Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
2 Weeks Italy Itinerary - How does it look?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BUY Fake Passport, Drivers License, ID Cards(Regular and Biometric)
- 2 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 3 Europe (London/Berlin/Venice) Last MinutepPractical/Ordinary
- 4 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 5 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 6 Suggestions needed for our first visit to Athens without speaking Greek
- 7 Vacation Rental in Venice
- 8 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15
- 9 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 10 Sweden, Denmark, Norway
- 11 Fiumicino City Bus Stop Location
- 12 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 13 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 14 Notes on Amsterdam, Bruges & Paris - Sept 8-28, 2014
- 15 Five nights in Extremadura
- 16 Five-Star Trip on a Three-Star Budget
- 17 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 18 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 19 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 20 travel from Malaga to Rhonda Spain
- 21 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 22 Belarus closes borders with Ukraine - EBOLA alert!
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 need help with a european/UK winter travel itinerary (3 weeks)
- 25 Roaming Romania, Take Two