I'm thinking about our next holiday, around September or October 2013, and we are thinking of going to England. We have already been to Scotland and we loved it, but now we decided to check England. I need help in checking where we can base ourselves. Now to start with we are a couple, no children, aged 30 and we like museums, cities, culture, castles and nice landscape. We use buses and trains to travel around. Now, I will fly to London Heathrow and back from London Heathrow, according to flights I land at London heathrow at around 9.30am UK time. I am thinking of the last 5 or 6 days to spend them in London and do 2 day trips from there...your help is here: What other 2 bases I can use and I can even do nice day trips from there? So London definitely, then I need to other bases...I'm ready to take a 3hr train from London after the flight to start from the North. remember that I will be using buses/trains for day trips. Can you help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Florence To Paris Via Overnight Train?
- 2 Wengen 3 1/2 days trip final suggestion
- 3 Notes on St. Petersburg
- 4 Help me choose between two hotels in the Lot
- 5 Appenzell in December?
- 6 Sisi Ticket - skip line at Hofburg?
- 7 Traveling in Belgium
- 8 Day trips from Venice and Rome
- 9 Pienza vs. San Gimignano for 4 nights?
- 10 May Honeymoon in Sorrento?
- 11 10 Day Backpacking Itinerary
- 12 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 13 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 14 Booking.com trustworthy?
- 15 Central London indoor swimming locations
- 16 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 17 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 18 My nephew’s visit to Edinburgh (or, OMG to be 18 again.)
- 19 Euro road trip – looking for advice please
- 20 Best hotel other than Sirenuse in Positano for honeymoon?
- 21 crete or santorini in Oct.
- 22 Hiking Tips in Scotland
- 23 Rick Steves Pickpocketed in Paris!
- 24 Provence to Paris via Burgundy
- 25 4 days in france w 4 kids