Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
2 Weeks Italy Itinerary - How does it look?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus Service Between Spoleto and Norcia
- 2 France,Spain,Italy
- 3 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 4 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 5 All Set To Go!!
- 6 Scotland November 2015
- 7 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 8 Accommodations in or near Brussels with parking
- 9 Since Paris is ALWAYS good idea
- 10 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 11 Which european city?
- 12 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 13 Portugal Trip
- 14 What to do and what to see in Moscow in February?
- 15 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 16 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 17 2 weeks Bavaria - December 2015
- 18 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 19 Adventures in Italy with Momma
- 20 Rail tickets Question: Dusseldorf, Amsterdam, Antwerp
- 21 Hotel or B&B Recommendations for Chamonix, Lyon & Paris
- 22 Five Nights in Budapest: A Quick Winter Getaway
- 23 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 24 Good time to visit Russia and Norway because of currency crash ?
- 25 Schengen Visa Rules