I am wondering if there are 'must sees' on the Beara Peninsula or in the vicinity. Next month my husband and I are spending two weeks in west Cork on Beara, near Adrigole. We are renting a cottage for the time,Dan and Joanies, then spending the weekend in Doolin before heading to the Mourne Mountains for a couple of days and finally back to Dublin for two days before flying out. I would love to find out about some little known spots or hidden gems in the area, and we are not afraid of driving! We've been to Ireland a few times before but have not stayed in County Cork or gone up so far north of Dublin.
Also, I am a fan of road bowling, but have never seen it in person, only videos. Does anyone know how to find out if there is a schedule? Or is it just an impromptu kind of thing that I should ask about locally?
I would so appreciate any ideas for a wild adventure! Thanks for any help at all!
2 weeks on Beara Penninsula / road bowling
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 2 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 3 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 4 Champagne, Chocolates and Christmas, but no Chanel - Paris and Alsace
- 5 HELP FLORENCE TO ROME BY CAR WHAT TO DO
- 6 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 7 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 8 Where to stay in Rome
- 9 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 10 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 11 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 14 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 15 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 16 Prague, Austria and Germany in 17 days
- 17 Sicily Suggetions
- 18 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 19 Travelling two weeks in London, Ireland and Scotland.
- 20 North of Spain from Bilbao
- 21 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 22 Heathrow Airport Hotel
- 23 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 24 7 days in Greece
- 25 Amalfi transport to Pompeii ruins