I'm thinking about our next holiday, around September or October 2013, and we are thinking of going to England. We have already been to Scotland and we loved it, but now we decided to check England. I need help in checking where we can base ourselves. Now to start with we are a couple, no children, aged 30 and we like museums, cities, culture, castles and nice landscape. We use buses and trains to travel around. Now, I will fly to London Heathrow and back from London Heathrow, according to flights I land at London heathrow at around 9.30am UK time. I am thinking of the last 5 or 6 days to spend them in London and do 2 day trips from there...your help is here: What other 2 bases I can use and I can even do nice day trips from there? So London definitely, then I need to other bases...I'm ready to take a 3hr train from London after the flight to start from the North. remember that I will be using buses/trains for day trips. Can you help?
2 Weeks in England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Early stages of planning for Euro trip + would love suggestions
- 2 Our first Europe Trip Planning
- 3 Solo, inexperienced traveler struggling w/ logistics
- 4 Three ferries to Mull
- 5 Eastern Europe
- 6 Bavaria: Santa Claus and Evil Twin Krampus!
- 7 Italy + Greece in 14 days
- 8 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 9 Bayonne or St Jean de Luz
- 10 Best Location for Car Pickup in Naples
- 11 Finally in Italy for the holidays - installment report
- 12 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 13 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 14 Truffles, Tajarin & Turin…Two weeks in the Piemonte Region of Italy
- 15 Andalucia - very early trip thinking - reactions?
- 16 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 17 Luggage storage in Barcelona
- 18 Earthquakes in Tuscany
- 19 Dublin, love it or hate it? please tell me why
- 20 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 21 American Express
- 22 Airport ATMs
- 23 N Ireland / Ireland driving
- 24 Bus Tour with a toddler
- 25 Christmas markets: E Germany, Poland, Prague