So my girlfriend and I are headed for a trip in Europe, both of our first times (we are both mid 20's). We land in Madrid (August 17), and fly out of Paris 14 day later (August 31). I planned on doing 3 nights in Madrid, 5 nights in Barcelona, and then 5 nights in Paris. I may switch some of the nights around as well. I am trying to see museum's and historically relevant place while also exploring some nightlife. I really enjoy the architecture of the area that I have seen as well. We will probably do a day trip to Versailles or something while in Paris but I am not 100% sure. At the end of the trip I plan on proposing in Paris, so I am trying to make it pretty special. I got the flights paid for with miles, and so I have a decent budget to spend ($4-$6K or so). I also plan on using my Hilton points to pay for 70% of our hotel stays so there is money to be spent. Any helpful tips, and places to go (including a nice proposal spot in Paris!) would be appreciated. I am thinking like an Eiffel Tower type of thing but maybe there are better place I don't know of.
Thanks for your help,
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Dell @printer reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 tec*h support
- 2 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 3 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 4 Please help with Carry-on Question--CDG!
- 5 Sitting at a cafe watching the world go by - hmmm...
- 6 Day Trips from Zug in Switzerland
- 7 Late November with a 7-month-old - Portugal?
- 8 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 9 Best walking route Plitvice Lakes
- 10 London with Teens Trip Report
- 11 Bregenzer Festspiele: the opera Carmen
- 12 Cortona -- just a passing thought
- 13 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 14 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 15 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 16 Trains from Istanbul to Budapest
- 17 Madrid/Andalucia Trip
- 18 Madrird and Seville
- 19 Greece
- 20 Ludwig Castles
- 21 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 22 FYI, Bourdain in Porto, this Sunday (July 2)
- 23 Lake Como AREA questions
- 24 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 25 Konigsee or Wolfgangsee for a stay of 3 days ?