So my girlfriend and I are headed for a trip in Europe, both of our first times (we are both mid 20's). We land in Madrid (August 17), and fly out of Paris 14 day later (August 31). I planned on doing 3 nights in Madrid, 5 nights in Barcelona, and then 5 nights in Paris. I may switch some of the nights around as well. I am trying to see museum's and historically relevant place while also exploring some nightlife. I really enjoy the architecture of the area that I have seen as well. We will probably do a day trip to Versailles or something while in Paris but I am not 100% sure. At the end of the trip I plan on proposing in Paris, so I am trying to make it pretty special. I got the flights paid for with miles, and so I have a decent budget to spend ($4-$6K or so). I also plan on using my Hilton points to pay for 70% of our hotel stays so there is money to be spent. Any helpful tips, and places to go (including a nice proposal spot in Paris!) would be appreciated. I am thinking like an Eiffel Tower type of thing but maybe there are better place I don't know of.
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris: Museums, food and wine -- May 2017
- 2 Classical Tour of Albania
- 3 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 4 itinerary recommendation 6 nights Spain (Barcelona/Madrid)
- 5 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 6 London GTG May 19-25
- 7 Seeking Scenic Route from Bath to Devon
- 8 London and Normandy
- 9 Inside the Red Light District so you don't have to be
- 10 Where to pick up rental car in Venice
- 11 Last night in Barcelona - where to stay
- 12 Why do you visit X or Y?
- 13 First visit to London
- 14 The essence of Swiss in 4-5 days for first timers
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Train from Paris to Reims for day trip
- 17 Hotels in Munich and Bolzano
- 18 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 19 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 20 FIndng Vintage French Workwear in Paris
- 21 Naples + Walking Tour
- 22 TIM in FCO - update
- 23 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 24 Switzerland - Matterhorm and Golden Pass advice
- 25 Agriturismo with train access to Florence