My husband and I are planning a 2 week (15 days) trip to Europe next April, begining Easter weekend. It will be my first visit and my husband has already done a 'first time whirlwind' tour excluding Italy. We plan to visit London (3 days), Paris (3 days), Florence (3 days), Rome (3 days) and Venice (1 day), in that order. Our starting point is London and we take our flight back home from Venice.
I am keen on a day or 2 in Amsterdam as it would be the tulip season....but it seems a lot of time would be spent travelling. Brussels is also an option since it has direct train connection from London.
I am confused whether we should stick to our original plan and give an extra day each to London and Rome or take out time for Amsterdam/Brussels. Would highly appreciate some advice here
Also, I was initially planning to book a Eurail pass, but now i am not too sure. Since the countries we plan to visit have mostly high-speed trains that require reservation, is it really a good idea to buy the pass? Instead, we could just opt for individual city passes for daily travel. What do you suggest?
2 weeks in Europe - where to go and how to travel?
- 1 10 day honeymoon in Italy in Nov
- 2 Spain Pyrenees overnight stopover Help needed with route?
- 3 Slovenia/Northern Croatia in mid-August - hotel and other advice?
- 4 Balkans in 4 weeks - Feasible itinerary?
- 5 Netherland -> belgium -> Germany (Rhine Valley)
- 6 UK in the Fall: Trip Suggestions
- 7 Travel witha bike between Ventimiglia and Genova
- 8 Where to eat and visit in Barcelona + Venice June 2013
- 9 In Nice solo between June 17 - 22 anyone else going to be there?
- 10 Itinerary suggestions please: Munich, Ortisei and ???
- 11 Air show in Paris, what to expect
- 12 London Itinerary Advice 6-10 September
- 13 CIE Tours of Ireland - any opinions?
- 14 2 days in Frankfurt - where to stay -what to do - or straight to Paris
- 15 Tales from Venice, Bologna, Pienza and Rome
- 16 Flying from New York City to Cinque Terre, Italy
- 17 Last monte Paris apartment
- 18 MILAN BUS STATION / MILAN CENTRALE RR - Correct Station?
- 19 Which tour company would be best?
- 20 Britain Ireland and Scotland Tours
- 21 CIE TOURS? or Any other suggestions?
- 22 any recommended guides for Krakow area?
- 23 Local Living Rome- G adventures
- 24 Travel tip- Florence to nice
- 25 Germany student visa to tourist visa