We are from India and will be visiting Italy (for the 1st time) in April 2012.
Our objective is to enjoy the food and visit multiple places to soak Italy's rich heritage of Arts and history. We are planning to spend 15 nights in Italy and with current Itinerary plan to touch 10 places in Italy. We fly into Rome and fly out of Italy from Milan
Want to briefly share our plans and get answers to few specific questions:
Rome: 4 Days (3 days local sightseeing + 1 day trip to country side)
Florence: 6 Days (2 days local sightseeing+ 1X4 day trips to Pisa, Bologna, Perugia, Siena)
Venice: 3 Days (2 days local sightseeing + 1 day trip to Verona)
Milan: 2 Days (1 day local sightseeing + 1 day trip to Lake Como)
As per itinerary in addition to 4 most famous places (Rome, Florence, Venice, Milan) we are also touching 6 towns in day trips (Pisa, Bologna, Perugia, Siena, Verona, Como). We realize that so many trips will be hectic but we are ready for it if the places are worth not missing.
Question 1: We were also planning to cover Lucca but dropped it as it meant reducing Local sightseeing days in either Rome/Florence/Venice.
However want to check if one should prefer Lucca as a day trip destination over any of our 6 other day trips?
Question 2: We have currently accounted for 2 days for local sightseeing in Venice. We like the idea of spending 1 more day in Venice but this would mean removing 1 day drip destination - want advice if we should do 1 more day in Venice and if yes, which town to drop from day trip options
Question 3: Since we will be returning every night from day trips, any of these places which have limited connectivity back to Florence/Venice after 9 PM?
Question 4: How will you rank the following places (if one must)- Pisa, Lucca, Bologna, Verona, Perugia, Siena, Lake Como)
Will really appreciate your views!
Thanks for reading-Cheers!!
2 weeks in Italy: Need views on Itinerary
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Making reservations in Italy
- 2 Seotember Trip to Greece- 2015
- 3 Flight cancellation due to weather & student visa
- 4 Taking a 5 day trip to Europe
- 5 Ireland 6 days / 5 nights
- 6 Cheap NYC currency exchange
- 7 Provence planning
- 8 Germany for 3 weeks
- 9 UK and Belgium 20 days with 2 kids ( 6 years old and 7 years old girls)
- 10 Summer Family trip ( 2 ads and 2 kids 6 and 7 years old girls)
- 11 Dublin Layover Suggestions
- 12 England, Paris itinerary help
- 13 Accommodations in Paris
- 14 Travelling Aug 2015 to a few european destinations
- 15 What to see/do in eastern section of Ireland?
- 16 Ireland Trip in Spring
- 17 MUST SEE in Odessa, & Sevestopol, Ukraine?
- 18 World´s biggest Rolls Royce collection in a great castle in Basque Country
- 19 South of France
- 20 Isle of Skye Lodging
- 21 Want to sell Pashmina but didnt find the store.
- 22 Car hire location price differences
- 23 Food in the 14th arrondissement
- 24 Ukraine Travel 2014
- 25 What to do in Manchester for half a day?