I am wondering if someone could help me in planning a trip to Europe.
My partner and I are starting off in Paris and wish to see all the main attractions in the centre of Paris. We then plan to travel to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (then back to Paris). What are the best options for transportation? I have been looking into eurail passes but they don't seem to be that economical and don't get you transport on all the trains!
I am under 25 so hiring a car is a bit out of the question.
Would it be better to travel around Paris using the metro and then just pay for a high speed train ticket between Paris and Belgium and then trains from Belgium to the Netherlands and then Netherlands to Germany, etc.?
We are planning on going to the main attractions in the countries mentioned and would like to also visit a chocolate factory and a concentration camp. What are the best ones to visit in the countries I have listed?
Is 2 weeks enough time to see these 4 countries? ( we were originally planning on visiting Switzerland also - would that be out of the question to also visit in the 2 weeks we have? ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled to Europe before. We are on a tight budget and would prefer to stay in the Ibis Budget motels in or around all the major cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car rental in Europe (Kemwel)
- 2 Restaurant recommendation for Sunday lunch
- 3 Portugal In A Week-The Places You'd Go Back To
- 4 Help with basic itinerary
- 5 Easter Week in Europe, Destination Suggestions Please
- 6 10 days in Germany, Itinerary help please!
- 7 Which city order makes most sense?
- 8 Greece and Italy Combo
- 9 Munich Hotel Location
- 10 Meaning of BSB as type of German train/bus
- 11 Transport from palace of versailles to Grand Trianon
- 12 Advice getting from Robin Hood's Bay to London
- 13 Versailles - Much More than the Palace!
- 14 Valencia, Spain
- 15 Visit to Engand
- 16 Clean up spam
- 17 Bordeaux, la Rochelle, Toulouse & Garonne-by bike, self-drive boat & car
- 18 Restaurants in Spain
- 19 Hurtigruten port suggestion
- 20 Nowhere 'safe' : London attack
- 21 Is Sicily Safe?
- 22 credit and debit cards
- 23 Gardens & GTGs
- 24 A birthday dinner in Sevilla
- 25 Transportation Question Italy