My husband and I are planning our first trip to Spain and/or Portugal in late May/early June. We have heard amazing things about Barcelona and Porto in particular from friends with similar interests and would love to visit both, but realize that with only 2 weeks time may be a bit tight.
I have been doing some reading through the forums and have been a bit overwhelmed with all the different possibilities - I was hoping to get some guidance on which areas to hit in our trip so that we can do some more focused research! My husband has already been to Malaga before so is not too keen to go again, but otherwise we are open to other ideas. Barcelona is a must, and from what I hear for first-timers so is Madrid - but from there we are unsure whether to just focus in Spain and try for 3-4 cities in 2 weeks, or maybe just Barcelona and another city in Spain and then go straight on to Lisbon and Porto. Is the travel time worth it? Are the areas very similar, dissimilar in feel? We have been reading so many different opinions it's hard to narrow things down!
We are a young couple that really enjoy food and wine, walking, some museums and architecture, and a bustling nightlife. We would love to visit some wineries/wine regions somewhere in the trip. Would also love to do at least one nice hike. We do enjoy city life and think that we would like to start and end our trip in the city, but in the middle think we would like some relaxation and downtime on a beach, and/or quaint towns and nature.
We really appreciate any input! Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 파워볼 중계 ※연결 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 2 파워볼 중계 ※연결 : pwn22.com●가입코드:ctx20▶kakao:ctx2012
- 3 Christmas in Spain
- 4 Germany-Car or Train
- 5 Brussels flower tapestry
- 6 Italy Itinerary Gap to Fill - Alternate Suggestions
- 7 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 8 Lake Como,Italy
- 9 21, 18 and 6 year old trip to Europe
- 10 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 11 Valencia Spain
- 12 Language to use in Belgium
- 13 Moderately priced French restaurants in Paris: an update
- 14 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 15 Visiting Zurich
- 16 Cape Sounion en route to Airport?
- 17 Places to visit from Zurich
- 18 SURPRISE TRIP
- 19 8 days in Ireland -- where to go??!!
- 20 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 21 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 22 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 23 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 24 Weather and clothes in Sakzkammergut in August
- 25 Champs Elysee: worth an afternoon or too tacky?