I am planning to visit my daughter age 21, who is attending Univ of London for 2 weeks on a budget of $1200 for 13 days. I need guidance on taking trains: do I buy the Brit rail pass in the US? We'll be staying in her flat when in London, but would like to see some of the countryside. Chilshire? Bath? Stonehedge? Hope to see a play, how do I find good tickets, yet not too expensive, to either Wicked, Book of Mormon or Phantom of the Opera. How to see the lights of London during the holiday other than random walk abouts. I am anticipating cold, wet dark days,but am excited about sharing this time with my daughter, Ideas on an itineray would be most helpful. We are outdoor folks and I had thought about going to the Lake District or Snowdon (sp?) but understand that it would be cold and wet and poor views at this time of year. Your ideas and suggestions would be most welcome
2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 2 Summarizing my Renfe train ticket before purchase for Madrid to Cordoba
- 3 Hotel or Apartment Hotel for 2 adults + 2 children (7 and 12)
- 4 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 5 train to Vernon France
- 6 Rental Car Reservation via Ireland site or American site?
- 7 A drive in Europe
- 8 Florence to Siena May 1st
- 9 Non touristy restaurants in Budapest and prague
- 10 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 11 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 12 Anyone stayed in Podere Spedalone?
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 15 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 16 Will I be able to add minutes to the phone I bought in Spain 3 years ago?
- 17 Honeymoon Destinations for December 2014
- 18 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 19 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 20 please help with itinerary in sicily
- 21 Car rental at Southampton cruise terminal
- 22 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 nearby cities to london
- 25 Hotel in Venice