I'm thinking about our next holiday, around September or October 2013, and we are thinking of going to England. We have already been to Scotland and we loved it, but now we decided to check England. I need help in checking where we can base ourselves. Now to start with we are a couple, no children, aged 30 and we like museums, cities, culture, castles and nice landscape. We use buses and trains to travel around. Now, I will fly to London Heathrow and back from London Heathrow, according to flights I land at London heathrow at around 9.30am UK time. I am thinking of the last 5 or 6 days to spend them in London and do 2 day trips from there...your help is here: What other 2 bases I can use and I can even do nice day trips from there? So London definitely, then I need to other bases...I'm ready to take a 3hr train from London after the flight to start from the North. remember that I will be using buses/trains for day trips. Can you help?
2 Weeks in England
- 1 London – five days with two teen boys
- 2 Where to stay in Copenhagen
- 3 Euro Train
- 4 Planning 4 nights S / SE of London for my parents in their late 60s
- 5 Anniversary Weekend in Paris
- 6 15 days in Europe,
- 7 Alsa Bus between Portugal and Spain
- 8 Home from Rome - a trip report
- 9 Gogartys, Dublin
- 10 Can romans help me?
- 11 Spain - Andalucia
- 12 Where to rent car in Munich near train station?
- 13 Europe with young teens
- 14 Day Trips from Florence: Tours or On Our Own???
- 15 2 Week(ish) Italian Honeymoon Itinerary Help - First Time Europe Travelers
- 16 Planning a holiday
- 17 Sicily 10 days
- 18 Moscow transportation from Domodedovo airport
- 19 France, Spain, Italy and a hint of Switzerland
- 20 Mad Dash Across Too Much - Rome
- 21 Buying a house in the Languedoc - the hunt begins
- 22 planning a trip to barcelona first week of Jan
- 23 2 weeks in UK to visit my daughter at Queen Mary Univ Dec 15-28 2013
- 24 suggestions for a base in france -rouen to st malo in 4 days
- 25 Paris Ariival..for Those who have requested