We are from India and will be visiting Italy (for the 1st time) in April 2012.
Our objective is to enjoy the food and visit multiple places to soak Italy's rich heritage of Arts and history. We are planning to spend 15 nights in Italy and with current Itinerary plan to touch 10 places in Italy. We fly into Rome and fly out of Italy from Milan
Want to briefly share our plans and get answers to few specific questions:
Rome: 4 Days (3 days local sightseeing + 1 day trip to country side)
Florence: 6 Days (2 days local sightseeing+ 1X4 day trips to Pisa, Bologna, Perugia, Siena)
Venice: 3 Days (2 days local sightseeing + 1 day trip to Verona)
Milan: 2 Days (1 day local sightseeing + 1 day trip to Lake Como)
As per itinerary in addition to 4 most famous places (Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan) we are also touching 6 towns in day trips (Pisa, Bologna, Perugia, Siena, Verona, Como). We realize that so many trips will be hectic but we are ready for it if the places are worth not missing.
Question 1: We were also planning to cover Lucca but dropped it as it meant reducing Local sightseeing days in either Rome/Florence/Venice.
However want to check if one should prefer Lucca as a day trip destination over any of our 6 other day trips?
Question 2: We have currently accounted for 2 days for local sightseeing in Venice. We like the idea of spending 1 more day in Venice but this would mean removing 1 day drip destination - want advice if we should do 1 more day in Venice and if yes, which town to drop from day trip options
Question 3: Since we will be returning every night from day trips, any of these places which have limited connectivity back to Florence/Venice after 9 PM?
Question 4: How will you rank the following places (if one must)- Pisa, Lucca, Bologna, Verona, Perugia, Siena, Lake Como)
Will really appreciate your views!
Thanks for reading-Cheers!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Has anyone used Travelex as a debit card in Italy?
- 2 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 3 Swiss Burial/Grave Customs - ?
- 4 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 5 Budget friendly restaurants in Rome
- 6 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 7 Italy June 2016 - Attire?
- 8 Teens in Paris..what to wear
- 9 Quick 13 day Italy trip
- 10 Have You Ever Been Robbed in Europe?
- 11 So glad we went to Greece (and London always)
- 12 If your question is "Is This Trip Crazy?"
- 13 Shopping in Paris
- 14 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 15 Regensburg then the mountains - Garmish-Partenkirchen this time?
- 16 Plitvice Lakes - is it worth it for a short visit?
- 17 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 18 Harry Potter WB Studio entrance time - London
- 19 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 20 Switzerland in 8 days
- 21 The unrequested appetizers in Portugal
- 22 Four people, three countries, two weeks
- 23 planning confusion
- 24 Croatia Itenerary
- 25 Need help with logistics for visit to Dordogne area, please.