I am wondering if there are 'must sees' on the Beara Peninsula or in the vicinity. Next month my husband and I are spending two weeks in west Cork on Beara, near Adrigole. We are renting a cottage for the time,Dan and Joanies, then spending the weekend in Doolin before heading to the Mourne Mountains for a couple of days and finally back to Dublin for two days before flying out. I would love to find out about some little known spots or hidden gems in the area, and we are not afraid of driving! We've been to Ireland a few times before but have not stayed in County Cork or gone up so far north of Dublin.
Also, I am a fan of road bowling, but have never seen it in person, only videos. Does anyone know how to find out if there is a schedule? Or is it just an impromptu kind of thing that I should ask about locally?
I would so appreciate any ideas for a wild adventure! Thanks for any help at all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Destination for Teenage Girls?
- 2 Car rental Croatia
- 3 Update on buying SIM Card at FCO
- 4 Puglia, and a touch of Rome
- 5 Summer holiday's in Zermatt - Switzerland
- 6 1 week solo in Europe. Which of these?
- 7 Torridon Scotland. Four days. What to do?
- 8 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 9 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 10 Cheap Hotel in Prague
- 11 Pensione Suzanne, Vienna
- 12 kureiff and dcd
- 13 Scotland/UK itinerary
- 14 February in Florence
- 15 Visit Uzes from Nimes by bus
- 16 help in planning itinerary to UK
- 17 Trip report: 24 days in Croatia, Slovenia and Budapest
- 18 Planning 2 days in Granada
- 19 PLITVICE LAKES
- 20 England and Wales by public transport
- 21 Loire Valley itinerary
- 22 Venice, September 2016, a trip report (sort of).
- 23 Norway Route to take for Self driving
- 24 Should we go to Vienna?
- 25 First Post, Lots of Questions