I am attempting to put together an itinerary for Spain for March. So far, this is what I have:
Madrid – 4 days (includes a day trip to Toledo or Segovia)
Seville – 2 days (Will probably stop in Cordoba for a few hours enroute from Madrid)
Tarifa – 2.5 days (primarily for day trip to Morocco)
Granada – 2.5 days
Paris/London -2.5 days Not sure which, but I will flying into and out of one of them. There are significant cost savings attached, even after accounting for lost time. So, while I have been to both before, I am thinking I might spend a couple of days at whichever one I end up flying out of.
My primary challenge at the moment is that this is one day too many, but at this point I am also unsure if I have budgeted my time wisely.
A few notes:
1. I have been to Spain previously. In particular, I have been to Pamplona, Burgos, Leon and Santiago de Compestela (I walked the Camino a few years ago). I also have been to Barcelona.
2. By days, I mean whole days – I wake up and go to sleep in the same place. The half days are arrival days after travelling between places.
3. My primary interests are history, architecture and art (mostly pre-Modern).
4. The only things that are set in stone are Granada and the day-trip to Morocco. While I think the basics of the itinerary seem ok, I can probably be persuaded to change some things. (wouldn’t be much point in posting otherwise )
5. I will not have a car
Anyway, I would interested in any suggestions people might have. If I were to, say, drop the days in London/Paris and cut a day from Tarifa, what would be good use of those days? Is there anywhere else in the general area that you think I should prioritize?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 days each in London and Paris
- 2 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 3 To drive a rental around the Amalfi Coast or just use public transport....
- 4 A few more questions about Brittany
- 5 Neuschwanstein Castle and Munich
- 6 Madrid & Andalusia in 6 days??
- 7 Positano or Sorrento?
- 8 Paris in November
- 9 Edinburgh's Fringe Festival...A Most Unique and Eclectic Event!
- 10 Dollars exchange to pounds
- 11 Where to stay in London, Amsterdam and Paris?
- 12 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 13 11 Days in Ireland w few hotel changes
- 14 London Theater
- 15 Tours vs solo travel (want to see as much as possible in 3-4 months)
- 16 Uber in Rome & Lisbon
- 17 Travelogue of our trip to Southern Italy
- 18 Mallorca: Hotel in/near Palma?
- 19 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 20 Drive from Lake Como to Venice
- 21 Ischia Earthquake/mobile wifi
- 22 Help: Looking for Streetwise Venice folding map
- 23 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 24 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 25 Switzerland in September