I am wondering if there are 'must sees' on the Beara Peninsula or in the vicinity. Next month my husband and I are spending two weeks in west Cork on Beara, near Adrigole. We are renting a cottage for the time,Dan and Joanies, then spending the weekend in Doolin before heading to the Mourne Mountains for a couple of days and finally back to Dublin for two days before flying out. I would love to find out about some little known spots or hidden gems in the area, and we are not afraid of driving! We've been to Ireland a few times before but have not stayed in County Cork or gone up so far north of Dublin.
Also, I am a fan of road bowling, but have never seen it in person, only videos. Does anyone know how to find out if there is a schedule? Or is it just an impromptu kind of thing that I should ask about locally?
I would so appreciate any ideas for a wild adventure! Thanks for any help at all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Honeymoon trip to Europe - Would love your recommendations
- 2 Travel WiFi - France
- 3 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 4 Help with itinerary
- 5 Where to start Chiantigiana drive from Montepulciano?
- 6 Bellagio Accomodations in October
- 7 3 nights in Paris
- 8 1 day trip from Nice
- 9 Trip report (Lisbon, Doura valley, Marvao, Evora, Algarve)
- 10 Stores that sell Knorr products in Munich?
- 11 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 12 Planning Advice!
- 13 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 14 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 15 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 16 Northern Italy in mid-October
- 17 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 18 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 19 England and Wales by public transport
- 20 Our European adventures
- 21 Walking Scotland
- 22 Naples or Genoa
- 23 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 24 2 Nights in Bath, 1 Night in Ludlow - Itinerary Details
- 25 Were to stay near Lecce?