Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Favorite restaurant on Dordogne River
- 2 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 3 5 full days in Rome too much?
- 4 Croatia Itenerary
- 5 Shopping in Paris
- 6 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 7 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 8 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 9 Current Paris vacation rental news...
- 10 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 11 Austria czech republic itinerary
- 12 Rome and Venice in December
- 13 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 14 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 15 Please help with Itinerary draft for 29 days in France
- 16 Safest way to get to Dunkerque from Calais ferry terminal
- 17 Transportation from Budapest to Krakow
- 18 Brussels Airport
- 19 spanish winery region(s)
- 20 Just beginning to plan trip to Croatia
- 21 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 22 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 23 Rome to Sicily/Lipari September fly/boat???
- 24 Amsterdam, Brussels, Where Else?
- 25 Amalfi Coast with Kids- Where to stay?