20 July 2010, 13:03
My beloved and I are planning to fly to Italy on 23 Sept to spend about 2 weeks in Bologna/Riccione/Ravenna/Rimini area. We are going Adriatic coast to stay on the beach for about a week, while touring Ravenna, Rimini and any other interesting places anyone may suggest. We heard that Riccione is the place to stay while there...correct or any other advice? The beach is always a nice vacation for us. Sicily, the Amalfi and Ligurian coasts did not disappoint, so we are pretty sure that the Adriactic will be just as great. Is a week too much?...because then we are going on to Bologna for a week and day tripping to Modena, Parma, Ferrara... Should we stay in Modena and day trip to Bologna, Ferrara, Parma? I have bookmarked several Bologna discussions and it seems that Bologna alone could occupy us for the entire time...but while we are there, it would be a shame not to tour around a bit. Our main problem is getting a hotel in Bologna...we were going to start in Bologna and then go on to the beach, however, there is a trade fair there the first week we are there, so everything is booked. We turned the travelling upside down, to start on the coast, but we are still having problems booking the first week of October in Bologna. Thus my query about staying in some other town around there. Any suggestions, or small hotels, that might not be advertised so readily on the trip advisor or fodors forums? And finally, we are thinking of NOT renting a car for this trip. Is that wise? I hear there are fabulous public transport connections from Bologna, and the only thing we might need a car for is the car museums outside of Modena. Parking in the cities, it seems is a problem...I should know, I live in New York City and do have a car which can be a both a convenience and a pain. Thanks in advance for any suggestions, information, or advice.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 2 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 3 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 4 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 5 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 6 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 7 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 8 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 9 Hotels in Turin
- 10 Just 1 or 2 or 3 days in Rome? Here are free self guided itineraries
- 11 Romania: Putting together a 7-day itinerary
- 12 Dolomites Sept 2017 express bus schedules
- 13 Help on ancient history route
- 14 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 15 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 16 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 17 Best Viking Sites
- 18 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 19 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 20 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 21 Greece
- 22 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 23 Paris advice with kids
- 24 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 25 tickets for Wimbledon
20 July 2010, 13:03