My wife, and I are planning to travel to Europe for 2 weeks in second half of September with our daughter who will be 3.5 years old by then. To avoid rushing with a young child, we want to cover just two destinations(and areas around them) in Europe.
I started with Rome and Tuscany for 2 weeks plan a month back but now I feel we might as well try to visit two countries if we're flying all the way over from Seattle. We'd definitely want to go to non-rainy place.
Here are our rough ideas
1) Fly from Seattle into one of Vienna/Munich/Provence
2) Stay for 6 days (possible short trips aside)
3) Take an overnight train to Florence.
4) Spend 6 days over there maybe with day trips to Sienna and Assisi.
5) Fly back to Seattle
I want to spend 6 days in Italy since it seems like a good family friendly place. My daughter would love Pizza/Pasta/Gelato and I love old buildings.
I am not able to decide between Vienna/Munich/Provence probably Swiss cities close to Italy. I can rent a car but would like to avoid it. I'd prefer to rent an apartment but that should be available in all the cases. Any opinions?
Thanks for any tips!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 2 London with Teens Trip Report
- 3 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 4 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 5 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 6 Lake Como AREA questions
- 7 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 8 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 9 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 10 PORTO (???) combine with Galicia??
- 11 Spain - day driver advice
- 12 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 13 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 14 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 15 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 16 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 17 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 18 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 19 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 20 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 23 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 24 Madrird and Seville
- 25 Greece
2 weeks Itinerary opinion- Vienna or Munich and Italy with a kid