We are from India and will be visiting Italy (for the 1st time) in April 2012.
Our objective is to enjoy the food and visit multiple places to soak Italy's rich heritage of Arts and history. We are planning to spend 15 nights in Italy and with current Itinerary plan to touch 10 places in Italy. We fly into Rome and fly out of Italy from Milan
Want to briefly share our plans and get answers to few specific questions:
Rome: 4 Days (3 days local sightseeing + 1 day trip to country side)
Florence: 6 Days (2 days local sightseeing+ 1X4 day trips to Pisa, Bologna, Perugia, Siena)
Venice: 3 Days (2 days local sightseeing + 1 day trip to Verona)
Milan: 2 Days (1 day local sightseeing + 1 day trip to Lake Como)
As per itinerary in addition to 4 most famous places (Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan) we are also touching 6 towns in day trips (Pisa, Bologna, Perugia, Siena, Verona, Como). We realize that so many trips will be hectic but we are ready for it if the places are worth not missing.
Question 1: We were also planning to cover Lucca but dropped it as it meant reducing Local sightseeing days in either Rome/Florence/Venice.
However want to check if one should prefer Lucca as a day trip destination over any of our 6 other day trips?
Question 2: We have currently accounted for 2 days for local sightseeing in Venice. We like the idea of spending 1 more day in Venice but this would mean removing 1 day drip destination - want advice if we should do 1 more day in Venice and if yes, which town to drop from day trip options
Question 3: Since we will be returning every night from day trips, any of these places which have limited connectivity back to Florence/Venice after 9 PM?
Question 4: How will you rank the following places (if one must)- Pisa, Lucca, Bologna, Verona, Perugia, Siena, Lake Como)
Will really appreciate your views!
Thanks for reading-Cheers!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 http://newsupplements2017.com/neurofuse-enhance/
- 2 Norway fjord
- 3 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 4 Need help completing my itinerary. So Much to see!
- 5 7 days in Greece
- 6 Italy
- 7 Major Ed van der Elsken show in Stedelijk Museum
- 8 Our (Somewhat) Laid Back Tour of Old Fave Stops in Italy
- 9 16-17 days in Western Europe
- 10 Navigating England's Coast to Coast walk
- 11 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 12 Amsterdam Trip Report
- 13 Budapest, Vienna, Salzburg, Munich
- 14 Tuscan Country Side v Florence apartments with Child
- 15 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 16 Praiana to Positano
- 17 Layover, not get on connecting flight
- 18 yk's 12 days in Spain by herself Trip Report
- 19 Another Book List for Italy
- 20 8-9 day Paris-Amsterdam-Rome
- 21 Paris or Edinburgh - 3 days which to choose?
- 22 18-19 day Budapest -Croatia itinerary
- 23 3 weeks in Italy and France with 2 kids.
- 24 Itinerary Help for Portugal
- 25 Venice