My husband and I are planning a 2 week (15 days) trip to Europe next April, begining Easter weekend. It will be my first visit and my husband has already done a 'first time whirlwind' tour excluding Italy. We plan to visit London (3 days), Paris (3 days), Florence (3 days), Rome (3 days) and Venice (1 day), in that order. Our starting point is London and we take our flight back home from Venice.
I am keen on a day or 2 in Amsterdam as it would be the tulip season....but it seems a lot of time would be spent travelling. Brussels is also an option since it has direct train connection from London.
I am confused whether we should stick to our original plan and give an extra day each to London and Rome or take out time for Amsterdam/Brussels. Would highly appreciate some advice here
Also, I was initially planning to book a Eurail pass, but now i am not too sure. Since the countries we plan to visit have mostly high-speed trains that require reservation, is it really a good idea to buy the pass? Instead, we could just opt for individual city passes for daily travel. What do you suggest?
2 weeks in Europe - where to go and how to travel?
- 1 Itinerary Questions
- 2 5 days to see Granada - Seville?
- 3 Question-- York & North York Moors
- 4 Prague Main Train Station
- 5 NEW TO FODORS: Suggestions/Advice for 10 days in Europe
- 6 Frankfurt Macarons
- 7 best beach hotel Mykonos
- 8 Manchester UK-good place for a Thanksgiving dinner?
- 9 London 12 day itinerary suggestions needed
- 10 Trieste as a day trip?
- 11 Any stay at first hotel reisen?
- 12 Geneva/Graechen/Milan Driving in February
- 13 The Adriatic? Or Turkey and the Greek Islands?
- 14 Venice in Jan
- 15 Trieste as a day trip?
- 16 Bells, Balls and a Basilica – Cooking in Abruzzo; Eating & Drinking In Rome
- 17 Lucerne & Zurich
- 18 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 19 Trip around Spain
- 20 Lake como
- 21 Getting around in Tuscany
- 22 Rome L. Argentina Ruins - Can they be explored or just viewed from street?
- 23 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested
- 24 Common practice to provide passport copies for apartment rental in Venice?
- 25 Public transport from Ostuni