I'm thinking about our next holiday, around September or October 2013, and we are thinking of going to England. We have already been to Scotland and we loved it, but now we decided to check England. I need help in checking where we can base ourselves. Now to start with we are a couple, no children, aged 30 and we like museums, cities, culture, castles and nice landscape. We use buses and trains to travel around. Now, I will fly to London Heathrow and back from London Heathrow, according to flights I land at London heathrow at around 9.30am UK time. I am thinking of the last 5 or 6 days to spend them in London and do 2 day trips from there...your help is here: What other 2 bases I can use and I can even do nice day trips from there? So London definitely, then I need to other bases...I'm ready to take a 3hr train from London after the flight to start from the North. remember that I will be using buses/trains for day trips. Can you help?
2 Weeks in England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What to wear
- 2 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 3 Feedback regarding Jay Way Travel
- 4 Greece trip report - winter in the center - Epirus, Pelion etc
- 5 Our Spain Adventure -- Cordoba, Seville, Granada and Barcelona! (Part One)
- 6 How to split nine days on Crete?
- 7 Anyone been to Rhodes,Crete,etc. over Christmas?
- 8 Amsterdam Berlin Bus companies BestBusTravel
- 9 Tipping in Turkey ...and Europe
- 10 travel from Edinburgh to Paris
- 11 Rovinj, Croatia
- 12 Is Naxos worthwhile if not planning to spend time on the beach?
- 13 Paris November 2014
- 14 Which lake to visit in Italy
- 15 Traveling in France by train
- 16 Trip report:Vienna,Graz,Lake district,Salzburg,Wachau,Prague,Munich.
- 17 Unique Venice Activity
- 18 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 19 Italy/France 22 day Itinerary - Help Please
- 20 Mykonos Hotels and Ferry Service to Santorini--need suggestions!
- 21 Art Deco architecture along the English Channel
- 22 Do unused RATP tickets expire?
- 23 Special restaurants - recommendations needed
- 24 Oh to be in England now that Spring is there - a walk in the Dales
- 25 Greek ferries