Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 the ultimate trip report Barcelona
- 2 UK - Celebrating Thanksgiving?
- 3 Amalfi Coast to Barcelona
- 4 First trip to Italy
- 5 Basque country ideas
- 6 How busy are the Rhine & Mosel River Valleys in early May?
- 7 Travel vs. Babies
- 8 11 days in Portugal in April - thoughts on itinerary please!
- 9 4 days in switzerland
- 10 Help plan trip to Coppenhagen and Stockholm
- 11 Manchester (MAN) vs. Heathrow
- 12 Hikrchick & Hikrguy back from (cool & rainy but) fabulous Paris
- 13 Trip changes- added Paris and Florence!
- 14 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 15 Eastern Provence, French Alps, Nice
- 16 European Cooking Secrets
- 17 Glorious -- 18 days in Sicily
- 18 Super Excited! 3 weeks need your help!
- 19 Almalfi coast late March? Or Piedmont?
- 20 Andalusia, Tangiers, Barcelona?
- 21 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 22 plane or train for quick trip Rome to Venice
- 23 Bruges to Paris Train Questions
- 24 Planning and Logistics Amsterdam, Lakes district and scotland
- 25 Need itinerary suggestions for 7 days in Spain before Christmas Eve