My husband and I are planning a 2 week (15 days) trip to Europe next April, begining Easter weekend. It will be my first visit and my husband has already done a 'first time whirlwind' tour excluding Italy. We plan to visit London (3 days), Paris (3 days), Florence (3 days), Rome (3 days) and Venice (1 day), in that order. Our starting point is London and we take our flight back home from Venice.
I am keen on a day or 2 in Amsterdam as it would be the tulip season....but it seems a lot of time would be spent travelling. Brussels is also an option since it has direct train connection from London.
I am confused whether we should stick to our original plan and give an extra day each to London and Rome or take out time for Amsterdam/Brussels. Would highly appreciate some advice here
Also, I was initially planning to book a Eurail pass, but now i am not too sure. Since the countries we plan to visit have mostly high-speed trains that require reservation, is it really a good idea to buy the pass? Instead, we could just opt for individual city passes for daily travel. What do you suggest?
2 weeks in Europe - where to go and how to travel?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spending money in Italy?
- 2 Home base stay in Italy for vacation
- 3 stop in lisboa or not
- 4 Oktoberfest vs Amsterdam
- 5 Moving to Bayswater (London) - How is the neighborhood?
- 6 Croacia in october
- 7 Eight tips on buying wine in a French supermarket
- 8 Need Advice on 18 Days into Madrid, out of Bilbao
- 9 TGV Train Tickets/Passes
- 10 Sweet 16 Iceland Trip -- suggestions please
- 11 Itinerey help for a 27 day trip to Europe for April of 2015
- 12 Copenhagen, Bergen, Stockholm, Estonia and Helsinki Getting Around
- 13 Getting From Italy to London
- 14 Stay away from EF Tours
- 15 Italy things to do?
- 16 Are taxis easily obtained at the train station in Florence?
- 17 Jamikins and Bikerscott Go Francing: Cooking in the Alps and Alsace
- 18 Getting cash in Spain
- 19 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 20 Posting from Siena-ATM emergency! Help needed!
- 21 Juan Les Pins or Cannes? Heading there this weekend and need your advise...
- 22 Sirop and Sandwiches, Normandy, Loire and Paris with our grandsons
- 23 Amsterdam - Paris - Barcelona
- 24 How to do St. Petersburg in 24 or 48 hours with no visa?
- 25 Sky diving in Barcelona