I'm thinking about our next holiday, around September or October 2013, and we are thinking of going to England. We have already been to Scotland and we loved it, but now we decided to check England. I need help in checking where we can base ourselves. Now to start with we are a couple, no children, aged 30 and we like museums, cities, culture, castles and nice landscape. We use buses and trains to travel around. Now, I will fly to London Heathrow and back from London Heathrow, according to flights I land at London heathrow at around 9.30am UK time. I am thinking of the last 5 or 6 days to spend them in London and do 2 day trips from there...your help is here: What other 2 bases I can use and I can even do nice day trips from there? So London definitely, then I need to other bases...I'm ready to take a 3hr train from London after the flight to start from the North. remember that I will be using buses/trains for day trips. Can you help?
2 Weeks in England
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France Itinerary for 2 months: Please critique and advise!
- 2 St Pancras to Holburn tube station
- 3 Rue Montorgueil or 7th?
- 4 Ireland and the UK Itinerary Advice
- 5 9 days in turkey
- 6 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 7 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 8 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 9 Benefits of Living in an HOA Community of the Cindy Shearin Group
- 10 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 11 Nice Video about Poland
- 12 My Italy Itinerary for July 2014
- 13 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 14 5 days in Europe: Budapest/Berlin or Copenhagen/Talinn or something else?
- 15 Location and amenities in Edinburgh, Scotland
- 16 France/Italy Itinerary Check
- 17 Estonia Amber
- 18 Villages to stay in Germany close to trains
- 19 9 nights in Switzerland Help!Please.
- 20 Swiss pass or Individual tickets?
- 21 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 22 Great Britain Travel- London / Edinburgh
- 23 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 24 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 25 Burg Eltz