My husband and I are planning a 2 week (15 days) trip to Europe next April, begining Easter weekend. It will be my first visit and my husband has already done a 'first time whirlwind' tour excluding Italy. We plan to visit London (3 days), Paris (3 days), Florence (3 days), Rome (3 days) and Venice (1 day), in that order. Our starting point is London and we take our flight back home from Venice.
I am keen on a day or 2 in Amsterdam as it would be the tulip season....but it seems a lot of time would be spent travelling. Brussels is also an option since it has direct train connection from London.
I am confused whether we should stick to our original plan and give an extra day each to London and Rome or take out time for Amsterdam/Brussels. Would highly appreciate some advice here
Also, I was initially planning to book a Eurail pass, but now i am not too sure. Since the countries we plan to visit have mostly high-speed trains that require reservation, is it really a good idea to buy the pass? Instead, we could just opt for individual city passes for daily travel. What do you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 2 First trip to Italy
- 3 Ireland & Scotland
- 4 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 5 London's Must Sights!
- 6 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 7 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 8 Planning 20th anniversary 1st trip to Italy Feb 2017.
- 9 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 10 Croatia-Slovenia- 30 days Road trip itinerary-2017
- 11 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 12 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 13 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 14 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 15 Copenhagen to Oslo to Amsterdam: Are we nuts?
- 16 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 17 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 18 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 19 4 days in switzerland
- 20 Vienna or Budapest?
- 21 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 22 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 23 travelling to Munich and Paris without pre hotel booking
- 24 14 nights in Europe
- 25 French immersion courses in France