I am wondering if there are 'must sees' on the Beara Peninsula or in the vicinity. Next month my husband and I are spending two weeks in west Cork on Beara, near Adrigole. We are renting a cottage for the time,Dan and Joanies, then spending the weekend in Doolin before heading to the Mourne Mountains for a couple of days and finally back to Dublin for two days before flying out. I would love to find out about some little known spots or hidden gems in the area, and we are not afraid of driving! We've been to Ireland a few times before but have not stayed in County Cork or gone up so far north of Dublin.
Also, I am a fan of road bowling, but have never seen it in person, only videos. Does anyone know how to find out if there is a schedule? Or is it just an impromptu kind of thing that I should ask about locally?
I would so appreciate any ideas for a wild adventure! Thanks for any help at all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 2 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 3 14 nights in Europe
- 4 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 5 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 6 Vienna or Budapest?
- 7 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 8 French immersion courses in France
- 9 Berlin, germany
- 10 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 11 First time to London - couple for lodging
- 12 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 13 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 14 4 days in switzerland
- 15 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 16 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 17 Bologna, Florence, Venice 5 days
- 18 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 19 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 20 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 21 Ireland & Scotland
- 22 CDG airport
- 23 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 24 First time trip to Ireland - 6 nights
- 25 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania