My husband and I are planning our first trip to Spain and/or Portugal in late May/early June. We have heard amazing things about Barcelona and Porto in particular from friends with similar interests and would love to visit both, but realize that with only 2 weeks time may be a bit tight.
I have been doing some reading through the forums and have been a bit overwhelmed with all the different possibilities - I was hoping to get some guidance on which areas to hit in our trip so that we can do some more focused research! My husband has already been to Malaga before so is not too keen to go again, but otherwise we are open to other ideas. Barcelona is a must, and from what I hear for first-timers so is Madrid - but from there we are unsure whether to just focus in Spain and try for 3-4 cities in 2 weeks, or maybe just Barcelona and another city in Spain and then go straight on to Lisbon and Porto. Is the travel time worth it? Are the areas very similar, dissimilar in feel? We have been reading so many different opinions it's hard to narrow things down!
We are a young couple that really enjoy food and wine, walking, some museums and architecture, and a bustling nightlife. We would love to visit some wineries/wine regions somewhere in the trip. Would also love to do at least one nice hike. We do enjoy city life and think that we would like to start and end our trip in the city, but in the middle think we would like some relaxation and downtime on a beach, and/or quaint towns and nature.
We really appreciate any input! Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 US: YAHOO Tec*h SUPP0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:888:482:3831 YAHOO MAIL 24*7
- 2 London 6 day itinerary
- 3 London Hotel - Different Request
- 4 Paris then Italy? Or Greece?
- 5 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 6 Tuscany wedding venues for 2
- 7 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 8 Iceland trip report!
- 9 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 10 Rome-Switzerland-Paris-Rome 2 week trip
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 13 Very British Neighborhood in London
- 14 6 day trip to Italy... Venice to rome
- 15 Favourite Alpine and Mediterranean place?
- 16 Seville to Cordoba
- 17 3 nights in Madrid
- 18 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 19 What route for Reykjanes Peninsula?
- 20 Nightlife in Rome (Alone)
- 21 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 22 paris hotel easy commute to Palais de Congres
- 23 Keira-Caitlyn Travels to Turkey...adventures in Istanbul and Ephesus
- 24 Trip to Switzerland
- 25 Our recent CDG experience (Delta)