Together with my wife we are thinking of going to Bavaria from September 20th up to 6th October. We like to see museums, landscapes, palaces/castles and nice towns and I think that the Bavaria region is full of these. We will fly into Munich and out of Munich, so I prefer that the last base will be Munich, during Octoberfest. What other 2 towns/cities do you suggest that I can base myself in apart from Munich? Important that from these bases I can reach other towns or sightseeing for day trips using trains or public transport. (I have already been to Switzerland and Austria). Any help please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Thello night train from Paris to Rome?
- 2 Andalucia in December
- 3 Hotel Bonaparte, Paris
- 4 Lost ring
- 5 Budapest Hotels
- 6 Vienna or Budapest?
- 7 Sliema, Malta
- 8 Chatsworth/Hardwick Hall Timing
- 9 Swiss Pass dilemma
- 10 Looking for supermarkets, grocery shops in Valletta
- 11 London's Must Sights!
- 12 Poland & Ukraine Summer 2017
- 13 Holiday trip with kids - suggestions please!
- 14 10 days Ireland June 30-July 11th, 2017
- 15 Lake Garda, Where to stay
- 16 Apartment Review - Amsterdam
- 17 Britain's contactless public transport revolution moves to Oxford
- 18 First trip to Italy
- 19 England and Wales by public transport
- 20 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 21 Ireland & Scotland
- 22 Scenic Driving Routes
- 23 Van Gogh Museum advice
- 24 Hotels in Dubruvnick
- 25 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna