I am planning to visit my daughter age 21, who is attending Univ of London for 2 weeks on a budget of $1200 for 13 days. I need guidance on taking trains: do I buy the Brit rail pass in the US? We'll be staying in her flat when in London, but would like to see some of the countryside. Chilshire? Bath? Stonehedge? Hope to see a play, how do I find good tickets, yet not too expensive, to either Wicked, Book of Mormon or Phantom of the Opera. How to see the lights of London during the holiday other than random walk abouts. I am anticipating cold, wet dark days,but am excited about sharing this time with my daughter, Ideas on an itineray would be most helpful. We are outdoor folks and I had thought about going to the Lake District or Snowdon (sp?) but understand that it would be cold and wet and poor views at this time of year. Your ideas and suggestions would be most welcome
2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Santorini accomodations and more for a couple and baby
- 2 One week in Ireland itinerary
- 3 There Nights in Venice - Lodging, Tour, Places, Language
- 4 Spain Trip Ideas -Critique Welcome
- 5 Venice - visiting the Arsenal.
- 6 wineries near Ronda
- 7 One Town on the Amalfi Coast
- 8 Mid 20's first time in Paris - where to stay?!
- 9 travel to western Europe from India
- 10 Fun, free language website
- 11 Valencia and Baleric Islands Itinerary suggestions for May travel
- 12 Thello Train Ticket - Oct 11 - Paris to Venice - "temporarily closed"
- 13 Amalfi Coast vs Greece
- 14 I give up!!! Need some itinerary help please!!
- 15 weather and clothes in Paris Aug 2-8
- 16 Stay away from EF Tours
- 17 I'm in a funk
- 18 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 19 Middle Aged Regular American Guy Review of the Amalfi Coast
- 20 IRELAND - the driving is great: east to west, south to north!
- 21 Speeding ticket in Germany: how do I handle this?
- 22 Dress Code for the Vatican
- 23 Bike touring in France
- 24 Does this sound feasible?
- 25 Anyone familiar with Villa Treville?