I am wondering if someone could help me in planning a trip to Europe.
My partner and I are starting off in Paris and wish to see all the main attractions in the centre of Paris. We then plan to travel to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (then back to Paris). What are the best options for transportation? I have been looking into eurail passes but they don't seem to be that economical and don't get you transport on all the trains!
I am under 25 so hiring a car is a bit out of the question.
Would it be better to travel around Paris using the metro and then just pay for a high speed train ticket between Paris and Belgium and then trains from Belgium to the Netherlands and then Netherlands to Germany, etc.?
We are planning on going to the main attractions in the countries mentioned and would like to also visit a chocolate factory and a concentration camp. What are the best ones to visit in the countries I have listed?
Is 2 weeks enough time to see these 4 countries? ( we were originally planning on visiting Switzerland also - would that be out of the question to also visit in the 2 weeks we have? ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled to Europe before. We are on a tight budget and would prefer to stay in the Ibis Budget motels in or around all the major cities.
2 weeks 4 countries
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Prague - Tram #22
- 2 Prague 3 nights - Top 10 things to do
- 3 European neo-nazis head Ukraine to save the white power
- 4 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 5 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 6 RentalCars.com: Is it a reliable company?
- 7 one last portugal car rental question
- 8 French embassy schengen visa related questions
- 9 Flamenco -- Cordoba, Seville or Granada?
- 10 We saw London, we saw France as well as The Netherlands and Belgium
- 11 hotels in Seville
- 12 direct plane flight from sicily to Granada
- 13 Questions on Ferry from Bodrum to Rhodes
- 14 Amsterdam -Belgium -Germany -Amsterdam
- 15 A drive in Europe
- 16 NATIONAL PARKS IN CROATIA (PLITVICE & KRKA)
- 17 nearby cities to london
- 18 Edinburgh To St. Andrews
- 19 York, Lakes District in early May good choice? Or Elsewhere?
- 20 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 21 best neighborhood/area to stay in rome?
- 22 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 23 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 24 Rafting with Extreme Waves!
- 25 Porto -City Break