Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Have I made a mistake in my apartment choice in Paris?
- 2 Beautiful Engadin is suffering
- 3 Where to stay between Galway & Killarney
- 4 Fabulous Greece-Santorini, Naxos and Athens
- 5 Any recent visitors to Aran Sweater Market Inis Mor Island, Ireland?
- 6 Stonehenge from London: how to arrange private tour?
- 7 short trip klon to koblenz
- 8 My northern Italy itinerary - your comments are appreciated!
- 9 Referendum in Greece
- 10 Is my itinerary the Best of Switzerland?
- 11 What company to rent a AUTOMATIC car in France?
- 12 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 13 Pegontheroad in eastern Europe
- 14 Where to go in Southern Italy in December?
- 15 Amalfi Coast restaurants...are dinner reservations a must?
- 16 Vienna Pass for 5 Days
- 17 Bath or Exeter
- 18 Just Us 2 Wedding and 2 Wks in Europe. We need help planning please!
- 19 Lost in venice
- 20 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 21 Interesting new site in Utrecht
- 22 air conditioning
- 23 railfrom amstedam to reims fr
- 24 First EuroTrip decision/planning help
- 25 Backpacking Europe with my Bestfriend (18yo f)