I am wondering if there are 'must sees' on the Beara Peninsula or in the vicinity. Next month my husband and I are spending two weeks in west Cork on Beara, near Adrigole. We are renting a cottage for the time,Dan and Joanies, then spending the weekend in Doolin before heading to the Mourne Mountains for a couple of days and finally back to Dublin for two days before flying out. I would love to find out about some little known spots or hidden gems in the area, and we are not afraid of driving! We've been to Ireland a few times before but have not stayed in County Cork or gone up so far north of Dublin.
Also, I am a fan of road bowling, but have never seen it in person, only videos. Does anyone know how to find out if there is a schedule? Or is it just an impromptu kind of thing that I should ask about locally?
I would so appreciate any ideas for a wild adventure! Thanks for any help at all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 2 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 3 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 4 Apple Pay on London Transit
- 5 Barcelona alternative
- 6 Iceland early december visit
- 7 Frankfurt to UK
- 8 Christmas Markets France/Germany
- 9 God Save the Queen?
- 10 Road trip with our dog
- 11 Milan or Turin
- 12 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 13 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 14 Ger’s Italian Trip Report: Padua, Ferrara, Siena, Perugia and Florence
- 15 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 16 9 Days in Spain
- 17 Paris to Italy
- 18 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 19 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 20 Visiting Plitivce National Park
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 Spanish Medical Providers
- 23 Italy Car Scam
- 24 London flat rental: the more I research, the more frustrating it becomes
- 25 Undiscovered Places in Paris