I'm thinking about our next holiday, around September or October 2013, and we are thinking of going to England. We have already been to Scotland and we loved it, but now we decided to check England. I need help in checking where we can base ourselves. Now to start with we are a couple, no children, aged 30 and we like museums, cities, culture, castles and nice landscape. We use buses and trains to travel around. Now, I will fly to London Heathrow and back from London Heathrow, according to flights I land at London heathrow at around 9.30am UK time. I am thinking of the last 5 or 6 days to spend them in London and do 2 day trips from there...your help is here: What other 2 bases I can use and I can even do nice day trips from there? So London definitely, then I need to other bases...I'm ready to take a 3hr train from London after the flight to start from the North. remember that I will be using buses/trains for day trips. Can you help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dinan or Avranches to visit Le Mont St. Michel?
- 2 France for a month in 2017
- 3 Exploring Extraordinary Extremadura
- 4 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 5 Paris restaurants in/near 12th arr.
- 6 Naples or Genoa
- 7 Stockholm Transport/ tours- Port Vartahamnen
- 8 France 2016: Paris--Avignon--Provence--Nice
- 9 a few hours in Stockholm
- 10 Amalfi Coast or the Lakes and where to fit in France?
- 11 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 12 Hallstatt to Salzburg- getting back transportation questions
- 13 Istanbul - Would you go there?
- 14 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 15 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 16 Vuerling airlines
- 17 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 18 Books and Films about/set in Southern Italy
- 19 Stonehenge After Hour tour
- 20 Flaminco recommendations for Seville September 29 to October 1
- 21 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 22 Sept. 2016 Apt. In Paris just cancelled---YIKES!
- 23 Lisbon ... Two days only ... Must see?
- 24 Day trip from Marbella to the Alhambra
- 25 Chinese visit to France