My husband and I by some miracle have both gotten 2 weeks during Christmas off (Dec 24-Jan 8) and have decided to plan a last minute trip to Europe. This will be our first time ever visiting and of course like most people we have a huge list of countries and cities we'd like to see. We have 14 days not including the day of travel to get there and the day we are returning home, so we have come to an agreement and have narrowed it down to either London (3 1/2 days), Brussels (2 1/2 days), Amsterdam (3 1/2 days) and Paris (5 1/2 days) or Rome, Venice and maybe a couple other cities in Italy. I would love to get some opinions and thoughts on what others think would be a better choice for us. Since we will be there during New Years eve which of those places would be a good place to ring in the new year? Any advice, information or recommendations on what to see/do, places to dine, weather etc. you all could give to help us make a decision would be very much appreciated.
Here is a little info about us..We are both 30 and love to eat. We are active people and are interested in the culture, architecture, history and art of the places we will visit. We do not plan on running from place to place to "cram it all in", we would like to see some of the "touristy" things but also experience things like a local. We do not do tours when we travel as we like to experience things on our own and at our own pace, but if someone can recommend a tour that they think is amazing we'd be open to considering it. We don't like to go clubbing or partying but would like to visit a bar or two at the end of a day. Thanks in advance for any info given.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 신논현휴게텔 신논현오피 아달 www.adal.ml 신논현건마 신논현마사지
- 2 www.adal.ml 아찔한 달리기 시흥오피 시흥건마 시흥휴게텔 시흥마사지 시흥키스방
- 3 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 4 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 5 Well with itinerary North East Italy (again please!)
- 6 Southern Croatia and side trips itinerary recommendations
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Nafplio to Hydra
- 9 Oslo-Flam-Borgund-Balestrand in one day?
- 10 Portugal and Spain itinerary help!
- 11 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 12 "Best" train route Interlaken to Salzburg
- 13 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 14 Prague itinerary advice
- 15 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 16 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 17 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 18 Santorini lodging
- 19 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 20 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 21 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 22 info Faro & Algarve
- 23 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 24 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 25 Dinner get-together in Paris?