I am wondering if someone could help me in planning a trip to Europe.
My partner and I are starting off in Paris and wish to see all the main attractions in the centre of Paris. We then plan to travel to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (then back to Paris). What are the best options for transportation? I have been looking into eurail passes but they don't seem to be that economical and don't get you transport on all the trains!
I am under 25 so hiring a car is a bit out of the question.
Would it be better to travel around Paris using the metro and then just pay for a high speed train ticket between Paris and Belgium and then trains from Belgium to the Netherlands and then Netherlands to Germany, etc.?
We are planning on going to the main attractions in the countries mentioned and would like to also visit a chocolate factory and a concentration camp. What are the best ones to visit in the countries I have listed?
Is 2 weeks enough time to see these 4 countries? ( we were originally planning on visiting Switzerland also - would that be out of the question to also visit in the 2 weeks we have? ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled to Europe before. We are on a tight budget and would prefer to stay in the Ibis Budget motels in or around all the major cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Barcelona on budget
- 2 Gas/Petrol shortages in France?
- 3 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 4 http://www.supplementoffers.org/skinnoir-cream/
- 5 Food glorious food - restaurant suggestions
- 6 http://thedropnet.com/curvy-bust
- 7 Best way to get out of London and rent a car?
- 8 Ireland - Northern or Western
- 9 Solo backpacking for 5 weeks
- 10 Plug ins for London and Paris
- 11 Touring Switzerland, Germany, and Austria
- 12 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 13 Provence to Nice driving
- 14 Cross Border Car Rental in Balkans
- 15 Hiking in Tyrol Austria
- 16 Catalunya, Cathars and Castles (and vino!)
- 17 Scandinavia Itinerary Advice
- 18 10 Day Trip to Prague, Salzburg, Munich
- 19 Venice, Italy to Amalfi coast
- 20 German Train travel
- 21 Portugal Beaches 3-4 days
- 22 Documentation Entering/Leaving Schengen Region
- 23 France: advice on where to go with young kids
- 24 Best 1 Day Bike Tour in Amsterdam
- 25 Help planning a driving trip in Eastern Europe in July