I am wondering if someone could help me in planning a trip to Europe.
My partner and I are starting off in Paris and wish to see all the main attractions in the centre of Paris. We then plan to travel to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (then back to Paris). What are the best options for transportation? I have been looking into eurail passes but they don't seem to be that economical and don't get you transport on all the trains!
I am under 25 so hiring a car is a bit out of the question.
Would it be better to travel around Paris using the metro and then just pay for a high speed train ticket between Paris and Belgium and then trains from Belgium to the Netherlands and then Netherlands to Germany, etc.?
We are planning on going to the main attractions in the countries mentioned and would like to also visit a chocolate factory and a concentration camp. What are the best ones to visit in the countries I have listed?
Is 2 weeks enough time to see these 4 countries? ( we were originally planning on visiting Switzerland also - would that be out of the question to also visit in the 2 weeks we have? ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled to Europe before. We are on a tight budget and would prefer to stay in the Ibis Budget motels in or around all the major cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 BNL ATMs
- 2 Age requirement for hotels in Europe
- 3 Spring Spain Itinerary
- 4 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 5 Planning Advice!
- 6 Driving Vespa's in Florence
- 7 Paris Looses $846 Million in Tourism
- 8 How to divide 4 weeks of lakes and mountains with kids in Italy?
- 9 Wine Harvest in Italy 2016 - when?
- 10 A very late conclusion to Solo Christmas/December trip - Paris
- 11 Our European adventures
- 12 Crete (and Santorini ) Trip Report
- 13 Scotland November 2015
- 14 1 day trip from Nice
- 15 Norway holiday locations
- 16 NORMANDY TRIPS (+ Madrid)
- 17 Iphone Charger in a Car in Europe?
- 18 Help with itinerary
- 19 Banks Mansion Amsterdam hotel
- 20 Calling Flamenco fans including Kimhe
- 21 How to spend a glorious week in Switzerland?
- 22 Day Trip to Santa Margarhertia Ligure, Portofino, and Camogli
- 23 To Varenna from Milan Malpensa: By car or by train?
- 24 Seeking suggestions: Bavaria, Austria, Prague Trip in Fall
- 25 Northern Italy in mid-October