I am wondering if someone could help me in planning a trip to Europe.
My partner and I are starting off in Paris and wish to see all the main attractions in the centre of Paris. We then plan to travel to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (then back to Paris). What are the best options for transportation? I have been looking into eurail passes but they don't seem to be that economical and don't get you transport on all the trains!
I am under 25 so hiring a car is a bit out of the question.
Would it be better to travel around Paris using the metro and then just pay for a high speed train ticket between Paris and Belgium and then trains from Belgium to the Netherlands and then Netherlands to Germany, etc.?
We are planning on going to the main attractions in the countries mentioned and would like to also visit a chocolate factory and a concentration camp. What are the best ones to visit in the countries I have listed?
Is 2 weeks enough time to see these 4 countries? ( we were originally planning on visiting Switzerland also - would that be out of the question to also visit in the 2 weeks we have? ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled to Europe before. We are on a tight budget and would prefer to stay in the Ibis Budget motels in or around all the major cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 2 Greek Islands - Which to use as our base?
- 3 Rome or Lisbon during end of November? Please help me pick
- 4 Driving through Paris
- 5 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 6 Need help with ideas for stopover location
- 7 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 8 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 9 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 10 Train Questions: Getting a Train to Bruges And One Random Question
- 11 Spanish Medical Providers
- 12 Barcelona alternative
- 13 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 14 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 15 Help with Portugal Itinerary Please
- 16 Lisbon
- 17 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 18 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
- 19 Sicily in feb? If not, where to from Israel?
- 20 Italy Car Scam
- 21 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 22 Road trip with our dog
- 23 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 24 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 25 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP