My husband and I are planning a 2 week (15 days) trip to Europe next April, begining Easter weekend. It will be my first visit and my husband has already done a 'first time whirlwind' tour excluding Italy. We plan to visit London (3 days), Paris (3 days), Florence (3 days), Rome (3 days) and Venice (1 day), in that order. Our starting point is London and we take our flight back home from Venice.
I am keen on a day or 2 in Amsterdam as it would be the tulip season....but it seems a lot of time would be spent travelling. Brussels is also an option since it has direct train connection from London.
I am confused whether we should stick to our original plan and give an extra day each to London and Rome or take out time for Amsterdam/Brussels. Would highly appreciate some advice here
Also, I was initially planning to book a Eurail pass, but now i am not too sure. Since the countries we plan to visit have mostly high-speed trains that require reservation, is it really a good idea to buy the pass? Instead, we could just opt for individual city passes for daily travel. What do you suggest?
2 weeks in Europe - where to go and how to travel?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Anyone used London Connections to book an apartment in London?
- 2 Tips on renting a car in Oxford
- 3 Any last things i might need to know for our trip??
- 4 From Denver to Virtuous
- 5 Avis De Contravention (speeding ticket) dispute/appeal?
- 6 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 7 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 8 Off the beaten path in Italy
- 9 Cotswolds first time
- 10 Have 4 Ticket to Eiffel Tower Summit for sale 31.08, early afternoon
- 11 need advise on first time travel to Europe
- 12 Help! Need alternative to PORTOVENERE in late-September!
- 13 7 days in London in Dec with family
- 14 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 15 Stockholm/Copenhagen/Norway?
- 16 Day trips from Bologna
- 17 The east coast of Italy
- 18 Schengen rule made easy
- 19 Vacation in Spain ,Madrid-Sevilla-Cadiz-!Cordova-Lisboa
- 20 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 21 Where to rent a house for 1 or 2 months during summer in Europe
- 22 Grad Schools in London?
- 23 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 24 Florence Opera
- 25 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.