My husband and I are planning a 2 week (15 days) trip to Europe next April, begining Easter weekend. It will be my first visit and my husband has already done a 'first time whirlwind' tour excluding Italy. We plan to visit London (3 days), Paris (3 days), Florence (3 days), Rome (3 days) and Venice (1 day), in that order. Our starting point is London and we take our flight back home from Venice.
I am keen on a day or 2 in Amsterdam as it would be the tulip season....but it seems a lot of time would be spent travelling. Brussels is also an option since it has direct train connection from London.
I am confused whether we should stick to our original plan and give an extra day each to London and Rome or take out time for Amsterdam/Brussels. Would highly appreciate some advice here
Also, I was initially planning to book a Eurail pass, but now i am not too sure. Since the countries we plan to visit have mostly high-speed trains that require reservation, is it really a good idea to buy the pass? Instead, we could just opt for individual city passes for daily travel. What do you suggest?
2 weeks in Europe - where to go and how to travel?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with our Portugal itinerary.
- 2 US looking into preclearance at European airports
- 3 Are you following Scotland's upcoming vote on independence?
- 4 Air France strike is extended until 26 September
- 5 Munich Hotel - Stay at the Westin or Sheraton Westpark?
- 6 Spain (Practical) Trip Report
- 7 paris apartment opinion airbnb
- 8 Rental car return -> Taxi at Barcelona Airport
- 9 White Christmas
- 10 Madrid: Atmospheric Old Taverns
- 11 Planning 18 day euro trip HELP
- 12 4-5 Days in Switzerland before Paris? Is Berne the place to go?
- 13 Gtg San Antonio
- 14 Haarlem Holland - Hotels or B&Bs
- 15 Help with logistics of 2 days on the Rhine
- 16 Two weeks Verona, Bologna and Venice - time for other day trips?
- 17 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 18 Gift for French business associate
- 19 Wine tour from Verona?
- 20 Aix En Provence to Marsilles or Nice for a few days?
- 21 Jamikins and Bikerscott Head Back to Le Marche
- 22 Mr & Mrs Annhig go bummelling round Germany.
- 23 Hurtigruten Cruise excursions alternatives, coast of Norway
- 24 Can you be fined on the spot for falling off a scooter in Croatia
- 25 1 week Tuscany in November