My husband and I are planning a 2 week (15 days) trip to Europe next April, begining Easter weekend. It will be my first visit and my husband has already done a 'first time whirlwind' tour excluding Italy. We plan to visit London (3 days), Paris (3 days), Florence (3 days), Rome (3 days) and Venice (1 day), in that order. Our starting point is London and we take our flight back home from Venice.
I am keen on a day or 2 in Amsterdam as it would be the tulip season....but it seems a lot of time would be spent travelling. Brussels is also an option since it has direct train connection from London.
I am confused whether we should stick to our original plan and give an extra day each to London and Rome or take out time for Amsterdam/Brussels. Would highly appreciate some advice here
Also, I was initially planning to book a Eurail pass, but now i am not too sure. Since the countries we plan to visit have mostly high-speed trains that require reservation, is it really a good idea to buy the pass? Instead, we could just opt for individual city passes for daily travel. What do you suggest?
2 weeks in Europe - where to go and how to travel?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dresden or Leipzig
- 2 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 3 1 Month Europe (June 2015) with 3 children, ages 6-11
- 4 Paris for a Week – Looking for a Day Trip Outside the City
- 5 Air pollution in Paris
- 6 Which European Countries Speak the Most English?
- 7 San Marino - The world's smallest country
- 8 Euro Geography Quiz #2 - How Well Do You Know Europe?
- 9 Trains in Italy
- 10 UK & Ireland 2 week travel itinerary (looking for input)
- 11 20 days in Germany
- 12 Blissful Airbnbs,Risky Segways,Vegan Tapas: Prague-Hvar-Andalucía-Madrid
- 13 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 14 France, Italy and Greec
- 15 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 16 Rome---August and September
- 17 Alcobaca, Batalha and Tomar, all or one?
- 18 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 19 Help With Vienna
- 20 Good Hotels around Gare Montparnasse
- 21 Using Euros and Visa Travel Money Debit Card in the Baltics and Russia
- 22 Venice - guided boat/tour trips in winter?
- 23 South of France November Trip Report
- 24 Best luggage for a 7 week trip
- 25 Olive oil disaster in 2014