I have been trying to create a trip itinerary for my 2 week trip to France this summer. I fly in to Paris in the middle of July and will be renting a car for two weeks. Just to give you some more background, I rarely stay in any city (regardless of how big and great) for more than 2 nights. I was recently able to visit a large portion of Spain and Portugal in a two week period and during that trip, Rhonda and Toledo were my favourite cities by far. I stumbled upon your response to a blog from a while back where you ordered your favourite cities / towns in France as follows:
Cities with a population greater than 85,000
6. Avignon* or **
Cities with a population greater than 10,000 but less than 85,000
7. Annecy* or **
10. La Rochelle*
16. St Malo
During my research, it had seemed that Annecy seemed as one of the most exciting towns to see yet you have it so far down on your list. You also stated that "when ordering these cities, we did not consider the “setting” of a city, like the beach at Nice or the lake at Annecy." To me the setting of the city is important. For example, you can't beat a cute mountain town such as Innsbruck.
Anyway, I was hoping you could help give some ideas of a trip Itinerary considering I can probably cover a lot more ground than your average traveller. Some other cities that caught my eye close to the France border was Murten and Gruyeres Switzerland. Last but not least, the only place I have already been to in France is Nice and the surrounding area, Monaco, etc. and I would rather see other places I have not been to yet.
Please help me Stu!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 바둑이사이트 ≪ 접속주소 :≫kxc551.com≪추천인:지퍼
- 2 Where to go!?
- 3 Vacation
- 4 What crazy coincidence or chance meeting have you had while traveling?
- 5 Menaggio/Varenna to St Moritz and back
- 6 Aparthotel Adagio Paris XV feedback
- 7 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 8 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 9 hiking itinerary UK two months
- 10 Accommodation referrals Trieste, Gorizia and Cormons
- 11 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 12 Walking itinerary in England?
- 13 Italy, beyond the most common Tourist Destinations
- 14 Dog friendly hotels
- 15 Best place in Italy for a tourist during Easter
- 16 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 17 Cambridge in May
- 18 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy
- 19 Love buying beauty products to take back home? Here are the ones to avoid!
- 20 No Periods in British Written English!
- 21 Self drive tour companies
- 22 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 23 Madrid/Lisbon
- 24 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 25 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique