My husband and I by some miracle have both gotten 2 weeks during Christmas off (Dec 24-Jan 8) and have decided to plan a last minute trip to Europe. This will be our first time ever visiting and of course like most people we have a huge list of countries and cities we'd like to see. We have 14 days not including the day of travel to get there and the day we are returning home, so we have come to an agreement and have narrowed it down to either London (3 1/2 days), Brussels (2 1/2 days), Amsterdam (3 1/2 days) and Paris (5 1/2 days) or Rome, Venice and maybe a couple other cities in Italy. I would love to get some opinions and thoughts on what others think would be a better choice for us. Since we will be there during New Years eve which of those places would be a good place to ring in the new year? Any advice, information or recommendations on what to see/do, places to dine, weather etc. you all could give to help us make a decision would be very much appreciated.
Here is a little info about us..We are both 30 and love to eat. We are active people and are interested in the culture, architecture, history and art of the places we will visit. We do not plan on running from place to place to "cram it all in", we would like to see some of the "touristy" things but also experience things like a local. We do not do tours when we travel as we like to experience things on our own and at our own pace, but if someone can recommend a tour that they think is amazing we'd be open to considering it. We don't like to go clubbing or partying but would like to visit a bar or two at the end of a day. Thanks in advance for any info given.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Swiss Travel Pass
- 2 New Law Regarding Vacation Rentals in Paris
- 3 Bernese Oberland + Luzern 4 days
- 4 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 5 Ireland in April-Day trips from Galway base
- 6 6-7 Days in France
- 7 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 8 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 9 5 Days in Switzerland
- 10 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 11 Korean Messages
- 12 Petrol in Greece
- 13 Another tipping question: concierges
- 14 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 15 Budapest in December 2017
- 16 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 17 4+ days in Lisbon over NYE, should we visit Sintra?
- 18 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 19 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 20 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 21 H10 Urquinaona Hotel in Barcelona
- 22 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 23 Acropolis Athens
- 24 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 25 We're here!