I am planning a 2 week family trip (with wife and 10 year old son) to the UK. My tentative plan is somewhat like this:
Fly to Heathrow and transit direct to Edinburgh (2 days) --> Lake District (2 days) --> York (2 days) --> Cotswolds district (4 days, take Cotswolds as a base for me to explore Cardiff, Bath, Stonehenge and Oxford) --> London and surrounding area (5 days).
I need advice on whether it is a good idea to take Cotswolds as a base (in terms of ease of transport). Any other advice on my plan is much welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 lurento sports car rental - anyone?
- 2 How the kids age calculated
- 3 Transferring from LCY to LHR . PLEASE HELP
- 4 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 5 Firt time VISA applicant
- 6 LHR airport and hotel pick up times for Justairports.com
- 7 Uffizi Phone Number
- 8 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 9 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 10 Aix Provence
- 11 Sintra
- 12 Cordoba Overnight?
- 13 Short stay London with Aussie kids or not?
- 14 4 Days In Northern Italy advice
- 15 Where to stay in September in the Swiss Alps
- 16 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 17 Suggestions for Switzerland-Italy Trip??
- 18 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 19 Murren to Prague
- 20 Vegetarian Food in Spain & Portugal
- 21 Ger's Trip to Rome & Bologna
- 22 Should I book my own guide for the Lourve and Versaille?
- 23 Ireland Trip Itenary
- 24 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 25 10 days Greece in mid-Sept 2017