My husband I will be in Ireland for two weeks this coming September. It's our first visit to the country, we arrive in Shannon and have rented a cottage in GarryKennedy for the first week. On day seven we will be moving to Belfast for three day's and from there we will move to Dublin until we depart for home. I'm looking for places to visit, places that shouldn't be missed, as well as places that we shouldn't waste time on. We will have a rental car up until we we arrive in Dublin, from there we will make use of public transportation. I'd also like suggestions on restaurants, tips for packing smart as well as suggestions on how much money I should plan on spending on a daily basis for food, entrance fees to sights, gas etc.
2 weeks in Ireland
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Non-Crowded Europe in Mid-July
- 2 9 days in switzerland
- 3 Day trips from Budapest and Vienna
- 4 Camino No-No
- 5 A Very Brief Report of My Recent Trip to Paris
- 6 Traveling with 6 in the Netherlands & Friesland - car or train?
- 7 700 die off Italian coast in boat accident.
- 8 Bus ride to Positano
- 9 Paris or Rome in March or possibly September/October
- 10 Help! Overwhelmed by Italy Trip Planning
- 11 Train tickets and Theatre tickets: how far in advance to book?
- 12 Critique my 3 week Balkans Itinerary + Budget
- 13 Taxi from CDG to Paris for 4. Cost?
- 14 Travel Route from Spain to Portugal
- 15 What's on your Paris wish list?
- 16 Bayeux tapestry
- 17 Advice for large family trip to Ireland next summer
- 18 Please help with Itinerary Draft for Madrid, Andalucia
- 19 Ibiza, San Sebastian, Sicily or Nice??
- 20 Visiting Exciting Turkey in the Throes of Restoration
- 21 Europe itinerary advice
- 22 What is open in Naples on May 1 ?
- 23 Nike tennis shoes and leggings
- 24 Day visit to Terezin Memorial - Tour or on our own?
- 25 Pilgrim Churches of the Llyn Peninsula