Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
2 Weeks Italy Itinerary - How does it look?
- 1 Unique excursion/experience in Paris
- 2 Three for the road
- 3 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 4 Turkey Experts: Need Itinerary help - mostly with order of trip
- 5 Berlin
- 6 Need advice Best European city for New Year celebration
- 7 Scotland this summer - some initial planning questions
- 8 A still, a hooker and a Dodo bird. Paris and Oberkirch.
- 9 Where to stop on Italy's west coast
- 10 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 11 Alps/countryside off the beaten path suggestion - daytrip near Zurich
- 12 "It Will Rain Tomorrow." England Weathers The MaiTai Four.
- 13 Two weeks in Northern Italy - what do you think of our outline?
- 14 How early to get to CDG
- 15 Venice in Jan
- 16 Trip Report - Fringe Movements
- 17 Barcelona: Sagrada Familia: which tower to go up?
- 18 Naples report - including staying in the centro storico
- 19 Belgium/Holland or Germany: Please help!
- 20 Banking for semester in London; what to do US students do?
- 21 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 22 "The Roman Guy" for tours?
- 23 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris
- 24 Eurostar/Raileurope Advance Booking
- 25 Prague Main Train Station