I'm thinking about our next holiday, around September or October 2013, and we are thinking of going to England. We have already been to Scotland and we loved it, but now we decided to check England. I need help in checking where we can base ourselves. Now to start with we are a couple, no children, aged 30 and we like museums, cities, culture, castles and nice landscape. We use buses and trains to travel around. Now, I will fly to London Heathrow and back from London Heathrow, according to flights I land at London heathrow at around 9.30am UK time. I am thinking of the last 5 or 6 days to spend them in London and do 2 day trips from there...your help is here: What other 2 bases I can use and I can even do nice day trips from there? So London definitely, then I need to other bases...I'm ready to take a 3hr train from London after the flight to start from the North. remember that I will be using buses/trains for day trips. Can you help?
2 Weeks in England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 2 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 3 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 4 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 5 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 6 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 7 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 8 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 9 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 10 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 11 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 12 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 13 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 14 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 15 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 16 Toulouse and beyond -
- 17 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 18 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 19 cheapest way to get from greece to turkey
- 20 Munich
- 21 Reservation needed in Germany?
- 22 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 23 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 24 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 25 Munich with a car?