My husband and I are planning a 2 week (15 days) trip to Europe next April, begining Easter weekend. It will be my first visit and my husband has already done a 'first time whirlwind' tour excluding Italy. We plan to visit London (3 days), Paris (3 days), Florence (3 days), Rome (3 days) and Venice (1 day), in that order. Our starting point is London and we take our flight back home from Venice.
I am keen on a day or 2 in Amsterdam as it would be the tulip season....but it seems a lot of time would be spent travelling. Brussels is also an option since it has direct train connection from London.
I am confused whether we should stick to our original plan and give an extra day each to London and Rome or take out time for Amsterdam/Brussels. Would highly appreciate some advice here
Also, I was initially planning to book a Eurail pass, but now i am not too sure. Since the countries we plan to visit have mostly high-speed trains that require reservation, is it really a good idea to buy the pass? Instead, we could just opt for individual city passes for daily travel. What do you suggest?
2 weeks in Europe - where to go and how to travel?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 2 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 3 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 4 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 5 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 6 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 7 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 8 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 9 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 10 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 11 Porto -City Break
- 12 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 13 Prague - Tram #22
- 14 driving map for Croatia and BiH
- 15 7 days in Greece
- 16 Looking for recommendations for trip insurance
- 17 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 18 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 19 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 20 Where to watch World Cup in Berlin
- 21 5 nights to get from Paris to Rome - What to do??
- 22 nearby cities to london
- 23 London hotel
- 24 A drive in Europe
- 25 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days