This is my first post to this forum. My husband and I are planning to take trip to Europe next summer, and are starting to think about where we want to go. We think that we will be able to take off enough days to have 2 full weeks in Europe plus the 2-3 days it takes to travel to and from California. I traveled to London and Paris and had 3 nights in London and 4 nights in Paris in March 2013. I think that was a good amount of time in each city, but am not sure if it will be possible for our next trip. I would love to take my husband back to London and Paris, since I am oriented to those cities (and there were things at both of them that I want to go back to with him). We also want to go to Italy and do at least Rome and Florence. I've heard Venice is amazing, but it's kind of out way, and part of me would rather do a small thing outside of the 3 major cities like Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Capri, or wine tasting in Tuscany (we love wine!). I am also interesting in something in France like the Burgundy region or in Switzerland like Lauterbrunnen or Zermatt. My husband also really wants to do Barcelona, but I know that's also really out of the way so we will probably end up saving that for another trip since it wouldn't be possible without a pretty major flight. Basically, we are all over the place with where we want to go.
So for sure on the list are London, Paris, Rome, and Florence. I think I would like to do only 2 or 3 nights in Paris because I've been there so I know where I'm going (and would rather skip the Louvre which is a half day for most people anyway). Flying from Paris to Italy is an option, but taking the scenic route through France and the Alps would be awesome.
My real question is, what is a good itinerary for 14 full days in Europe (again, travel days would be separate)? Is there time to do a Venice, Lake Como, Cinque Terre, Capri , wine tasting region (Burgundy or Tuscany), Switzerland, OR Barcelona in a 2 week trip with London, Paris, Rome, and Florence? Again, I'm just hoping 1 of those would fit in. Has anyone been to one of these places and absolutely fallen in love?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 2 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 3 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 4 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 5 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 6 Italy Honeymoon in September
- 7 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 8 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 9 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 10 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 11 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 12 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 13 38 Days in Paris
- 14 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 15 Naxos car rental
- 16 Greek Islands (small)
- 17 Fes to Southern Spain (Jerez, Malaga)
- 18 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 19 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 20 Things to do in Brussels
- 21 Short Trip in July
- 22 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 23 question on Barcelona itinerary
- 24 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 25 Recommendations for Wiesbaden