Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
2 Weeks Italy Itinerary - How does it look?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Chip + Pin Credit Card
- 2 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 3 South of France
- 4 Help me plan a Trip
- 5 Amalfi Coast town to stay in?
- 6 What else should I know about Priceline bidding for London?
- 7 Are there any deals to London or big cities in Europe?
- 8 Bavarian Accommodations - Need Your Assistance
- 9 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 10 England, Paris itinerary help
- 11 South of Spain in late September - cities/areas?
- 12 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 13 Germany for 3 weeks
- 14 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 15 Travel itinery for a family of 4.
- 16 Panarea lodging decision--need expert advice
- 17 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 18 Sardinia Advice
- 19 Provence planning
- 20 Making reservations in Italy
- 21 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 22 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 23 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)
- 24 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)
- 25 Dublin Layover Suggestions