I am wondering if someone could help me in planning a trip to Europe.
My partner and I are starting off in Paris and wish to see all the main attractions in the centre of Paris. We then plan to travel to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (then back to Paris). What are the best options for transportation? I have been looking into eurail passes but they don't seem to be that economical and don't get you transport on all the trains!
I am under 25 so hiring a car is a bit out of the question.
Would it be better to travel around Paris using the metro and then just pay for a high speed train ticket between Paris and Belgium and then trains from Belgium to the Netherlands and then Netherlands to Germany, etc.?
We are planning on going to the main attractions in the countries mentioned and would like to also visit a chocolate factory and a concentration camp. What are the best ones to visit in the countries I have listed?
Is 2 weeks enough time to see these 4 countries? ( we were originally planning on visiting Switzerland also - would that be out of the question to also visit in the 2 weeks we have? ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled to Europe before. We are on a tight budget and would prefer to stay in the Ibis Budget motels in or around all the major cities.
2 weeks 4 countries
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Mittenwald (or general vicinity)
- 2 A few ( stupid) questions 1st time to Paris
- 3 Warning NEVER BOOK at Castro Exclusive Residences Barcelona!
- 4 Walking and Hiking around Nice
- 5 Top 10 Don't Miss -- ROI and NI
- 6 Loire Valley - Private Driver/Guide
- 7 Italy Trip: Another Scrap With Friction
- 8 Trip report: Kayaking, Riding and fall in Split, Croatia
- 9 ...Got a speeding ticket in Spain...
- 10 Live ( almost) report from Greece!
- 11 Backpacking Europe in the Winter
- 12 NCAA Pigskin Week Six ? Picks?
- 13 Tentative Itinerary for London & south east UK
- 14 Parma- Uh, Oops- Historic Dist. Ticket
- 15 Can you help me with an Oyster Card?
- 16 "Or Like in Europe Where Folks Share Tables to Save Space"
- 17 Travel between Madrid and Caceres
- 18 A nine day whirl through Istanbul and Cappadocia
- 19 60 Minutes: Scathing Review of Italy's Care of Cultural Heritage...
- 20 Question on France travel
- 21 Lavido, Ireland? Where is it??
- 22 Public holiday Prague 17 Nov
- 23 Sweden For Christmas Ideas
- 24 Roaming Romania, Take Two
- 25 BEST OF FRANCE ROAD TRIP IN 30 DAYS- MAY 15