I'm thinking about our next holiday, around September or October 2013, and we are thinking of going to England. We have already been to Scotland and we loved it, but now we decided to check England. I need help in checking where we can base ourselves. Now to start with we are a couple, no children, aged 30 and we like museums, cities, culture, castles and nice landscape. We use buses and trains to travel around. Now, I will fly to London Heathrow and back from London Heathrow, according to flights I land at London heathrow at around 9.30am UK time. I am thinking of the last 5 or 6 days to spend them in London and do 2 day trips from there...your help is here: What other 2 bases I can use and I can even do nice day trips from there? So London definitely, then I need to other bases...I'm ready to take a 3hr train from London after the flight to start from the North. remember that I will be using buses/trains for day trips. Can you help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visa for one Schengen Country, and traveling with EU spouse and children
- 2 Our week in Scotland—“againn san t-seachdain ann an Alba”
- 3 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 4 Budapest Hotels
- 5 First time in France
- 6 14 days in Greece itinerary ???
- 7 When is Pope's schedule released for 2017?
- 8 Naples, Amalfi coast and Puglia - suggestions please.
- 9 Planning a self drive tour of the uk next april
- 10 My trip to Cornwall, bookended by weekends in London
- 11 Portugal itinerary help
- 12 First Time Solo Travel info
- 13 Prague hotels
- 14 The Princess Diaries: My Three Week Odyssey In Poland And Romania
- 15 Trip Report: Krakow and Warsaw
- 16 Thoughts on an unusual itinerary for Northern Spain please
- 17 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 18 Espagne, Olé! Ancient to modern, through Andalucia, Toledo and Madrid
- 19 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 20 Munich
- 21 What to wear visiting England and France during winter?
- 22 One month in southern Spain with little ones. Where to stay?
- 23 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 24 2 Months around Europe and the Balkans. Need help with itinerary!
- 25 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th