Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
2 Weeks Italy Itinerary - How does it look?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 2 day break from London: Edinburgh, Dublin, Luxembourg, Paris, York?
- 2 Sardinia, near Olbia
- 3 going to italy
- 4 If you had a week in Switzerland...
- 5 Determing Location of FIRST BIG TRIP - Where do go in Italy?
- 6 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 7 2 full days in Strasbourg - need advise on what tours to take
- 8 Mailing prescription meds to France?
- 9 Good Flamenco in Seville
- 10 Self-driving tips for France
- 11 Stay in Bayeux or Honfleur
- 12 Rioja in one day on way to Basque
- 13 Guesthouses in Dublin
- 14 Beer baths, bears and bespoke cocktails in the Beskydy mountains.
- 15 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 16 Saint Malo or Dinan?
- 17 Playing Basketball in Amsterdam
- 18 Question on trip (Travelling to different countries)
- 19 Getting to Bruges from Antwerp cruise port
- 20 Stay away from EF Tours
- 21 How can I organize my own Language Exchange trip Abroad
- 22 A week in the South of France Sept 2014
- 23 Mozart - Salzburg or Vienna?
- 24 Iceland - Rent Car or take Bus?
- 25 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!