Here is our preliminary plan, pending you expert advice Two 60ish couples fly to Milan, work our way by car Southwest towards Asti for about three nights, then towards Bologna for about three nights and then rent a villa or such in Tuscany for about a week (visit Florence) and fly back home (to NY) from Pisa. We hope to see the local culture, enjoy the cuisine and wine, and relax a bit. Regrettably we must do it in late July, early August
Thinking of some day cuisine oriented tours, especially for the first half and then enjoy the charms of Tuscany.
Feedback, suggestions and any other thoughts all much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Scotland - Highlands in May or June?
- 2 Europe's Most Iconic Sights...???????
- 3 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 4 driving the coastline of Croatia
- 5 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 6 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 7 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 8 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 9 Driving from Alesund to Geiranger
- 10 Planning a European Trip
- 11 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 12 Hotels in Kamari or Perissa/Perivolos Beaches - Santorini
- 13 Notes on Venice, Bassano del Grappa, Garda, Cremona & Milan (Sept 2016)
- 14 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 15 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 16 Italy for Christmas Week
- 17 train or plane
- 18 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 19 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 20 Norway Itinerary
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 23 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 24 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 25 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
2 weeks in North/Central Italy looking for good food, wine, culture, etc.