I'm thinking about our next holiday, around September or October 2013, and we are thinking of going to England. We have already been to Scotland and we loved it, but now we decided to check England. I need help in checking where we can base ourselves. Now to start with we are a couple, no children, aged 30 and we like museums, cities, culture, castles and nice landscape. We use buses and trains to travel around. Now, I will fly to London Heathrow and back from London Heathrow, according to flights I land at London heathrow at around 9.30am UK time. I am thinking of the last 5 or 6 days to spend them in London and do 2 day trips from there...your help is here: What other 2 bases I can use and I can even do nice day trips from there? So London definitely, then I need to other bases...I'm ready to take a 3hr train from London after the flight to start from the North. remember that I will be using buses/trains for day trips. Can you help?
2 Weeks in England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transferwise: My latest experience in currency exchange
- 2 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 3 American Express
- 4 Airport ATMs
- 5 Which european city?
- 6 San Sebastian, Spain and where else?!
- 7 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 8 Favorite London spot for roast beef and Yorkshire pudding?
- 9 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 10 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 11 I lost the thread to respond about th Arles Amphetheatre
- 12 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 13 All Set To Go!!
- 14 Rome, Florence, Pisa, Cinque Terre, Venice, Florence
- 15 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 16 Upgrading second class Swiss pass to first class for individual train rides
- 17 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 18 Three ferries to Mull
- 19 27-DAY ODYSSEY IN THE ALPS with 3 FINAL DAYS IN PARIS
- 20 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 21 Treis-Karden 4 days and Trier 2 days?
- 22 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 23 Scotland: North West Highlands: July 2012
- 24 Story of the German Christmas star
- 25 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015