We are from India and will be visiting Italy (for the 1st time) in April 2012.
Our objective is to enjoy the food and visit multiple places to soak Italy's rich heritage of Arts and history. We are planning to spend 15 nights in Italy and with current Itinerary plan to touch 10 places in Italy. We fly into Rome and fly out of Italy from Milan
Want to briefly share our plans and get answers to few specific questions:
Rome: 4 Days (3 days local sightseeing + 1 day trip to country side)
Florence: 6 Days (2 days local sightseeing+ 1X4 day trips to Pisa, Bologna, Perugia, Siena)
Venice: 3 Days (2 days local sightseeing + 1 day trip to Verona)
Milan: 2 Days (1 day local sightseeing + 1 day trip to Lake Como)
As per itinerary in addition to 4 most famous places (Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan) we are also touching 6 towns in day trips (Pisa, Bologna, Perugia, Siena, Verona, Como). We realize that so many trips will be hectic but we are ready for it if the places are worth not missing.
Question 1: We were also planning to cover Lucca but dropped it as it meant reducing Local sightseeing days in either Rome/Florence/Venice.
However want to check if one should prefer Lucca as a day trip destination over any of our 6 other day trips?
Question 2: We have currently accounted for 2 days for local sightseeing in Venice. We like the idea of spending 1 more day in Venice but this would mean removing 1 day drip destination - want advice if we should do 1 more day in Venice and if yes, which town to drop from day trip options
Question 3: Since we will be returning every night from day trips, any of these places which have limited connectivity back to Florence/Venice after 9 PM?
Question 4: How will you rank the following places (if one must)- Pisa, Lucca, Bologna, Verona, Perugia, Siena, Lake Como)
Will really appreciate your views!
Thanks for reading-Cheers!!
2 weeks in Italy: Need views on Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy and Croatia 28 days
- 2 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 3 accommodation woes - Sicily
- 4 Vienne or Lyon and then onward to Nice
- 5 OUR BIG ADVENTURE...2 WEEKS and counting
- 6 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 7 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 8 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 9 TGV from Charles de Gaulle airport to Avignon
- 10 best beaches on the costa del sol
- 11 Travel with Teens
- 12 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 13 Vatican - Wednesday General Audience
- 14 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 15 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 16 Snowboarding in Poland
- 17 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 18 Month Itinerary England, France, Germany, Italy does this work?
- 19 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 20 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary
- 21 Apartment in Rome - location opinions please
- 22 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 23 One Week in Costa del Sol with a rental car. Ideas for Day Trips???
- 24 15-days in Turkey with 15-month old, Istanbul and..?
- 25 Netherlands holiday with a 2.5 year old