I am planning a 2 week family trip (with wife and 10 year old son) to the UK. My tentative plan is somewhat like this:
Fly to Heathrow and transit direct to Edinburgh (2 days) --> Lake District (2 days) --> York (2 days) --> Cotswolds district (4 days, take Cotswolds as a base for me to explore Cardiff, Bath, Stonehenge and Oxford) --> London and surrounding area (5 days).
I need advice on whether it is a good idea to take Cotswolds as a base (in terms of ease of transport). Any other advice on my plan is much welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Another tipping question: concierges
- 2 Ferry - Dubrovnik to Bari - Cabins
- 3 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 4 6-7 Days in France
- 5 Korean Messages
- 6 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?
- 7 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary
- 8 Dresden: How Many Nights?
- 9 Help!! 2 week Europe trip with 6 year old daughter in December!!
- 10 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 11 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 12 Budapest in December 2017
- 13 Spain in July
- 14 5 Days in Switzerland
- 15 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 16 We're here!
- 17 Car hire with driver in Istanbul
- 18 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 19 Ronda: cheap parking, where to find?
- 20 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 21 Acropolis Athens
- 22 Places to visit during a semester in Spain
- 23 Trip Ideas
- 24 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 25 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations