Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
2 Weeks Italy Itinerary - How does it look?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Restaurants in Rome near Campo de Fiori or Piazza Navana
- 2 Murren/Wengen in 3 days?
- 3 Fashion for larger man?
- 4 Barclays ATMs in England - fee question
- 5 Day trip from Tallin to Hellsinki
- 6 Suggestions on how best to spend our time in Lyon
- 7 Switzerland itinerary help - 1 week Lauterbrunnen, 1 week ??
- 8 We Need a Pact
- 9 Where to go from Brussels?
- 10 Has anyone visited Tinos?
- 11 Advice Train from Berlin to Prague
- 12 What to wear
- 13 Prague flea markets
- 14 Best places to shop for leather handbags in Florence
- 15 London neighborhood suggestions
- 16 I need a haircut
- 17 Tipping in Greece
- 18 T-Mobile International Roaming in Europe: a Trip Report
- 19 Interesting markets to visit in Paris
- 20 Aberdeen Angus steakhouse
- 21 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 22 Istanbul - Itinerary recommendations
- 23 Travel from Split to Zadar
- 24 Bayern seasonal pass
- 25 Lake Como 3 Stretch and 7 Stretch Ferry Tickets