My wife, and I are planning to travel to Europe for 2 weeks in second half of September with our daughter who will be 3.5 years old by then. To avoid rushing with a young child, we want to cover just two destinations(and areas around them) in Europe.
I started with Rome and Tuscany for 2 weeks plan a month back but now I feel we might as well try to visit two countries if we're flying all the way over from Seattle. We'd definitely want to go to non-rainy place.
Here are our rough ideas
1) Fly from Seattle into one of Vienna/Munich/Provence
2) Stay for 6 days (possible short trips aside)
3) Take an overnight train to Florence.
4) Spend 6 days over there maybe with day trips to Sienna and Assisi.
5) Fly back to Seattle
I want to spend 6 days in Italy since it seems like a good family friendly place. My daughter would love Pizza/Pasta/Gelato and I love old buildings.
I am not able to decide between Vienna/Munich/Provence probably Swiss cities close to Italy. I can rent a car but would like to avoid it. I'd prefer to rent an apartment but that should be available in all the cases. Any opinions?
Thanks for any tips!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 아시안오즈＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼아시안카지노〉인터넷카지노추천
- 2 Cordoba Overnight?
- 3 Trip report (long): Greek Macedonia, some insights into London's airports and the discovery of perhaps the worst airline in the developed world.
- 4 Souvenirs to collect while backpacking?
- 5 SPB White Nights boat tours
- 6 Security -- day pack at museums +
- 7 Need Help with German Train Schedule
- 8 Specific phone service questions about Italy & Amsterdam
- 9 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?
- 10 LUCKY TO BE ALIVE !!!
- 11 dinner jackets
- 12 Kroller-Muller - Paleis Het Loo - Maurithuis
- 13 Planning trip to Barcelona. Madrid and Tossa Del Mar
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 Italy Switzerland Croata Itinerary Help
- 16 Weekend in Galicia -- Sil River Gorge
- 17 Gubbio, Gubbio, wherefore art thou, O Gubbio?
- 18 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 19 Shoes for little feet in Spain
- 20 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 21 AVIGNON / DAY TRIP Gordes or Arles
- 22 13 Days with 13-year-olds in Greece
- 23 Travel within Greece, and motion sickness?
- 24 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 25 Piedmont as a destination
2 weeks Itinerary opinion- Vienna or Munich and Italy with a kid