I am planning a 2 week family trip (with wife and 10 year old son) to the UK. My tentative plan is somewhat like this:
Fly to Heathrow and transit direct to Edinburgh (2 days) --> Lake District (2 days) --> York (2 days) --> Cotswolds district (4 days, take Cotswolds as a base for me to explore Cardiff, Bath, Stonehenge and Oxford) --> London and surrounding area (5 days).
I need advice on whether it is a good idea to take Cotswolds as a base (in terms of ease of transport). Any other advice on my plan is much welcome.
2 week trip to the UK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 All Set To Go!!
- 2 Help!! which tour company is the best for group tours in Italy?
- 3 Charles de Gaulle to Gare du Nord with limitations?
- 4 VAT refund Q--new carryon bag ??
- 5 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 6 Story of the German Christmas star
- 7 29 day Itinerary for southern and eastern France
- 8 Siena - Pienza - Montepulciano
- 9 Sono arrivato a Venezia
- 10 Three ferries to Mull
- 11 Driving from Portree to Torridon
- 12 They Just Don't Read or Listen about DCC Scam
- 13 Annecy city-center, long-and-short term parking, 24-hour access.
- 14 Transportation from Athens Airport to Syntagma
- 15 Airport ATMs
- 16 driving in france with kids
- 17 Southern Spain
- 18 Glasgow - Scotland sans shorbread, bagpipes and kilts.
- 19 Paris-Loire-Avignon-Barcelona itinerary (help)
- 20 Italy, mid May, 10 days, Rome + another city?
- 21 Trenitalia - What am I missing ??
- 22 Europe Sojurn on Way to India - Paris..PLUS
- 23 Driving an RV in Switzerland
- 24 Dordogne or Nantes and La Rochelle
- 25 Another Walks of Italy question. Vatican tours. Have you taken one?