I'm thinking about our next holiday, around September or October 2013, and we are thinking of going to England. We have already been to Scotland and we loved it, but now we decided to check England. I need help in checking where we can base ourselves. Now to start with we are a couple, no children, aged 30 and we like museums, cities, culture, castles and nice landscape. We use buses and trains to travel around. Now, I will fly to London Heathrow and back from London Heathrow, according to flights I land at London heathrow at around 9.30am UK time. I am thinking of the last 5 or 6 days to spend them in London and do 2 day trips from there...your help is here: What other 2 bases I can use and I can even do nice day trips from there? So London definitely, then I need to other bases...I'm ready to take a 3hr train from London after the flight to start from the North. remember that I will be using buses/trains for day trips. Can you help?
2 Weeks in England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Luxury hotel base Positano or Sorrento with 2 teen daughters
- 2 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 3 Is my plan ok
- 4 3 days and 4 nights in Switzerland
- 5 Recommended overnight stops on Iceland ring road
- 6 5 Hoosiers - help with route through Germany
- 7 London Experts - What do you think of this apartment?
- 8 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 9 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 10 2014 Ferry Boat Schedules Salerno/Amalfi/Positano Just Released
- 11 Neuschwanstein Castle from Zermatt
- 12 Portugal Trip
- 13 England's Ruined Abbeys
- 14 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 15 Paris/Prague/Budapest/Zagreb/Nice/Paris
- 16 London - Paris - Venice - Rome in 21 Days
- 17 Paris to Barcelona by car/train - including Loire/Bordeax/Carcassonne
- 18 Best places to stay in Bristol?
- 19 CROATIA - Split to Hvar Island ???
- 20 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 21 Starting to plan for 3.5 weeks in northern Spain, May 2015
- 22 Southern Spain
- 23 Reputable Tours
- 24 5 nights in Burgundy, with the kids
- 25 Spain and Portugal in Depth