I planning on visiting Slovenia for 2 weeks. Now I won't be flying to Slovenia, I will fly to Vienna and take a train from there to Slovenia. I will not be renting any cars, but will be making use of trains and public bus. Do you think I can do this: 4 nights Maribor, 4 nights Lake Bled and 6 nights Ljubljana? I will depart by plane from Ljubljana, so that should be my end base. Any idea how I can may be work it out to get a good feel of it? Are there any good day trips from the mentioned bases that I can do using trains / buses, that won't take long to reach...max 1.5hrs each way.
What do you think?
2 weeks in Slovenia
- 1 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 2 Albania for Beginners
- 3 A full week in The Netherlands
- 4 French café offers discounts to customers who remember their "Bonjour"
- 5 Ryan Air
- 6 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 7 First time Golfing in Ireland
- 8 Our 'trip of a lifetime'in Europe - trip report
- 9 Chambermaid tipping
- 10 November Solo Madness in Ireland 2013!
- 11 Has Anyone Used Rome Sweet Home?
- 12 5 days in Granada - Seville?
- 13 10 Summer days in Spain: Barcelona alone or Madrid too?
- 14 London Theater/re: "Pure Nonsense"? or what?
- 15 17 Days Route from Amsterdam to Zurich
- 16 London for Christmas
- 17 Russian Tour Operators for Independent Travelers
- 18 Istanbul hotels
- 19 1st time to Italy...Cinque Terre, Florence and which Tuscan hill town?
- 20 Budget (or at least Somewhat Inexpensive) Lodging in Bologna
- 21 south eastern europe by train and walking
- 22 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 23 Family European winter holiday
- 24 TROMSO - 70 years old
- 25 Gate 1 9 day Enchanted Italy