So my girlfriend and I are headed for a trip in Europe, both of our first times (we are both mid 20's). We land in Madrid (August 17), and fly out of Paris 14 day later (August 31). I planned on doing 3 nights in Madrid, 5 nights in Barcelona, and then 5 nights in Paris. I may switch some of the nights around as well. I am trying to see museum's and historically relevant place while also exploring some nightlife. I really enjoy the architecture of the area that I have seen as well. We will probably do a day trip to Versailles or something while in Paris but I am not 100% sure. At the end of the trip I plan on proposing in Paris, so I am trying to make it pretty special. I got the flights paid for with miles, and so I have a decent budget to spend ($4-$6K or so). I also plan on using my Hilton points to pay for 70% of our hotel stays so there is money to be spent. Any helpful tips, and places to go (including a nice proposal spot in Paris!) would be appreciated. I am thinking like an Eiffel Tower type of thing but maybe there are better place I don't know of.
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Iceland March Itinerary
- 2 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 3 Planning A trip
- 4 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 5 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 6 Driving through Paris
- 7 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 8 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 9 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 10 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 11 Checking accounts in Europe
- 12 Accountant in Slovenia
- 13 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 14 Paging @bobthenavigator and others for Amalfi Coast accommodation advice
- 15 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 16 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 17 Norway Outside the Nutshell
- 18 LOAN OFFER APPLY @ 2% INTEREST RATE
- 19 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 20 Italy June 6-16
- 21 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 22 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 23 To the top of Europe, and back again.
- 24 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 25 Help us with our new sharing economy business