My husband and I are planning our first trip to Spain and/or Portugal in late May/early June. We have heard amazing things about Barcelona and Porto in particular from friends with similar interests and would love to visit both, but realize that with only 2 weeks time may be a bit tight.
I have been doing some reading through the forums and have been a bit overwhelmed with all the different possibilities - I was hoping to get some guidance on which areas to hit in our trip so that we can do some more focused research! My husband has already been to Malaga before so is not too keen to go again, but otherwise we are open to other ideas. Barcelona is a must, and from what I hear for first-timers so is Madrid - but from there we are unsure whether to just focus in Spain and try for 3-4 cities in 2 weeks, or maybe just Barcelona and another city in Spain and then go straight on to Lisbon and Porto. Is the travel time worth it? Are the areas very similar, dissimilar in feel? We have been reading so many different opinions it's hard to narrow things down!
We are a young couple that really enjoy food and wine, walking, some museums and architecture, and a bustling nightlife. We would love to visit some wineries/wine regions somewhere in the trip. Would also love to do at least one nice hike. We do enjoy city life and think that we would like to start and end our trip in the city, but in the middle think we would like some relaxation and downtime on a beach, and/or quaint towns and nature.
We really appreciate any input! Thanks in advance
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada in April; add Malaga?
- 2 One free day in Barcelona
- 3 Bordeaux: north side parking, then public transport to the center?
- 4 Greek Village
- 5 Rome to Venice
- 6 La Coruna or Santiago or both?
- 7 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 8 Selecting the right Travel Pass (or not at all)
- 9 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 10 PARIS
- 11 Can you tell me about using "The Fork" for reserving and savings?
- 12 Possible French strike on 9/21
- 13 Which 2 locations on Amalfi Coast?
- 14 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 15 Sicily help
- 16 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 17 A quick visit to Hampton Court
- 18 Rome -- The next time around
- 19 Hotels in Turin
- 20 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 21 Alitala
- 22 Bordeaux to Nice
- 23 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 24 "Too Much Cows"
- 25 Austrian Train Purchase from US