My husband and I by some miracle have both gotten 2 weeks during Christmas off (Dec 24-Jan 8) and have decided to plan a last minute trip to Europe. This will be our first time ever visiting and of course like most people we have a huge list of countries and cities we'd like to see. We have 14 days not including the day of travel to get there and the day we are returning home, so we have come to an agreement and have narrowed it down to either London (3 1/2 days), Brussels (2 1/2 days), Amsterdam (3 1/2 days) and Paris (5 1/2 days) or Rome, Venice and maybe a couple other cities in Italy. I would love to get some opinions and thoughts on what others think would be a better choice for us. Since we will be there during New Years eve which of those places would be a good place to ring in the new year? Any advice, information or recommendations on what to see/do, places to dine, weather etc. you all could give to help us make a decision would be very much appreciated.
Here is a little info about us..We are both 30 and love to eat. We are active people and are interested in the culture, architecture, history and art of the places we will visit. We do not plan on running from place to place to "cram it all in", we would like to see some of the "touristy" things but also experience things like a local. We do not do tours when we travel as we like to experience things on our own and at our own pace, but if someone can recommend a tour that they think is amazing we'd be open to considering it. We don't like to go clubbing or partying but would like to visit a bar or two at the end of a day. Thanks in advance for any info given.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Please help with 12 days in England!
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 Revised itinerary for italy
- 4 3 days in Ortygia Sicily
- 5 Need hotel recommendations for Madrid, Toledo & Andalucia
- 6 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 7 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 8 Hotel in Vienna
- 9 Places of interest
- 10 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 11 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 12 Switzerland in November?
- 13 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 14 10 nights in Umbria before Rome- advice please
- 15 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 16 Greece...so many options! (11 days)
- 17 A Month stay in Southern France
- 18 vienna
- 19 Itinerary? Mystras? Stay over or stay in Nafplion
- 20 Ireland and Scotland in July
- 21 When to buy airline? & booking seats
- 22 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 23 Ireland travel passport question
- 24 2 weeks in Europe - itenerary help
- 25 Oxford England Accommodations