my husband and I will stay in the Basque countries for 2 weeks this summer and would love to have some suggestions for where to spend them.
We'll arrive in Bilbao by plane in the late afternoon around 6 pm and leave from Bilbao 2 weeks later.
We've been thinking about this itenary:
Day 1: Bilbao or drive directly to the Rioja area
Day 2-5: In the Rioja area
Day 5-6: In the Biarritz area
Day 6-13: San Sebastian (we've booked this)
Day 13-15: Bilbao
We are really unsure if it's the best to rent a car at the airport and just drive diretcly to Laguardia or the area around. How are the streets when it's dark?
Should we spend 3 nights in Rioja or 2 nights there and 2 nights in the Biarritz area or somewhere else?
I'd be even happier if you also suggest some places to stay. It can be both apartments and hotels/special places.
I guess I should add that we prefer the not too touristic places even though I understand that we'll come accross this since we'll go in july/august.
Hope to have your suggestions and comments soon!
2 week itenary Basque countries
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 What can we do with 4 hours in Paris layover
- 2 plug adaptors for Switzerland
- 3 Transportation from Nice to Florence
- 4 2 Weeks in Italy - In Less than 2 Weeks!
- 5 50 and Fabulous in 2015---need help planning my trip to Amalfi, FINALLY
- 6 Couples trip- 18 nights-Itinerary Help
- 7 Madrid and London
- 8 Tour Guide in Budapest
- 9 What to wear
- 10 Planning for Italy trip with a two-year old
- 11 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 12 Luggage on train from Waterloo to Southampton
- 13 Electronic plug adapter for Italy
- 14 How much time did -you- spend in Delphi and Olympia?
- 15 Bologna airport to train to Florence
- 16 Gargano Promontory
- 17 London neighborhood suggestions
- 18 Bologna tips
- 19 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 20 Day Trips From Stockton-on-Tees
- 21 London Day Trips - Soooo many options
- 22 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento Itinerary Help!
- 23 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 24 Swiss Pass - Purchase Online or in-Person
- 25 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)