I'm thinking about our next holiday, around September or October 2013, and we are thinking of going to England. We have already been to Scotland and we loved it, but now we decided to check England. I need help in checking where we can base ourselves. Now to start with we are a couple, no children, aged 30 and we like museums, cities, culture, castles and nice landscape. We use buses and trains to travel around. Now, I will fly to London Heathrow and back from London Heathrow, according to flights I land at London heathrow at around 9.30am UK time. I am thinking of the last 5 or 6 days to spend them in London and do 2 day trips from there...your help is here: What other 2 bases I can use and I can even do nice day trips from there? So London definitely, then I need to other bases...I'm ready to take a 3hr train from London after the flight to start from the North. remember that I will be using buses/trains for day trips. Can you help?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Amsterdam and beyond
- 2 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 3 Booking flights! Best timing for kids?
- 4 Paris Vacation Rentals in 2015
- 5 RTVE article on Spain ATM fees
- 6 2 Week Balkan Adventure
- 7 Trains to and from Granada
- 8 Natinoal parks, which one?
- 9 Montpellier - A few questions
- 10 Vienna or Munich
- 11 Day trips from London advice
- 12 Transportation for 16+- in Italy
- 13 IDP for Scotland
- 14 Euro railways
- 15 Pompei Excursion from Sorrento? What do you think of this estimate?
- 16 Rhine / Mosel Rivers in Germany and Beyond
- 17 Cantabria, Asturias, Galacia - Itinerary help please
- 18 Vienna restaurants?
- 19 My summer in Paris
- 20 Itinerary help for 17 night trip to Spain and France October
- 21 Has anyone gone through the UK marriage visa process?
- 22 Best home base for a week in the Italian Lakes?
- 23 Ljubljana – Trieste – Croatia – Itinerary and Car Rental Questions
- 24 French countryside/wine country
- 25 Best Boat Tour Around Capri?