My husband and I are planning a 2 week (15 days) trip to Europe next April, begining Easter weekend. It will be my first visit and my husband has already done a 'first time whirlwind' tour excluding Italy. We plan to visit London (3 days), Paris (3 days), Florence (3 days), Rome (3 days) and Venice (1 day), in that order. Our starting point is London and we take our flight back home from Venice.
I am keen on a day or 2 in Amsterdam as it would be the tulip season....but it seems a lot of time would be spent travelling. Brussels is also an option since it has direct train connection from London.
I am confused whether we should stick to our original plan and give an extra day each to London and Rome or take out time for Amsterdam/Brussels. Would highly appreciate some advice here
Also, I was initially planning to book a Eurail pass, but now i am not too sure. Since the countries we plan to visit have mostly high-speed trains that require reservation, is it really a good idea to buy the pass? Instead, we could just opt for individual city passes for daily travel. What do you suggest?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Packing as Light as Possible!
- 2 Narrowed down itinerary, but still need help finishing in Munich
- 3 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 4 Hitchhiking mate
- 5 London - Hotel recommendations Classic Non-Scene
- 6 The First Thing You Do When You Land In Paris?
- 7 La Roque Gageac, France in early October
- 8 Itinerary Tweaks and Tips, Please
- 9 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 10 Need opinion to pick suitable rail pass
- 11 Valencia - Finally going and need advice
- 12 Croatia - advice on where to stay in Plitvice Lakes
- 13 Italy, France, Belgium, Netherlands in 20 days (Itinerary check!)
- 14 Schengen Visa Question - Student Visa / Visitor Visa
- 15 La Mouzaia in northeastern Paris
- 16 Can you recommend a hotel in Santorini?
- 17 Flight from Athens to Turkey
- 18 Buckfast Abbey Brews Up a Brouhahah!
- 19 Dolomiti advice please!
- 20 Northern Italy/Tuscany ideas
- 21 Malta diving trip
- 22 Russia - GO or not?
- 23 Fonte Bertusi
- 24 Italy (or other country) with a baby
- 25 Paris removes Pont des Arts love locks