I am planning a 2 week family trip (with wife and 10 year old son) to the UK. My tentative plan is somewhat like this:
Fly to Heathrow and transit direct to Edinburgh (2 days) --> Lake District (2 days) --> York (2 days) --> Cotswolds district (4 days, take Cotswolds as a base for me to explore Cardiff, Bath, Stonehenge and Oxford) --> London and surrounding area (5 days).
I need advice on whether it is a good idea to take Cotswolds as a base (in terms of ease of transport). Any other advice on my plan is much welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 La Cite du Vin, has anyone visited ?
- 2 Car Rental in Italy: Insurance Needed/Suggested
- 3 Is 2hr25m layover enough to collect and recheck baggage?
- 4 Traveling through Bucharest, Budapest, Zagreb and Belgrade
- 5 12 days, which 4 cities?
- 6 Paris gtg in October?
- 7 European Championship
- 8 Trains France/Switzerland
- 9 5 Ladies, 4 Destinations and 1 Month
- 10 Sample itinerary Germany in March
- 11 Need help identifying something in Barcelona
- 12 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 13 Which order should I travel
- 14 Which order should I travel
- 15 Which order should I travel
- 16 Travel Pass Suggestion
- 17 Will July 23 Become England's Independence Day?
- 18 Train questions for Switzerland
- 19 Cote d'Azur & Provence Itinerary - Stu Dudley's new/revised edition
- 20 to do with kids 2 1/2 days with a layover in frankfurt
- 21 Normandy - driving trip
- 22 Trip Report: Edinburgh, York, Cornwall and Highclere
- 23 Monti in Rome, your thoughts please
- 24 London - Lakes - Hadrian - Traquair and more...
- 25 Searching for beach town in Amalfi area for summer holiday