My wife and I are in the initial stages of planning a two week trip to the United Kingdom. On our wishlist is seeing London and some of the countryside and Scotland, (Edinburgh?) and also Ireland, maybe Dublin. We are planning on going the first two weeks of August 2012. We were thinking of maybe having two or three home bases and then taking day trips. Not sure about the flying agenda, maybe flying in and out of London to save money? Do you think we can cover this area in two weeks? Any ideas/thoughts?
2 weeks; London, Edinburgh & Dublin?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4-6 weeks
- 2 Help with Tuscany for a week late May/early June
- 3 Help With Vienna
- 4 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 5 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 6 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 7 Five Days With Rabbies in Devon and Cornwall
- 8 flights from San Francisco to Germany
- 9 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 10 London, Paris, Rome Trip Report
- 11 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 12 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 13 Eiffel tower tickets
- 14 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 15 Venice Banning Fodors
- 16 Iceland with kids - purchase a 'self-drive' package or DIY?
- 17 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 18 Difference in price between Lufthansa and United
- 19 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 20 Please help with Sicily Itinerary!
- 21 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 22 France, Italy and Greec
- 23 How to pay tolls in Portugal when there is no toll booth
- 24 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 25 Why go further, Manchester Christmas Markets back soon.