Together with my wife we are thinking of going to Bavaria from September 20th up to 6th October. We like to see museums, landscapes, palaces/castles and nice towns and I think that the Bavaria region is full of these. We will fly into Munich and out of Munich, so I prefer that the last base will be Munich, during Octoberfest. What other 2 towns/cities do you suggest that I can base myself in apart from Munich? Important that from these bases I can reach other towns or sightseeing for day trips using trains or public transport. (I have already been to Switzerland and Austria). Any help please?
2 Weeks in Bavaria region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 2 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 3 Venice canal boats--best deals?
- 4 Train to Airport in Venice
- 5 Golfing in Ireland
- 6 Day trips from Seville
- 7 Must see in Dubrovnik
- 8 Advice for budget trip to Venice, espec trains & Groupons
- 9 Croatia in August - 2 weeks, 2 kids
- 10 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 11 Foie gras, redux
- 12 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 13 Short-stay apartment in Italy -- common practices?
- 14 Travel over Col du Puymorens and lunch.
- 15 Ireland 8 day Itinerary help
- 16 Hire car seville to lisbon
- 17 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 18 Nice, Avignon, St Remy and Toulouse trip report.
- 19 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 20 Help with Itinerary please!!!!
- 21 Prague, Budapest & Croatia +Krakow?
- 22 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 23 Airport to Piraeus
- 24 Trieste and Koper
- 25 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace