I am planning to visit my daughter age 21, who is attending Univ of London for 2 weeks on a budget of $1200 for 13 days. I need guidance on taking trains: do I buy the Brit rail pass in the US? We'll be staying in her flat when in London, but would like to see some of the countryside. Chilshire? Bath? Stonehedge? Hope to see a play, how do I find good tickets, yet not too expensive, to either Wicked, Book of Mormon or Phantom of the Opera. How to see the lights of London during the holiday other than random walk abouts. I am anticipating cold, wet dark days,but am excited about sharing this time with my daughter, Ideas on an itineray would be most helpful. We are outdoor folks and I had thought about going to the Lake District or Snowdon (sp?) but understand that it would be cold and wet and poor views at this time of year. Your ideas and suggestions would be most welcome
2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 SmartPhone Europe to USA
- 2 Stay near Paris
- 3 Monet in Normandy
- 4 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 5 Cooking classes in Belgium
- 6 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 7 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 8 Koper to Trieste
- 9 Trieste and Koper
- 10 What still confounds you about travel?
- 11 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 12 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 13 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 14 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 15 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 16 Pronunciation
- 17 Dublin Tour Companies
- 18 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 21 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 22 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 23 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 24 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 25 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!