Planned our first trip to Italy (thanks to great advises I received from another post here) and would like to get suggestions from you dear travelers...
Here is the day by day itinerary (not too detail yet):
9/8 Arrive Venice afternoon (coming from Los Angeles)
9/11 AM train to Lucca arriving by 1:30pm. Check in to a hotel or B&B. See Lucca for the remaining of the day.
9/12 Day trip to Florence via Train
9/13 Day trip to Pisa and Cinque Terre via train
9/14 Check out from hotel AM and rent a car to drive to Montepulciano. This will be our base in South Tuscany
9/15 Val D'Orcia & Montalcino and maybe Cortona
9/16 Orvieto, Umbria
9/17 relax, drive on scenic routes etc
9/18 AM check out from the hotel and drive or train or both to Amalfi Coast. Check in at a hotel in Positano
9/19 Amalfi Coast
9/20 Amalfi Coast
9/21 AM train to Rome
9/23 AM flight back home
I know it might sound a little too much for the time we have, but we like to see as much as possible and don't mind if we don't just sit and relax (which we will probably be regretting once we are back from the trip
Any suggestions or comments? We like to hear from experience travelers or people from Italy. Thank you!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy, Spain and France
- 2 2 hrs from landing in FCO to FCO direct to Florence
- 3 My summer in Paris
- 4 Looking to avoid big events on trip to Amsterdam, Lucerne, Salz. and Prague
- 5 November in Vienna and ??? : Questions
- 6 Do I need a debit/PiIN card in England?
- 7 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 8 Four days in Amsterdam- What to Do?!
- 9 Iceland 2 week trip itinerary/report
- 10 The Road to Ruins - 25 Days in Istanbul & Road Tripping thru Western Turkey
- 11 Tuscany Chianti area - agriturismo or apt - what's your favorite?
- 12 Vaux le Vicomte and Fontainebleau
- 13 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 14 Chip and pin credit card 2015 question
- 15 I have 10 days to spend in Italy! Advice needed!
- 16 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 17 Schegen Question- Leaving w/Visa and Reentry as Tourist
- 18 Bernese Oberland or Engadin
- 19 Absolute best neighborhood to stay in for first time in Istanbul?
- 20 Montpellier - A few questions
- 21 Advice on best area to stay in Barcelona
- 22 Andalucia Itinerary
- 23 Trains to and from Granada
- 24 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 25 Checking email