I am wondering if there are 'must sees' on the Beara Peninsula or in the vicinity. Next month my husband and I are spending two weeks in west Cork on Beara, near Adrigole. We are renting a cottage for the time,Dan and Joanies, then spending the weekend in Doolin before heading to the Mourne Mountains for a couple of days and finally back to Dublin for two days before flying out. I would love to find out about some little known spots or hidden gems in the area, and we are not afraid of driving! We've been to Ireland a few times before but have not stayed in County Cork or gone up so far north of Dublin.
Also, I am a fan of road bowling, but have never seen it in person, only videos. Does anyone know how to find out if there is a schedule? Or is it just an impromptu kind of thing that I should ask about locally?
I would so appreciate any ideas for a wild adventure! Thanks for any help at all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Questions about Polish sights
- 2 Itinerary help needed: 10-11 days in Calabria, Siciily, and (maybe) Puglia
- 3 vienna
- 4 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 5 Bernina Express mid-March
- 6 Ireland travel passport question
- 7 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 8 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 9 Tripcho Travel Guided Tours
- 10 4 days itinerary for France
- 11 Marksburg Castle Transport Question
- 12 where to stay in London?
- 13 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 14 Juangfrau / mt
- 15 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 16 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 17 Switzerland
- 18 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 19 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 20 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 21 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 22 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 23 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 24 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 25 Southern Germany - a base for travel