I am planning a 2 week family trip (with wife and 10 year old son) to the UK. My tentative plan is somewhat like this:
Fly to Heathrow and transit direct to Edinburgh (2 days) --> Lake District (2 days) --> York (2 days) --> Cotswolds district (4 days, take Cotswolds as a base for me to explore Cardiff, Bath, Stonehenge and Oxford) --> London and surrounding area (5 days).
I need advice on whether it is a good idea to take Cotswolds as a base (in terms of ease of transport). Any other advice on my plan is much welcome.
2 week trip to the UK
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Augsburg with kids
- 2 Train ticket dilemma from Zurich to Milan
- 3 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 4 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 5 He said , she said
- 6 Wanting to spend 6 months in the French Countryside
- 7 Recommendation for lovely italian town?
- 8 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 9 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 10 4 night stay for 5 in interlaken
- 11 Pix from Dresden Trip
- 12 Italy Roma Card, Florence Card Recommended? Train Pass?
- 13 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 14 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 15 Sardinia 5 - 7 night, first time in March please help
- 16 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 17 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 18 Le Grand Depart and Yorkshire Festival
- 19 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 20 Dordogne and Paris - April/May 2013
- 21 Amalfi (town) to Pompeii (ruins entrance-luggage storage area)
- 22 Need packing help! What to wear daytime sightseeing in Europe...
- 23 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 24 Toulouse and beyond -
- 25 Soccer/futbol in Madrid