My husband and I are planning a 2 week (15 days) trip to Europe next April, begining Easter weekend. It will be my first visit and my husband has already done a 'first time whirlwind' tour excluding Italy. We plan to visit London (3 days), Paris (3 days), Florence (3 days), Rome (3 days) and Venice (1 day), in that order. Our starting point is London and we take our flight back home from Venice.
I am keen on a day or 2 in Amsterdam as it would be the tulip season....but it seems a lot of time would be spent travelling. Brussels is also an option since it has direct train connection from London.
I am confused whether we should stick to our original plan and give an extra day each to London and Rome or take out time for Amsterdam/Brussels. Would highly appreciate some advice here
Also, I was initially planning to book a Eurail pass, but now i am not too sure. Since the countries we plan to visit have mostly high-speed trains that require reservation, is it really a good idea to buy the pass? Instead, we could just opt for individual city passes for daily travel. What do you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Train Question
- 2 What clothes?
- 3 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 4 Requesting Suggestions for Venice
- 5 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 6 Who Tips In Paris Cafes and How Much?
- 7 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 8 2 weeks in Southern Italy
- 9 Florence and Siena Restaurants
- 10 Short trip to Athens and Santorini. Ideas welcomed
- 11 Four weeks in the UK: Critique my itinerary?
- 12 Stay in Saronno to see Como and Milan?
- 13 Cochinillo in Segovia
- 14 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 15 Amsterdam hotel with a canal view
- 16 GPS vs Google Maps
- 17 Berlin bans Airbnb apartment letting
- 18 Once in a life time 3 month Europe Trip
- 19 10 nights in France
- 20 Questions about Italy again
- 21 Spain schedule - reality check please.
- 22 Question about Hostels in Europe during the summer
- 23 Stop between Munich and Cochem (long train ride)
- 24 Uber in Paris: OK now ?
- 25 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna