I am wondering if there are 'must sees' on the Beara Peninsula or in the vicinity. Next month my husband and I are spending two weeks in west Cork on Beara, near Adrigole. We are renting a cottage for the time,Dan and Joanies, then spending the weekend in Doolin before heading to the Mourne Mountains for a couple of days and finally back to Dublin for two days before flying out. I would love to find out about some little known spots or hidden gems in the area, and we are not afraid of driving! We've been to Ireland a few times before but have not stayed in County Cork or gone up so far north of Dublin.
Also, I am a fan of road bowling, but have never seen it in person, only videos. Does anyone know how to find out if there is a schedule? Or is it just an impromptu kind of thing that I should ask about locally?
I would so appreciate any ideas for a wild adventure! Thanks for any help at all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 weeks: Great Britain, France, Italy, The Netherlands
- 2 Irish Countryside in 1 day
- 3 Naples to Pompeii
- 4 Cell phones in France and England
- 5 Madrid - Madrid - 9 days
- 6 Algarve,Portugal at Christmas?
- 7 Stability and safety in Turkey
- 8 Parking in Italy
- 9 Where to stay in Emilia-Romagna for best food?
- 10 sim card
- 11 Plan Italy trip
- 12 Restauant Suggestions for our Spain Trip
- 13 Bus from montalcino to Firenze
- 14 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 15 apartments florence
- 16 Immigration from Italy to Ireland to US
- 17 Italy Tuscany or Umbria, Naples area advice please
- 18 Help. Medical escort needed after accident during holiday.
- 19 Florence, Italy
- 20 Italy trains question
- 21 Planning a trip to Madrid and Granada
- 22 Girls Trip to Rome!
- 23 How to split time between Dubrovnik and Split?
- 24 Road Trip! Two weeks in Ireland with planning advice for you.
- 25 FCO connection time