I am wondering if there are 'must sees' on the Beara Peninsula or in the vicinity. Next month my husband and I are spending two weeks in west Cork on Beara, near Adrigole. We are renting a cottage for the time,Dan and Joanies, then spending the weekend in Doolin before heading to the Mourne Mountains for a couple of days and finally back to Dublin for two days before flying out. I would love to find out about some little known spots or hidden gems in the area, and we are not afraid of driving! We've been to Ireland a few times before but have not stayed in County Cork or gone up so far north of Dublin.
Also, I am a fan of road bowling, but have never seen it in person, only videos. Does anyone know how to find out if there is a schedule? Or is it just an impromptu kind of thing that I should ask about locally?
I would so appreciate any ideas for a wild adventure! Thanks for any help at all!
2 weeks on Beara Penninsula / road bowling
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ireland or Scotland
- 2 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 3 Following the Tour de France via Campervan
- 4 Cruise the River Shannon
- 5 1,000,001 Steps: Ups and Downs in Greece for 3 Weeks
- 6 TR: Self indulgence in London and Venice
- 7 Food tours in Rome?
- 8 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 9 Rome Food Tour
- 10 trip to norway
- 11 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 12 How late is too late for a trip report?
- 13 Something unique about your best city anywhere in Europe
- 14 Rome restaurant suggestions
- 15 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 16 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 17 Italy and Croatia
- 18 Help with England/Wales tour
- 19 Photography Trip Ideas in Eastern Europe
- 20 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 21 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 22 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 23 Crete, Santorini, Naxos, Mykonos, Athens
- 24 Scandinavian tour - first time!
- 25 Walkers Haute Route, TMB, etc. closed until June 2015