I am wondering if there are 'must sees' on the Beara Peninsula or in the vicinity. Next month my husband and I are spending two weeks in west Cork on Beara, near Adrigole. We are renting a cottage for the time,Dan and Joanies, then spending the weekend in Doolin before heading to the Mourne Mountains for a couple of days and finally back to Dublin for two days before flying out. I would love to find out about some little known spots or hidden gems in the area, and we are not afraid of driving! We've been to Ireland a few times before but have not stayed in County Cork or gone up so far north of Dublin.
Also, I am a fan of road bowling, but have never seen it in person, only videos. Does anyone know how to find out if there is a schedule? Or is it just an impromptu kind of thing that I should ask about locally?
I would so appreciate any ideas for a wild adventure! Thanks for any help at all!
2 weeks on Beara Penninsula / road bowling
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Lake Como -> Milan -> Last Supper; ferry,train,bus?? Help needed
- 2 Need suggestions for day trips in Provence
- 3 NT in devon and cornwall
- 4 help and advice
- 5 Keeping in touch with young children while in Europe
- 6 Moving Back Home to Travel Back Again
- 7 Bernina and Glacier Express routes
- 8 Italian Lakes + Switzerland
- 9 14 Day Swiss Itinerary Sep-2015
- 10 Lyon Arrondissements
- 11 Possible London GTG between April 28/May1
- 12 Scenic Beauty in Greek Island ? Crete or other island ?
- 13 Garmisch
- 14 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 15 Venice - things to do?
- 16 Rome to Positano
- 17 DCC on the increase?
- 18 Need help with Normandy & Loire Valley itinerary + extra days
- 19 Which 2 of these 3: Lekeitio, Getaria, and Hondarribia
- 20 Chamonix to Lyon by train or bus
- 21 Italy/ Spain in December
- 22 travel in Spain or France from Barcelona or Madrid
- 23 Spring in Spain: Crawling up Mallorca; Pushing Through Toledo
- 24 Where to stay in Paris - first time young, solo female
- 25 Sweden - Gothenburg and Malmö photo gallery and tourist attractions