My wife, and I are planning to travel to Europe for 2 weeks in second half of September with our daughter who will be 3.5 years old by then. To avoid rushing with a young child, we want to cover just two destinations(and areas around them) in Europe.
I started with Rome and Tuscany for 2 weeks plan a month back but now I feel we might as well try to visit two countries if we're flying all the way over from Seattle. We'd definitely want to go to non-rainy place.
Here are our rough ideas
1) Fly from Seattle into one of Vienna/Munich/Provence
2) Stay for 6 days (possible short trips aside)
3) Take an overnight train to Florence.
4) Spend 6 days over there maybe with day trips to Sienna and Assisi.
5) Fly back to Seattle
I want to spend 6 days in Italy since it seems like a good family friendly place. My daughter would love Pizza/Pasta/Gelato and I love old buildings.
I am not able to decide between Vienna/Munich/Provence probably Swiss cities close to Italy. I can rent a car but would like to avoid it. I'd prefer to rent an apartment but that should be available in all the cases. Any opinions?
Thanks for any tips!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 2 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 3 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 4 2017 Easter in Italy
- 5 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 6 1 or 2 days in Reykjavík
- 7 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 8 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 9 European Travel - Trivia Quiz #151
- 10 Traveling to Croatia w/ infant - tips?
- 11 Itinerary Help - Roadtrip North of Barcelona
- 12 Suggested Italy Itinerary
- 13 Christmas in London; New Year's in Edinburgh
- 14 Help with Ireland Itinerary
- 15 What is best for gps & data for trip to spain and portugal?
- 16 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 17 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 18 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 19 Luggage for train travel in Europe
- 20 Towersey, London
- 21 Croatia transportation question.
- 22 Isles of Scilly - Anyone Been?
- 23 Westerplatte
- 24 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 25 Cutback on Spain trip
2 weeks Itinerary opinion- Vienna or Munich and Italy with a kid