I'm planning for a holiday in September for 2 weeks and I was thinking of going to Denmark. Now I have some questions and I need some advice and ideas. To help you, we are a 30 year old couple, we like nature, museums, and nice cities, we are not really on a very tight budget but we are sort of medium. We prefer to use trains or buses to go around.
1. Is spending 2 weeks in Copenhagen too much (note we will do day trips to other places)
2. What 3 nice cities can I use as bases?
3. Any trains that can take me there directly, not too long?
The issue is that I will fly from Malta, and the only airports there are Copenhagen and Billund and in both locations I arrive late. I was thinking of landing in Hamburg and take a train to a base in Denmark and start from there.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Italy for Christmas Week
- 2 Where to spend a week in Italy
- 3 train or plane
- 4 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 5 Help with timeline. Connecting flights in London Gatwick
- 6 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 7 Planning a European Trip
- 8 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 9 Norway Itinerary
- 10 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 11 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 12 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 13 Trip Report Crete May 2016
- 14 Krakow glass Christmas ornaments
- 15 About to buy tickets to Greece - advice please!
- 16 Base for wine tasting and last night in Lisbon
- 17 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 18 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 19 Question about National Visa to Tourist Visa
- 20 A Month stay in Southern France
- 21 restaurants in Marais district
- 22 Roughing out a train/car trip from London to Scotland
- 23 Need help with itinerary & trains
- 24 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 25 Enough time to make connection at CDG?