I am wondering if someone could help me in planning a trip to Europe.
My partner and I are starting off in Paris and wish to see all the main attractions in the centre of Paris. We then plan to travel to Belgium, the Netherlands and Germany (then back to Paris). What are the best options for transportation? I have been looking into eurail passes but they don't seem to be that economical and don't get you transport on all the trains!
I am under 25 so hiring a car is a bit out of the question.
Would it be better to travel around Paris using the metro and then just pay for a high speed train ticket between Paris and Belgium and then trains from Belgium to the Netherlands and then Netherlands to Germany, etc.?
We are planning on going to the main attractions in the countries mentioned and would like to also visit a chocolate factory and a concentration camp. What are the best ones to visit in the countries I have listed?
Is 2 weeks enough time to see these 4 countries? ( we were originally planning on visiting Switzerland also - would that be out of the question to also visit in the 2 weeks we have? ).
Any help would be greatly appreciated as we have never travelled to Europe before. We are on a tight budget and would prefer to stay in the Ibis Budget motels in or around all the major cities.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Tips on our visit to Edinburgh, Glencoe, Skye
- 2 Help with Crete Itinerary
- 3 Keukenhof in May?
- 4 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 5 tickets for Wimbledon
- 6 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 7 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 8 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 9 Insurance on rental car options
- 10 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 11 Granada to Seville driving day trip
- 12 Istanbul at Easter
- 13 Happy birthday ATM
- 14 Renting a car in Greece
- 15 15 day honeymoon trip in December
- 16 24 hours in Paris
- 17 Travel from Cinque Terra to Pezenaz, France
- 18 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 19 Italy- dolomites and cinque terre
- 20 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 21 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 22 Searching for a restaurant in Le Marais for Sunday lunch in August
- 23 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 24 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 25 Hotel Recommendations in Paris