My husband and I along with two other couples in our mid-40s will be visiting Greece for 18 days in October 2014; two of which will be travel days and possibly 1 jet lag day upon arrival to Greece. My husband and I travel frequently, but this will be our first trip to Greece and we would like to see and enjoy the highlights of Greece without jumping around too much…don’t like to pack and unpack several times on a vacation.
From what I hear and read, a trip to Greece is not complete without a visit to Santorini so I definitely want to include that into my itinerary. We will be flying from Texas to Athens and staying in the Vouliagmeni area for 7 nights and then I was hoping to stay in Santorini for 4 nights and then back to Athens(same location) for an additional 4 nights before flying back to the US. However, there are a number of places that are not located in Athens that we would like to visit so I’m curious to know if one day trips would suffice and allow us time without feeling exhausted. In my research I’ve seen there are plenty 1-2 day trips from Athens that are available and they visit a lot of places in that one day, but I’m curious to know if that is sufficient time to appreciate what we are seeing. Once we visit a particular place, we like to learn and enjoy as much as possible so that there’s no need to go back. We like to have several days within a 2 week vacation to just chill and enjoy our surroundings with no planned tours, etc. We are not beach people per say, but we do love to go to the beach just to see the beautiful ocean/sea...we're not too much into museums but do enjoy the history, we love to try different food and we love beautiful sceneries. We love to relax on vacation but at the same time hit the highlights and get off the beaten path at times…balance is very important. We plan to stay in Santorini for 4 nights in between our Athens stay but have not booked the hotel yet so I’m curious to know if we should just stay 2 nights in Santorini and maybe just stay in the Peloponnese area for the other two nights. We want to be near the airport for our departure day.
Here are some of the things we would like to visit/do while in Athens and I solicit any advice to help determine if this is possible and enjoyable allowing us time to explore, relax and sometimes get off of the beaten path: Meteora (Kalambaka) Corinth, Delphi, Peloponnese area, would like a good one day island tour(s). We will also visit several places in Athens, but I’m just looking for advice on how to maneuver to the other places around Athens. Again, we like to have tour free days as well.
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated…sorry to be so long, just wanted to include as much info as possible.
Thanks so much!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 우리카지노●【RAM300.COM】● 안전한 인터넷 카지노 사이트
- 2 My Topic Title바카라설명＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼온카지노◈안전한바카라사이트
- 3 넷마블바카라■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■아시안바카라モ아시안바카라
- 4 Torre Sponda apartments in Positano- anyone familiar?
- 5 스포츠토토＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼카지노사이트∬안전공원
- 6 f1카지노＼※【KTV200.CoM 】※＼라이브카지노、슈퍼카지노
- 7 헬로우카지노■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■카지노사이트주소お카지노사이트주소
- 8 정선바카라자동■※■『KIA700.CoM』■※■코리아카지노ん코리아카지노
- 9 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 10 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 11 June Festivals in Lisbon?
- 12 Corpus Christi in Toledo?
- 13 roadtrip from Barcelona to Madrid
- 14 advance tickets?
- 15 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 16 car rental in Dubrovnik
- 17 38 Days in Paris
- 18 Crete/Athens June 2017
- 19 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 20 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 21 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 22 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 23 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 24 Cordoba Overnight?
- 25 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing