I am in the early stages of researching our honeymoon. We have agreed on Italy. We both really want to visit Rome and then have some time near the beach to relax and we're also interested in looking at agriturismo. we're a young couple 26-30 and are looking for a relaxing but also interesting touring holiday... sorry honeymoon!! we're not massively well travelled and we've only been on holiday together a handful of times. therefore we're not really interested in going to the maldives or somewhere and laying on a beach for 14days. Would be beautiful........ but we would be bored!
We have a low to moderate budget, but its our honeymoon so we'd be ok to pay out for some nights in luxury or some experiences, cooking class etc something like that.
Intially thought we'd fly into Rome and have 3 or 4 nights there before hiring a car and driving out. to where? i don't know. I've looked at loads of different places but don't really know where is best or wheres too far to drive to?
I've looked at Amalfi Coast and its beautiful but so is the rest of italy so how can we choose?! we want some beaching, but not too much. Adam will get bored lying on a beach after about 4 hours. I will beach for a day-ish. But we both love the coast in general so its important for us to spend some time near the coast.
Should we turn it around and finish off with Rome? do you think 4 days in rome straight after the wedding might be a bit hectic?
We're from the midlands in the UK and are getting married in August 2012. We'd likely fly out between the 17-20th August depending when the flights might be cheaper.If we dont go to Rome first where shall we fly into? I'm intrested in Puglia, Umbria and Chianti but probably only because I have researched those the most recently!!
So....help!?!? i've probably not given enough information about what we're looking for but i don't really know what we are looking for!
2 week honeymoon Italy - Rome and where else?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Best Option for London Travelcard?
- 2 Burgundy for 3 nights based in Beaune
- 3 Different approach to 2-4-1 offers
- 4 Amsterdam - My Favorite Things!
- 5 Aalsmeer, Holland Flower Market Is a Changing but...
- 6 Amsterdam, Germany, Paris in May 2015- coats needed?
- 7 Spain traffic tickets
- 8 Inexpensive spring break in iceland?
- 9 4 Days between Zurich & Avignon...
- 10 Euro Trivia quiz #11 - Know Your Bordering Countries?
- 11 Euro Trivia Quiz #10 - Martin Luther in Germany
- 12 Driving from Paris to Munich
- 13 Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Stockholm
- 14 Museums in Berlin
- 15 Austria to Italy by car - best route
- 16 Italy - Transportation from MXP to Rome
- 17 Skiing in France
- 18 Beware of Best and Fast Change
- 19 Looking for help on itinerary for trip to Croatia+
- 20 16 Nights in Canary Islands & Spain
- 21 Spain and Portugal in Depth
- 22 Hotel developments Como
- 23 The Newly Reopened Picasso Museum in Paris
- 24 Taxi or Tube from LHR to Gloucester Road Tube?
- 25 Preliminary Italy Plans- September 2015