I am wondering if there are 'must sees' on the Beara Peninsula or in the vicinity. Next month my husband and I are spending two weeks in west Cork on Beara, near Adrigole. We are renting a cottage for the time,Dan and Joanies, then spending the weekend in Doolin before heading to the Mourne Mountains for a couple of days and finally back to Dublin for two days before flying out. I would love to find out about some little known spots or hidden gems in the area, and we are not afraid of driving! We've been to Ireland a few times before but have not stayed in County Cork or gone up so far north of Dublin.
Also, I am a fan of road bowling, but have never seen it in person, only videos. Does anyone know how to find out if there is a schedule? Or is it just an impromptu kind of thing that I should ask about locally?
I would so appreciate any ideas for a wild adventure! Thanks for any help at all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 2 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 3 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 4 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 5 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 6 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 7 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 8 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 9 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 12 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 13 Shall we Gdansk?
- 14 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 15 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 16 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 17 Jewish Vienna
- 18 Short time in Vienna
- 19 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 20 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 21 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 22 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 23 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 24 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 25 Switzerland part of 3-week trip