 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 4 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 5 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 6 Car Rentals in Avignon
- 7 10-Day Trip Planned..Need Recommendations
- 8 Private Guide in Lyon
- 9 13 nights in switzerland
- 10 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 11 London Theater
- 12 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 13 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 14 Best day trips from Perugia and Umbertide
- 15 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 16 Greece - 8 days - Recommendations please!
- 17 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 18 Planning first Italy Trip!
- 19 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 20 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 21 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 22 Last minute trip to Capri
- 23 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 24 Area with nicest countryside--Assisi, Veneto or Emilia?
- 25 3 nights in the 10th Paris
20 July 2010, 13:03