I am wondering if someone could help me in planning a trip to Europe.
My partner and I are starting off in Paris and wish to see all the main attractions in the centre of Paris. We then plan to travel to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (then back to Paris). What are the best options for transportation? I have been looking into eurail passes but they don't seem to be that economical and don't get you transport on all the trains!
I am under 25 so hiring a car is a bit out of the question.
Would it be better to travel around Paris using the metro and then just pay for a high speed train ticket between Paris and Belgium and then trains from Belgium to the Netherlands and then Netherlands to Germany, etc.?
We are planning on going to the main attractions in the countries mentioned and would like to also visit a chocolate factory and a concentration camp. What are the best ones to visit in the countries I have listed?
Is 2 weeks enough time to see these 4 countries? ( we were originally planning on visiting Switzerland also - would that be out of the question to also visit in the 2 weeks we have? ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled to Europe before. We are on a tight budget and would prefer to stay in the Ibis Budget motels in or around all the major cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Trip Report: Bellagio, Milan, Venice, Cinque Terre and Piedmont
- 2 Milan, Venice, Bellagio, Piedmont wine country, a day in the Cinque Terre
- 3 Naples?
- 4 Avignon: hotel l'europe or cloitre st louis and gordes
- 5 Where do I buy distilled water in Italy?
- 6 If you can travel anywhere, Where would you travel?
- 7 Barcelona Itinerary
- 8 Jewelry in Bologna, Italy
- 9 Outer Hebrides and north
- 10 Trying to figure out the Copenhagen metro
- 11 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 12 Advice on Tuscan hilltowns itinerary
- 13 RailPass England / Scotland?
- 14 Travelling from Marseille Airport into the city
- 15 One day in Paris!
- 16 A plethora of islands
- 17 Lake Garda itinerary
- 18 Female solo traveler going to Barcelona by myself for 6 weeks?
- 19 6 nights in Portugal? Suggestions?
- 20 Welltravbrit's London Sojourn - An Ongoing Trip Report
- 21 Getting from Venice airport to Venice train station:how long?
- 22 Rome Walking Guide
- 23 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 24 Nice - nightlife / live music
- 25 TR: Solo in DUBLIN for BLOOMSDAY, an Irish literary odyssey