Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
2 Weeks Italy Itinerary - How does it look?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Travel from Positano to Rome in Sept
- 2 Getting cash in Spain
- 3 Outerwear France Beginning of September
- 4 Help with extended vacation / move to Italy with little ones …
- 5 Cotswolds village base
- 6 Need advice on Northern Spain itinerary
- 7 Cheap Traveling in Spain
- 8 First Time Going to Europe
- 9 Two bedroom apt in Venice?
- 10 Two Bonnie Lasses: A Road Trip from Edinburgh to London
- 11 How many bus/metro rides in Paris is too many in a day?
- 12 Looking for review of 1-day Pompeii/Naples Itinerary Please
- 13 Traveling mid-august in UK and Ireland
- 14 Italy Itinerary help - leaving in <2 weeks
- 15 Moscow AND St Petersburg
- 16 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 17 International driving permit required in France?
- 18 How long in Venice?
- 19 POLAND October,2013! Overdue trip report
- 20 Hotel in Rome?
- 21 Trip report: Milan and Lake Como
- 22 Parisbestlodge Fleur de Lys apt
- 23 Traditional food in Athens
- 24 No Time for Both...so...Segovia or Salamanca
- 25 Greek Ferries in October - Q's