Here is our preliminary plan, pending you expert advice Two 60ish couples fly to Milan, work our way by car Southwest towards Asti for about three nights, then towards Bologna for about three nights and then rent a villa or such in Tuscany for about a week (visit Florence) and fly back home (to NY) from Pisa. We hope to see the local culture, enjoy the cuisine and wine, and relax a bit. Regrettably we must do it in late July, early August
Thinking of some day cuisine oriented tours, especially for the first half and then enjoy the charms of Tuscany.
Feedback, suggestions and any other thoughts all much appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 2 Week Europe Itinerary
- 4 Train travel to and from Paris
- 5 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 6 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 7 Schengen question....confirmation needed
- 8 3 weeks in Scotland and Germany?
- 9 When to purchase high speed train tickets?
- 10 Traveling in Belgium
- 11 International Drivers License for Sicily
- 12 Cab cost from Tegel/ Germany/ to Charlottenstrasse
- 13 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 14 Whistle stop family road trip
- 15 Ischia-Thermal Pools
- 16 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 17 Really true that US passport needs 6 months left to enter Schengen zone?
- 18 Pisa/Florence and Naples/Pompeii questions
- 19 Cascais Day Trip - Sunday or Monday?
- 20 Wine Shipping from Puglia
- 21 Getting around London
- 22 Children's seat on Nextbike in Wachau Valley?
- 23 Valencia Spain
- 24 Language to use in Belgium
- 25 Paris in August
2 weeks in North/Central Italy looking for good food, wine, culture, etc.