I'm thinking about our next holiday, around September or October 2013, and we are thinking of going to England. We have already been to Scotland and we loved it, but now we decided to check England. I need help in checking where we can base ourselves. Now to start with we are a couple, no children, aged 30 and we like museums, cities, culture, castles and nice landscape. We use buses and trains to travel around. Now, I will fly to London Heathrow and back from London Heathrow, according to flights I land at London heathrow at around 9.30am UK time. I am thinking of the last 5 or 6 days to spend them in London and do 2 day trips from there...your help is here: What other 2 bases I can use and I can even do nice day trips from there? So London definitely, then I need to other bases...I'm ready to take a 3hr train from London after the flight to start from the North. remember that I will be using buses/trains for day trips. Can you help?
2 Weeks in England
- 1 Do and don't, eating in France
- 2 Help with planning a trip to Turkey
- 3 Getting the best our of Europe
- 4 Please critique my 4 week itinerary for Turkey
- 5 Rome apartment
- 6 choosing between cinque terre & lake como
- 7 Albi-Carcassonne to St. Remy
- 8 Barcelona June 2013 Trip Report
- 9 Dordogne Canoe Ride - All wet!
- 10 Travelling within Florence and to Siena
- 11 Schnauzer, live from Paris, Lyon, Nice, Averyon and Dordogne, join me
- 12 Yet another train question......
- 13 Best area to stay in Rome
- 14 Moving to England at 16: Driving Laws?
- 15 london travelcrard
- 16 Versailles - guided tour or on our own????
- 17 5000 stairsteps, 40 ciao bellas, 12 trains, 8 pizzas, 3 women, 1 report
- 18 Rental car size in Spain: what's a supermini?
- 19 Brutal Crack Down on Peaceful Environmental Protest
- 20 Trip Report: SE England - Stately Homes & Gardens in Kent
- 21 Rhine River Lights Fireworks
- 22 Hotel recommendations for Turin
- 23 Confirm these things before you book yourself at B&B accommodation.
- 24 Am I too fat too travel?
- 25 lake como (italy) or lugano/lucerne (switzerland)?