I am planning a 2 week family trip (with wife and 10 year old son) to the UK. My tentative plan is somewhat like this:
Fly to Heathrow and transit direct to Edinburgh (2 days) --> Lake District (2 days) --> York (2 days) --> Cotswolds district (4 days, take Cotswolds as a base for me to explore Cardiff, Bath, Stonehenge and Oxford) --> London and surrounding area (5 days).
I need advice on whether it is a good idea to take Cotswolds as a base (in terms of ease of transport). Any other advice on my plan is much welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spanish food - not that special?
- 2 Renting a car in Greece
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 8 days in st Remy - surprise trip for hubby
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 7 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 8 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 9 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 10 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 11 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 12 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 13 Paris hotel
- 14 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 15 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 16 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 17 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 18 Stuck in Paris
- 19 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 20 Berlin to ?
- 21 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 22 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 23 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 24 Spain - day driver advice
- 25 Greece