Together with my wife we are thinking of going to Bavaria from September 20th up to 6th October. We like to see museums, landscapes, palaces/castles and nice towns and I think that the Bavaria region is full of these. We will fly into Munich and out of Munich, so I prefer that the last base will be Munich, during Octoberfest. What other 2 towns/cities do you suggest that I can base myself in apart from Munich? Important that from these bases I can reach other towns or sightseeing for day trips using trains or public transport. (I have already been to Switzerland and Austria). Any help please?
2 Weeks in Bavaria region
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naples Italy as base for coast?
- 2 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 3 We are off to France again!!
- 4 Car insurance in Europe...
- 5 Is Cognac worth an overnight between Sarlat and La Rochelle?
- 6 iDTGV Sales Open Today for Travel through September 11, 2014
- 7 Free public transportation on 14-15-16 March in Paris & Wallonia
- 8 Athens & 1 island.. 7 days.. what to chose?
- 9 Chiusi or Pitigliano area - Help in choosing for Etruscan aspects
- 10 GRAUBUNDEN: exploring Pontresina, Sils, Poschiavo, Zernez, Guarda, Scuol
- 11 Signal strength of T-Mobile phones in UK, Denmark, & Sweden
- 12 Not hot in Europe in July?
- 13 Pays Basque, attention SPAIN afficianados:
- 14 ROME
- 15 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 16 Best small medieval towns & villages in/near Val d'Orcia
- 17 Baby Stroller/Pram travel in Italy and Switzerland
- 18 Short Cruises on the Mediterranean
- 19 Summer weather in Bordeaux, SW France?
- 20 bath or york
- 21 Antwerp or Bruges?
- 22 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 23 Best Time to Buy Eurostar Tickets
- 24 Trip report from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, & Italy
- 25 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island