my husband and I will stay in the Basque countries for 2 weeks this summer and would love to have some suggestions for where to spend them.
We'll arrive in Bilbao by plane in the late afternoon around 6 pm and leave from Bilbao 2 weeks later.
We've been thinking about this itenary:
Day 1: Bilbao or drive directly to the Rioja area
Day 2-5: In the Rioja area
Day 5-6: In the Biarritz area
Day 6-13: San Sebastian (we've booked this)
Day 13-15: Bilbao
We are really unsure if it's the best to rent a car at the airport and just drive diretcly to Laguardia or the area around. How are the streets when it's dark?
Should we spend 3 nights in Rioja or 2 nights there and 2 nights in the Biarritz area or somewhere else?
I'd be even happier if you also suggest some places to stay. It can be both apartments and hotels/special places.
I guess I should add that we prefer the not too touristic places even though I understand that we'll come accross this since we'll go in july/august.
Hope to have your suggestions and comments soon!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Currency and credit cards in Scandinavia
- 2 Rome & Florence, 10-12 days or so
- 3 Granada to Cordoba to Madrid--Doable??
- 4 Dropping my rental car at Fiumicino Airport
- 5 Rome train to Positano
- 6 Madrid city centre?
- 7 Itinerary Help!
- 8 My First Trip to Europe...
- 9 Family of 4, 2 Young Teens, 14 Nights, 4 Countries
- 10 Has anyone used their Pass Navogo for more than 10 years?
- 11 Greece itinerary ideas
- 12 Leipzig, Dresden, Meissen, Bautzen, etc.
- 13 Trip Report with Kids: Germany/Austria/Benelux
- 14 Neighborhood Bistros in Paris
- 15 Stonehenge and Bath
- 16 Greece Experts
- 17 French Gov't Passes New Labor Law Despite...
- 18 Need Barcelona Gaudi Ticket Help
- 19 Budapest/Krakow/Warsaw
- 20 3 week Italy trip with 12 and 14 year old - 2017
- 21 Car rental in Paris
- 22 How did you or your family ended up in the country you are living now?
- 23 France to stop making foie grois
- 24 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 25 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid