My wife, and I are planning to travel to Europe for 2 weeks in second half of September with our daughter who will be 3.5 years old by then. To avoid rushing with a young child, we want to cover just two destinations(and areas around them) in Europe.
I started with Rome and Tuscany for 2 weeks plan a month back but now I feel we might as well try to visit two countries if we're flying all the way over from Seattle. We'd definitely want to go to non-rainy place.
Here are our rough ideas
1) Fly from Seattle into one of Vienna/Munich/Provence
2) Stay for 6 days (possible short trips aside)
3) Take an overnight train to Florence.
4) Spend 6 days over there maybe with day trips to Sienna and Assisi.
5) Fly back to Seattle
I want to spend 6 days in Italy since it seems like a good family friendly place. My daughter would love Pizza/Pasta/Gelato and I love old buildings.
I am not able to decide between Vienna/Munich/Provence probably Swiss cities close to Italy. I can rent a car but would like to avoid it. I'd prefer to rent an apartment but that should be available in all the cases. Any opinions?
Thanks for any tips!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 3 Tracking the Weather
- 4 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 5 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 6 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 7 barcelona neighborhood
- 8 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 9 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 10 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 11 Les Invalides Night Show
- 12 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 13 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 14 Which Day?
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 17 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 18 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 19 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 20 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 21 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 22 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 23 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 24 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 25 First trip to Greece (last minute!)
2 weeks Itinerary opinion- Vienna or Munich and Italy with a kid