Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
2 Weeks Italy Itinerary - How does it look?
- 1 Hungary and Czech Republic
- 2 To Paris and Provence in June
- 3 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 4 all white pottery shop near La Deniere Goutte Wine Shop
- 5 Bus shuttle from MXP to Milan Centrale Station
- 6 Weekend in Lake Bled?
- 7 Best option for Dollars to Euros for apartment payment"
- 8 Rental Agency Recommendation
- 9 Confirming..."Buy train tickets the day of departure" advice....M/V/Rome
- 10 Venice 3 days Itinerary.
- 11 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 12 London for Christmas
- 13 Scandinavia Itinerary
- 14 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 15 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 16 Location and Lodging in Amsterdam
- 17 Ira Has Been Kidnapped
- 18 Apartments in Rome
- 19 London's Proposed New Airport...
- 20 Please help with this Switzerland/Italy itinerary
- 21 A full week in The Netherlands
- 22 Itinerary Help: Amsterdam-Zurich/Basel-Geneva in 10 days?
- 23 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 24 Cycling and wine-tasting through Italy, Slovenia and Croatia
- 25 Costa del Sol (Spain) versus Cote d Azur (France) ??