I am planning a 2 week family trip (with wife and 10 year old son) to the UK. My tentative plan is somewhat like this:
Fly to Heathrow and transit direct to Edinburgh (2 days) --> Lake District (2 days) --> York (2 days) --> Cotswolds district (4 days, take Cotswolds as a base for me to explore Cardiff, Bath, Stonehenge and Oxford) --> London and surrounding area (5 days).
I need advice on whether it is a good idea to take Cotswolds as a base (in terms of ease of transport). Any other advice on my plan is much welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Venice - Tour suggestions
- 2 12 days in the Italian Lakes
- 3 The most interesting city/town in the UK-in your opinion
- 4 Input on this 8 Day London Itinerary
- 5 Is Mljet a reasonable substitute for Korcula?
- 6 Fodor's Boston GTG
- 7 Relaxing on the Rhone - a river cruise virgin's trip report.
- 8 The Impact of AirBnB in Paris
- 9 Croatia: Zagreb to Dubrovnik HELP
- 10 Antwerp Tram
- 11 Trip report European honeymoon
- 12 10 days in Spain (Madrid and ???)
- 13 Tour of La Scala, Milan
- 14 RER C to Versailles on Wed. - still a good option due to Paris strikes?
- 15 Day trip from Split to Hvar - to Stari Grad or Hvar City?
- 16 Paris, Versailles and Jet Lag
- 17 Alhambra
- 18 Hotels in Barcelona Madrid and Granada
- 19 Provence Lavender fields in July
- 20 Balloch to the Isle of Skye
- 21 French Vacation in Mid-America
- 22 90 day rule with EU/Spain Visa
- 23 Driving Croatia, Montenegro & Albania
- 24 Travel From Copenhagen-late October
- 25 I'm sorting out my stuff for the next trip.