Together with my wife we are thinking of going to Bavaria from September 20th up to 6th October. We like to see museums, landscapes, palaces/castles and nice towns and I think that the Bavaria region is full of these. We will fly into Munich and out of Munich, so I prefer that the last base will be Munich, during Octoberfest. What other 2 towns/cities do you suggest that I can base myself in apart from Munich? Important that from these bases I can reach other towns or sightseeing for day trips using trains or public transport. (I have already been to Switzerland and Austria). Any help please?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Old European currency
- 2 Not-so-Expensive Restaurants in Copenhagen, Stockholm and Oslo
- 3 Transportation from Gothenburg airport to the Center
- 4 Another Visit to London
- 5 Three days in Athens
- 6 Feedback Please: Honeymoon Itinerary....first draft
- 7 hotel in Prague
- 8 HeathrowAirport to bakery
- 9 Prague to Dresden in Aug
- 10 Air France / Delta flight to Europe comfort upgrade
- 11 Suggestions for 6 days in Central Europe (Hungary/around there)
- 12 Free walking tours in Budapest and Prague
- 13 London-Paris solo trip
- 14 3 days Venice to Paris
- 15 Eiffel Tower in mid-June without pre-booking
- 16 Versailles or Mont St Michel ?
- 17 Pre-booking colosseum tour tickets - help needed
- 18 Favorite eateries in the Balkan States
- 19 The Tweesters Travel with Tito: 2 weeks in Bosnia, Croatia, Slovenia
- 20 transfer from Eurostar to London hotel
- 21 Northern Italy
- 22 Where can I get pre-euro banknotes?
- 23 Lucca to Florence with side trips
- 24 Europe in Two Weeks, what is possible?
- 25 Five City European Vacation thru Groupon