I am planning a 2 week family trip (with wife and 10 year old son) to the UK. My tentative plan is somewhat like this:
Fly to Heathrow and transit direct to Edinburgh (2 days) --> Lake District (2 days) --> York (2 days) --> Cotswolds district (4 days, take Cotswolds as a base for me to explore Cardiff, Bath, Stonehenge and Oxford) --> London and surrounding area (5 days).
I need advice on whether it is a good idea to take Cotswolds as a base (in terms of ease of transport). Any other advice on my plan is much welcome.
2 week trip to the UK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Photos from our Nearly 2 Weeks in Turkey
- 2 What is the best way to tour the Bosphorus
- 3 car rental avignon one day or hiring a driver
- 4 Brussels / 2 nights / looking for insider tips
- 5 Reina Sofia guided tour?
- 6 Renting a car in Portugal from Autoeurope.com
- 7 30 male travelling alone for first time to central london.
- 8 9 Day Spain Itinerary (Barcelona - Seville - Madrid)
- 9 Greece - Athens to Olympia Day Trip
- 10 Cruise stop at Livirono (Florence/Pisa)
- 11 Ireland itinerary assistance
- 12 Christmas/New Year's Salzburg/Munich Opinion
- 13 Bologna - 5 days too much?
- 14 Latest Itinerary
- 15 Ideas for Dec (Christmas) holiday - Where to go??
- 16 Ireland or Scotland
- 17 Honeymoon Decision?
- 18 Our Adventure to the Southeast of England and London
- 19 Best area to stay in Dublin for someone in a wheelchair
- 20 Traveling to Sorrento Italy and surroundings
- 21 Two Month Europe Trip
- 22 What are Your Favorite Kid-Friendly Hotels in Paris?
- 23 Venice - what would your perfect two days be?
- 24 How did YOU get to Puglia?
- 25 Capital One credit card car and personal insurance question?