My husband and I are planning a 2 week (15 days) trip to Europe next April, begining Easter weekend. It will be my first visit and my husband has already done a 'first time whirlwind' tour excluding Italy. We plan to visit London (3 days), Paris (3 days), Florence (3 days), Rome (3 days) and Venice (1 day), in that order. Our starting point is London and we take our flight back home from Venice.
I am keen on a day or 2 in Amsterdam as it would be the tulip season....but it seems a lot of time would be spent travelling. Brussels is also an option since it has direct train connection from London.
I am confused whether we should stick to our original plan and give an extra day each to London and Rome or take out time for Amsterdam/Brussels. Would highly appreciate some advice here
Also, I was initially planning to book a Eurail pass, but now i am not too sure. Since the countries we plan to visit have mostly high-speed trains that require reservation, is it really a good idea to buy the pass? Instead, we could just opt for individual city passes for daily travel. What do you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris gtg in October?
- 2 Brussels Airport
- 3 Quaint Towns within 2hr Driving from Amsterdam
- 4 Getting From Milan to Arezzo
- 5 La Cite du Vin, has anyone visited ?
- 6 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 7 Is 2hr25m layover enough to collect and recheck baggage?
- 8 Traveling through Bucharest, Budapest, Zagreb and Belgrade
- 9 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 10 European Championship
- 11 Trains France/Switzerland
- 12 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 13 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 14 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 15 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 16 Which order should I travel
- 17 Which order should I travel
- 18 Which order should I travel
- 19 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 20 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 21 Train questions for Switzerland
- 22 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 23 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 24 Normandy - driving trip
- 25 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere