I am wondering if someone could help me in planning a trip to Europe.
My partner and I are starting off in Paris and wish to see all the main attractions in the centre of Paris. We then plan to travel to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (then back to Paris). What are the best options for transportation? I have been looking into eurail passes but they don't seem to be that economical and don't get you transport on all the trains!
I am under 25 so hiring a car is a bit out of the question.
Would it be better to travel around Paris using the metro and then just pay for a high speed train ticket between Paris and Belgium and then trains from Belgium to the Netherlands and then Netherlands to Germany, etc.?
We are planning on going to the main attractions in the countries mentioned and would like to also visit a chocolate factory and a concentration camp. What are the best ones to visit in the countries I have listed?
Is 2 weeks enough time to see these 4 countries? ( we were originally planning on visiting Switzerland also - would that be out of the question to also visit in the 2 weeks we have? ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled to Europe before. We are on a tight budget and would prefer to stay in the Ibis Budget motels in or around all the major cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dynamic Currency Conversion is Alive & Well in Paris
- 2 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 3 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 4 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe
- 5 Return to Rome Pre Cruise Trip Report October 2016
- 6 Advices about our itiniary
- 7 Why Not Helsinki?
- 8 X-ray machines at train stations in Europe?
- 9 Must be the season of the witch: Nikki's autumn trip to London and Paris
- 10 Oct vs Nov for Greece
- 11 Inverness Northern Lights?
- 12 Dublin Ireland Hotel Advice for early June
- 13 advice on my 3 month backpacking trip itinerary?
- 14 Places to visit staying in Como
- 15 Critique my Budapest itinerary please!
- 16 How a Greek DIY expert ended up on a Greek Island Cruise
- 17 Sample European Itinerary for a solo traveler.
- 18 Mona Lisait Returns
- 19 Do i need a Swiss Half-fare travelcard?
- 20 Need Help with Locations of Naples Apartments
- 21 Churches of the East Riding of Yorkshire
- 22 Morning in paris
- 23 Paris Under Seige...
- 24 thursdaysd Wanders South
- 25 Itinerary help