Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
2 Weeks Italy Itinerary - How does it look?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 2 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 3 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 4 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old
- 5 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 6 Finding a hotel/resort on the Costa del Sol with an indoor pool
- 7 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 8 Travel with Teens
- 9 Barcelona and Costa del Sol
- 10 Paris Restaurants in the 7th
- 11 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 12 Recommendations for good driving routes for lavender fields in Provence
- 13 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 14 Reims for a day
- 15 Airfare for summer travel to Europe
- 16 I think this is a scam!
- 17 Restaurant with a view - Florence
- 18 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 19 Best Time of Day and Vantage Point for Seven Sisters
- 20 Weather in Andalusia and Barcelona?
- 21 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 22 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 23 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 24 Rental car companies in Denizli & Antalya
- 25 Vienna - stay near train station or Innere Stadt?