I am attempting to put together an itinerary for Spain for March. So far, this is what I have:
Madrid – 4 days (includes a day trip to Toledo or Segovia)
Seville – 2 days (Will probably stop in Cordoba for a few hours enroute from Madrid)
Tarifa – 2.5 days (primarily for day trip to Morocco)
Granada – 2.5 days
Paris/London -2.5 days Not sure which, but I will flying into and out of one of them. There are significant cost savings attached, even after accounting for lost time. So, while I have been to both before, I am thinking I might spend a couple of days at whichever one I end up flying out of.
My primary challenge at the moment is that this is one day too many, but at this point I am also unsure if I have budgeted my time wisely.
A few notes:
1. I have been to Spain previously. In particular, I have been to Pamplona, Burgos, Leon and Santiago de Compestela (I walked the Camino a few years ago). I also have been to Barcelona.
2. By days, I mean whole days – I wake up and go to sleep in the same place. The half days are arrival days after travelling between places.
3. My primary interests are history, architecture and art (mostly pre-Modern).
4. The only things that are set in stone are Granada and the day-trip to Morocco. While I think the basics of the itinerary seem ok, I can probably be persuaded to change some things. (wouldn’t be much point in posting otherwise )
5. I will not have a car
Anyway, I would interested in any suggestions people might have. If I were to, say, drop the days in London/Paris and cut a day from Tarifa, what would be good use of those days? Is there anywhere else in the general area that you think I should prioritize?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 2 driving from prague to salzburg
- 3 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 4 Acropolis Athens
- 5 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 8 Versailles
- 9 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 10 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 11 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 12 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 13 dining on the 25th in Dublin
- 14 Rare Curiosity-Piquing Photos From Rome + Thank You
- 15 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 16 Meteora for older folk
- 17 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 18 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 19 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 20 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 21 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 22 Swiss Half Fare Card
- 23 Germany train help!
- 24 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 25 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??