I am wondering if someone could help me in planning a trip to Europe.
My partner and I are starting off in Paris and wish to see all the main attractions in the centre of Paris. We then plan to travel to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (then back to Paris). What are the best options for transportation? I have been looking into eurail passes but they don't seem to be that economical and don't get you transport on all the trains!
I am under 25 so hiring a car is a bit out of the question.
Would it be better to travel around Paris using the metro and then just pay for a high speed train ticket between Paris and Belgium and then trains from Belgium to the Netherlands and then Netherlands to Germany, etc.?
We are planning on going to the main attractions in the countries mentioned and would like to also visit a chocolate factory and a concentration camp. What are the best ones to visit in the countries I have listed?
Is 2 weeks enough time to see these 4 countries? ( we were originally planning on visiting Switzerland also - would that be out of the question to also visit in the 2 weeks we have? ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled to Europe before. We are on a tight budget and would prefer to stay in the Ibis Budget motels in or around all the major cities.
2 weeks 4 countries
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 How long to allow for layover at CDG going from MRS to ATL
- 2 Christmas Market Battle: Vienna/Salzburg/Munich
- 3 European Geography Quiz - #1 - Longest Rivers?
- 4 Rome, Naples, Florence, Venice with 4 teenagers, 1 kid, 19 days perfect!
- 5 Itinerary help, England/Wales
- 6 booking hotels on trip advisor vs booking.com, etc
- 7 Paris in January: 2 Days
- 8 NO use of the Wheeled- Suitcases allowed in Venice!! Fine: 500 Euros!!
- 9 Moving to Belfast
- 10 Luggage sizing
- 11 Need Some Italy Planning Help
- 12 Amsterdam safety concerns - red light district?
- 13 Winter honeymoon - Switzerland? Italian Alps? Other?
- 14 Madrid - Bernina Express
- 15 London during Christmas week
- 16 Another Trip of Discovery of Feminine Charm with DW and DD the Younger
- 17 Arriving Boxing Day London
- 18 Barcelona and/or ??? with another family
- 19 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 20 Amsterdam--where to stay??
- 21 ParisScope: Will City Stand for a New Tour Montparnasse?
- 22 Visiting Europe in April 2015
- 23 2 week trip - Amsterdam - Berlin - Munich -Prague
- 24 Eleanor's Pages
- 25 LIVIGNO - Ski School