Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 2 Help with Itineray Central Europe
- 3 Sweden and Finland for 6 days in mid December 2015
- 4 Edinburgh apartment choice, please advise
- 5 where to visit besides Oslo for 2 days 1 night in mid december
- 6 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 7 Restaurant for New Year's Eve in PARIS
- 8 Paris Under Seige...
- 9 Britain Has Over 600 Red Lion Pubs...What is a Red Lion?
- 10 Five day Iceland getaway in rainy November
- 11 The ever-popular Chip and Pin Credit Card
- 12 Is It Better to Book Hotel Direct
- 13 Global Travel Warning...
- 14 What one thing in Paris?
- 15 16 night honeymoon in Spain
- 16 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 17 Giving credit card details to Hotels for reservation
- 18 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 19 Beaches via Public Transportation
- 20 Turkey Gulet Cruises
- 21 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 22 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 23 6 days in Portugal in December
- 24 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 25 Establishing a Realistic Food Budget