my husband and I will stay in the Basque countries for 2 weeks this summer and would love to have some suggestions for where to spend them.
We'll arrive in Bilbao by plane in the late afternoon around 6 pm and leave from Bilbao 2 weeks later.
We've been thinking about this itenary:
Day 1: Bilbao or drive directly to the Rioja area
Day 2-5: In the Rioja area
Day 5-6: In the Biarritz area
Day 6-13: San Sebastian (we've booked this)
Day 13-15: Bilbao
We are really unsure if it's the best to rent a car at the airport and just drive diretcly to Laguardia or the area around. How are the streets when it's dark?
Should we spend 3 nights in Rioja or 2 nights there and 2 nights in the Biarritz area or somewhere else?
I'd be even happier if you also suggest some places to stay. It can be both apartments and hotels/special places.
I guess I should add that we prefer the not too touristic places even though I understand that we'll come accross this since we'll go in july/august.
Hope to have your suggestions and comments soon!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car Rental in France (Insurance + Add'l Driver Questions?)
- 2 Swiss Trip Itineraryand Charges
- 3 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 4 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 5 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 6 Europe itinerary questions
- 7 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 8 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 9 Brugge hotel help
- 10 Old European currency
- 11 Denmark or Sweden?
- 12 Amsterdam hotels
- 13 Five night Ireland Trip
- 14 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 15 Paris hotels
- 16 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 17 London Hotels
- 18 10 days in Paris and......
- 19 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 20 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days
- 21 Norway, Sweden, Denmark
- 22 1 month in Europe
- 23 Flying into Copenhagen (1st trip to Europe)
- 24 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 25 Intercity Notte training boarding time