Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
2 Weeks Italy Itinerary - How does it look?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Slovenia itinerary
- 2 Madrid, Andalusia, Lisbon public transport and itinerary suggestions
- 3 Wine tour in Chianti
- 4 Bus ride to Positano
- 5 How long does it take to hike to the bottom of the gorge in Ronda and back?
- 6 Two days in Switzerland, landing in Geneva
- 7 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 8 transport from Central London to Southampton
- 9 Croatia/Bosnia/Slovenia Itinerary Feeback Request
- 10 Amsterdam restaurants
- 11 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 12 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 13 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 14 Greece for a month with a baby
- 15 London to Amsterdam via Overnight Ferry - A Weekend Adventure
- 16 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 17 Andaz Liverpool vs. Marriott Regents Park
- 18 Naughty or Nice beaches in Nice, FR
- 19 5 day Barcelona itineary
- 20 France and Spain in 14 days?
- 21 Pousadas
- 22 Portugal or Croatia, which would you choose?
- 23 Netherlands-Belgium-Northern France Itinerary Help
- 24 Hoping to stay cool this summer - any comments on my northern itinerary?
- 25 taking kids to france for first time next summer-help!