Together with my wife we are thinking of going to Bavaria from September 20th up to 6th October. We like to see museums, landscapes, palaces/castles and nice towns and I think that the Bavaria region is full of these. We will fly into Munich and out of Munich, so I prefer that the last base will be Munich, during Octoberfest. What other 2 towns/cities do you suggest that I can base myself in apart from Munich? Important that from these bases I can reach other towns or sightseeing for day trips using trains or public transport. (I have already been to Switzerland and Austria). Any help please?
2 Weeks in Bavaria region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sorrento - 2.5 days itinerary help
- 2 London hotel tax is 20%
- 3 Blackpool Lights 2014: Tripping the Lights Fantastic in Northern England!
- 4 Frankfurt Airport: 2 hours from touchdown to train. Go for it???
- 5 I was (partially) wrong about debit cards vs. cash
- 6 Finalizing our Austria and Switzerland trip - last minute advice?
- 7 Which to fly into....Milan or Rome?
- 8 Aaah...Umbria!
- 9 Paul Bocuse restaurant in Lyon
- 10 Cheap way to go from milan to munich, Salzburg, Berlin then back to milan
- 11 ParisBestLodge Marais Apartment
- 12 Ghent or Paris?
- 13 Trip Report: Arles, Dordogne and Paris, June-July 2014
- 14 Weather in the dolomites
- 15 May in southern Italy--Sorrento/Capri and Puglia
- 16 How do you organize yourself on vacation?
- 17 Prague Tour Guides and Castle Tickets
- 18 Paris-Immersion School in the Dordogne-Languedoc-Aix & Lessons Learned
- 19 Help for San Sebastian
- 20 great restaurant choice for normandy
- 21 Where to go for 3 nights in northern Italy
- 22 Forma Urbis Fragments in Capitoline Museum?
- 23 Finalizing plans for September trip - is this doable
- 24 Keeping it el cheapo in Copenhagen Paris and Barcelona!
- 25 Portugal - Coastal Guidance