My husband and I are planning a 2 week (15 days) trip to Europe next April, begining Easter weekend. It will be my first visit and my husband has already done a 'first time whirlwind' tour excluding Italy. We plan to visit London (3 days), Paris (3 days), Florence (3 days), Rome (3 days) and Venice (1 day), in that order. Our starting point is London and we take our flight back home from Venice.
I am keen on a day or 2 in Amsterdam as it would be the tulip season....but it seems a lot of time would be spent travelling. Brussels is also an option since it has direct train connection from London.
I am confused whether we should stick to our original plan and give an extra day each to London and Rome or take out time for Amsterdam/Brussels. Would highly appreciate some advice here
Also, I was initially planning to book a Eurail pass, but now i am not too sure. Since the countries we plan to visit have mostly high-speed trains that require reservation, is it really a good idea to buy the pass? Instead, we could just opt for individual city passes for daily travel. What do you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Reaching the Lake District
- 2 Switzerland part of 3-week trip
- 3 4 Nights Sevilla/Cordoba in Nov; How to split up
- 4 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 5 3 days outside Venice
- 6 PRAGUE-TOP 10 THINGS TO DO
- 7 Night Bus?
- 8 Avignon, best place to drop off a rental car?
- 9 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 10 Spider-Man HomeComing Full Movie Svenska Sub HD
- 11 Moldova and Transnistria
- 12 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 13 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 14 Jewish Vienna
- 15 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 16 Andalucia Spain
- 17 seat reservations
- 18 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 19 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 20 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 21 Rouen & Paris Anniversary Trip
- 22 Preliminary trip planning for Portugal April 2018
- 23 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 24 Help Planning Honeymoon
- 25 3 Weeks in Scotland and Ireland