Flying into Milan on October 3 for a two week trip to Italy. The plan so far: upon arrival, take a train to Venice, where we will spend 2-3 days. Then train down to Florence. Hope to spend some time in Tuscany and see Florence at the same time (3-4 days, perhaps). Then down to Naples (again, by train). Use Naples as a base for day trips...Amalfi Coast, Pompeii, maybe Capri, then back up to Rome, where we are catching our flight back to the States. My questions:
Is this itinerary too aggressive?
Should we buy a Eurail pass for 3-4 days, or just buy train tickets as needed. Do we need to make reservations in advance for October?
Should I rent a car in Tuscany (if so, I know not to drive it into Florence) and Naples, or rely on buses and/or organized day tour packages (if such exist in October)?
Thanks, in advance, for the advice. I'm sure I'll post again after pouring through previous posts re: attractions and accommodations, but any suggestions would be appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 2 Scotland itinerary, helm me with15 night itinerary
- 3 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 4 Paris for Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve
- 5 Help Planning Spain Itinerary
- 6 Car rental leaving Rome
- 7 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 8 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 9 Handicap Assistance at Charles de Gaulle - Our Experience
- 10 Trip Report - Croatia, Sept 22 -Oct 12 (Slovenia, Bosnia..)
- 11 Christmas Market-ing in the Salzkammergut
- 12 Normandy and England in November Trip Planning
- 13 Stay in El Born, in Barcelona, and getting to the Languedoc, France
- 14 A Walk in Tuscany, New Places to Discover, & A Life Time of memories
- 15 Purchasing Italian train tickets from USA!
- 16 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 17 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 18 Car Rental in Italy
- 19 Rue des Rosiers
- 20 Last min prep for Krakow - Questions
- 21 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 22 First Trip to Europe!
- 23 Paris Under Seige...
- 24 Italy with my 22 year old son
- 25 Pyrenees villages sth of Lourdes