I am wondering if someone could help me in planning a trip to Europe.
My partner and I are starting off in Paris and wish to see all the main attractions in the centre of Paris. We then plan to travel to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (then back to Paris). What are the best options for transportation? I have been looking into eurail passes but they don't seem to be that economical and don't get you transport on all the trains!
I am under 25 so hiring a car is a bit out of the question.
Would it be better to travel around Paris using the metro and then just pay for a high speed train ticket between Paris and Belgium and then trains from Belgium to the Netherlands and then Netherlands to Germany, etc.?
We are planning on going to the main attractions in the countries mentioned and would like to also visit a chocolate factory and a concentration camp. What are the best ones to visit in the countries I have listed?
Is 2 weeks enough time to see these 4 countries? ( we were originally planning on visiting Switzerland also - would that be out of the question to also visit in the 2 weeks we have? ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled to Europe before. We are on a tight budget and would prefer to stay in the Ibis Budget motels in or around all the major cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 2 12 days in Italy
- 3 Sunday Markets in Paris
- 4 Small-group day tours from London?
- 5 Barcelona - senior discounts?
- 6 Two UK GTGs - Edinburgh 25 Aug., London 1 Sept.
- 7 Brussels - the Netherlands day trip, where to go?
- 8 Shuttle Service in Paris
- 9 Malaga and the lost wallet
- 10 Madrid, 5 nights which neighborhood
- 11 A Little Taste of Burgundy To Start Our 2016 Trip...Questions.
- 12 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 13 The Birthday Celebration in Italy!
- 14 Leaving for Tuscany in 3 weeks!
- 15 Barcelona, 4 nights which neighborhood?
- 16 A short trip to Barcelona
- 17 Our Next Europe Trip
- 18 Stay in Florence or smaller hill town in Tuscany?
- 19 Sagrada Familia Ticket Choices
- 20 Bus Tours in London
- 21 9 days in Austria. Vienna plus 4 days w/car, Salzburg, then train back
- 22 How to rent a car...
- 23 Best location to stay in Seville
- 24 18 days until first time in France - overwhelmed by choices!
- 25 Car and Driver Milan Airport to Stresa