I have been trying to create a trip itinerary for my 2 week trip to France this summer. I fly in to Paris in the middle of July and will be renting a car for two weeks. Just to give you some more background, I rarely stay in any city (regardless of how big and great) for more than 2 nights. I was recently able to visit a large portion of Spain and Portugal in a two week period and during that trip, Rhonda and Toledo were my favourite cities by far. I stumbled upon your response to a blog from a while back where you ordered your favourite cities / towns in France as follows:
Cities with a population greater than 85,000
6. Avignon* or **
Cities with a population greater than 10,000 but less than 85,000
7. Annecy* or **
10. La Rochelle*
16. St Malo
During my research, it had seemed that Annecy seemed as one of the most exciting towns to see yet you have it so far down on your list. You also stated that "when ordering these cities, we did not consider the “setting” of a city, like the beach at Nice or the lake at Annecy." To me the setting of the city is important. For example, you can't beat a cute mountain town such as Innsbruck.
Anyway, I was hoping you could help give some ideas of a trip Itinerary considering I can probably cover a lot more ground than your average traveller. Some other cities that caught my eye close to the France border was Murten and Gruyeres Switzerland. Last but not least, the only place I have already been to in France is Nice and the surrounding area, Monaco, etc. and I would rather see other places I have not been to yet.
Please help me Stu!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Versailles
- 2 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 3 Tours of Versailles, Lyon
- 4 FOCUS ON FRANCE: Paris and South of France
- 5 Christmas windows in Paris 2016
- 6 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 7 Lofoten, Norway Trip Report
- 8 How to best reach the Lofoten Islands from Oslo, Norway? (four day trip)
- 9 Please help allocate time in Lofoten and Bergen area
- 10 Dolomites for 6 nights
- 11 LISBON FOOD NOTES Fall, 2016
- 12 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 13 Meteora for older folk
- 14 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 15 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 16 Scandinavia - By land or by sea?
- 17 Athens
- 18 Hotels for 6 25 year old guys - Paris and London
- 19 Article on assistance for US citizens with difficulties abroad
- 20 Are St. Chapelle concerts just for tourists?
- 21 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 22 Germany train help!
- 23 Spain in July
- 24 Renaissance Paris Vendome
- 25 Liverpool & Beatles port tour