I am planning a 2 week family trip (with wife and 10 year old son) to the UK. My tentative plan is somewhat like this:
Fly to Heathrow and transit direct to Edinburgh (2 days) --> Lake District (2 days) --> York (2 days) --> Cotswolds district (4 days, take Cotswolds as a base for me to explore Cardiff, Bath, Stonehenge and Oxford) --> London and surrounding area (5 days).
I need advice on whether it is a good idea to take Cotswolds as a base (in terms of ease of transport). Any other advice on my plan is much welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bob Dylan in Donostia-San Sebastian 11 July 2015
- 2 Need advice on Italy Itinary
- 3 Lazio - Where to spend 2 days ?
- 4 Itinerary recommendation (Germany, Hungary, Austria and Switzerland)
- 5 Trying to find an inexpensive smart phone that will work in France
- 6 Time from Nice airport to downtown
- 7 Afternoon Tea Ideas
- 8 Help with Keukenhof Combi Ticket
- 9 Help & advice on trip to Scotland
- 10 Sim cards for Ireland, France, England and Northern Ireland
- 11 Comment on my Sicily Plan
- 12 France: "Fines Herbes" Include Dandelions?
- 13 booking the train from Pompeii to Rome
- 14 Shopping in Paris
- 15 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 16 Spending money
- 17 Amsterdam River Cruise Terminal to The Hague
- 18 Planning on taking the train in Germany? Better have a backup plan.
- 19 Location recommendation!
- 20 help with 1st trip to Paris/London please
- 21 COBH to BUNRATTY TRAIN?
- 22 International Driver's license requested at rental agencies in Spain
- 23 First Trip To Spain, 10 day Itinerary
- 24 Why should I go to Norway in Oct?
- 25 buying Eruos in advance