I am wondering if someone could help me in planning a trip to Europe.
My partner and I are starting off in Paris and wish to see all the main attractions in the centre of Paris. We then plan to travel to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (then back to Paris). What are the best options for transportation? I have been looking into eurail passes but they don't seem to be that economical and don't get you transport on all the trains!
I am under 25 so hiring a car is a bit out of the question.
Would it be better to travel around Paris using the metro and then just pay for a high speed train ticket between Paris and Belgium and then trains from Belgium to the Netherlands and then Netherlands to Germany, etc.?
We are planning on going to the main attractions in the countries mentioned and would like to also visit a chocolate factory and a concentration camp. What are the best ones to visit in the countries I have listed?
Is 2 weeks enough time to see these 4 countries? ( we were originally planning on visiting Switzerland also - would that be out of the question to also visit in the 2 weeks we have? ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled to Europe before. We are on a tight budget and would prefer to stay in the Ibis Budget motels in or around all the major cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Cheshire, England Hotelsq
- 2 Amalfi Coast in June
- 3 Rental Cars and paying the electronic tolls in Portugal
- 4 Where to go after Venice Italy?
- 5 Madrid & Barcelona Questions
- 6 Trouble in Istanbul or just precautions?
- 7 How to Spot an American in Europe
- 8 Paris (relax), Amboise, Loire (bicycle)
- 9 Rome, Florence, Venice
- 10 Barcelona - Am I the only one who wasn't blown away?
- 11 Thinking of ROME? Really???
- 12 Paris dining-with teens
- 13 Paris GTG - October 21
- 14 First Weekend in Switzerland
- 15 Romantic Honeymoon Ideas for Jan end/early Feb 2016 please!
- 16 Hanover, Germany, where to eat and stay
- 17 Exploring the neighbourhoods of Berlin
- 18 Fall 2015 Balkans Trip Report - Mostly Croatia & Slovenia
- 19 Tbilisi in Georgia, let yourself be charmed!
- 20 Ferrari Factory
- 21 A romantic weekend in Paris with outstanding food!
- 22 Poblenou is the place to be in Barcelona!
- 23 Almería for 3 nights in January?
- 24 Christmas in Germany
- 25 Another Paris Trip Report