I am in the early stages of researching our honeymoon. We have agreed on Italy. We both really want to visit Rome and then have some time near the beach to relax and we're also interested in looking at agriturismo. we're a young couple 26-30 and are looking for a relaxing but also interesting touring holiday... sorry honeymoon!! we're not massively well travelled and we've only been on holiday together a handful of times. therefore we're not really interested in going to the maldives or somewhere and laying on a beach for 14days. Would be beautiful........ but we would be bored!
We have a low to moderate budget, but its our honeymoon so we'd be ok to pay out for some nights in luxury or some experiences, cooking class etc something like that.
Intially thought we'd fly into Rome and have 3 or 4 nights there before hiring a car and driving out. to where? i don't know. I've looked at loads of different places but don't really know where is best or wheres too far to drive to?
I've looked at Amalfi Coast and its beautiful but so is the rest of italy so how can we choose?! we want some beaching, but not too much. Adam will get bored lying on a beach after about 4 hours. I will beach for a day-ish. But we both love the coast in general so its important for us to spend some time near the coast.
Should we turn it around and finish off with Rome? do you think 4 days in rome straight after the wedding might be a bit hectic?
We're from the midlands in the UK and are getting married in August 2012. We'd likely fly out between the 17-20th August depending when the flights might be cheaper.If we dont go to Rome first where shall we fly into? I'm intrested in Puglia, Umbria and Chianti but probably only because I have researched those the most recently!!
So....help!?!? i've probably not given enough information about what we're looking for but i don't really know what we are looking for!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Ideas for vacation to Germany
- 2 Purchasing travel insurance in the UK
- 3 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 4 Base for Hidcote, etc. from London
- 5 Ireland base towns (and timing) - Connemara/W. Cork?
- 6 Europe Winter Itinerary
- 7 Train/car from Madrid to Toledo tomorrow
- 8 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 9 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 10 My Topic Title Edinburgh to Heathrow BA flight on Monday Question?
- 11 Iceland trip report!
- 12 Swimming in Lake Bled?
- 13 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 14 Bernese Oberland
- 15 Itinerary Advice - Dublin to Shannon
- 16 Need help deciphering benefits of Swiss train pass vs German 25% off...
- 17 Switzerland swiss mountain passes so confusing, jungfrou
- 18 Couscous
- 19 15 days in Denmark / Sweden in May 17
- 20 13 days Sweden-Norway-Denmark itinerary help
- 21 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 22 Denmark or Sweden?
- 23 [Needed Recs] Cheap, widely available, good wine in Italy?
- 24 Moscow Favorites
- 25 Sarlat & Surrounding Towns Restaurants