I am planning a 2 week family trip (with wife and 10 year old son) to the UK. My tentative plan is somewhat like this:
Fly to Heathrow and transit direct to Edinburgh (2 days) --> Lake District (2 days) --> York (2 days) --> Cotswolds district (4 days, take Cotswolds as a base for me to explore Cardiff, Bath, Stonehenge and Oxford) --> London and surrounding area (5 days).
I need advice on whether it is a good idea to take Cotswolds as a base (in terms of ease of transport). Any other advice on my plan is much welcome.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 One Step at a Time - julia_t begins the Camino de Santiago
- 2 Hotels in Galway, Ennis? Also Car Rental Suggestions Wanted
- 3 GPS vs Google Maps
- 4 Itinerary advice for 9 days in London for female solo traveller
- 5 Trip Report - Sicily in 30 days 2016
- 6 Parc Clichy-Batignolles - Martin Luther King, Tours?
- 7 Halal butchery in Puerto de La Cruz ?
- 8 2 London theatre recommendations
- 9 Paris: Best (or Worst) Apartment Rental Companies
- 10 Thiva?
- 11 Novice needs help with Italy itinerary
- 12 Advice for Florence & Rome with Baby
- 13 One week in Sicily - Taormina, Ortigia, Agrigento & Palermo
- 14 Rome, Florence, Venice, How many nights in each city?
- 15 Driving Tour - Bari to Bologna
- 16 Brussels Airport
- 17 Wanted: Clever Travel Tips!
- 18 planning confusion
- 19 April in Paris...with a Side of Bordeaux
- 20 What clothes?
- 21 Classical Performance St Petersburg and Moscow in August
- 22 Germany with my Girlfriend
- 23 Top Tourist Mob Scenes in Europe
- 24 Train Question
- 25 It claims to be prepared to be prepared