my husband and I will stay in the Basque countries for 2 weeks this summer and would love to have some suggestions for where to spend them.
We'll arrive in Bilbao by plane in the late afternoon around 6 pm and leave from Bilbao 2 weeks later.
We've been thinking about this itenary:
Day 1: Bilbao or drive directly to the Rioja area
Day 2-5: In the Rioja area
Day 5-6: In the Biarritz area
Day 6-13: San Sebastian (we've booked this)
Day 13-15: Bilbao
We are really unsure if it's the best to rent a car at the airport and just drive diretcly to Laguardia or the area around. How are the streets when it's dark?
Should we spend 3 nights in Rioja or 2 nights there and 2 nights in the Biarritz area or somewhere else?
I'd be even happier if you also suggest some places to stay. It can be both apartments and hotels/special places.
I guess I should add that we prefer the not too touristic places even though I understand that we'll come accross this since we'll go in july/august.
Hope to have your suggestions and comments soon!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What type of visa is right for me?
- 2 Student accommodation in Malta
- 3 Visiting Spain in January
- 4 Spain and Portugal - when to Go
- 5 Will I need air conditioning near Lucca in early July?
- 6 where to stay in Malta
- 7 First Time Europe Itinerary 8 Weeks
- 8 Where to stay in London?
- 9 Puglia & Matera in photos
- 10 Loving Lisbon
- 11 Booking hotels before trains
- 12 Looking for the Holy Grail... in a Tour of Italy
- 13 road trip from Dover to see the English countryside and castes
- 14 For Swiss Alps/Zermatt fans
- 15 Advice? 2 weeks in Sicily with our 4-year-old
- 16 Paris---baguette question???
- 17 Revised post- cruise itinerary
- 18 Traveling to Europe mid November - suggestions
- 19 Eiffel Tower Fireworks Photos July 14th
- 20 Lots of walking, amazing scenery & wine - 3 weeks France & Germany.
- 21 RHK's Fall escape
- 22 1 way ticket
- 23 Vienna to Bratislava
- 24 Need Paris Flight Advice
- 25 Carcassonne or St Guilhem le Desert?