I know there are similar threads to this, but my fiancee and I are spending our 2 week honeymoon in Italy (May 11-25th 2011).
We are planning on 1 or 2 nights in Rome when we land, train to Florence and 6 nights there with day trips to Tuscany and leisurely enjoying the city, then rent a car and spend 5 nights in Cinque terre, and then one night back in rome before we fly out.
We'd love any suggestions/reccomendations on what to do/see while in Florence, Tuscany and Cinque Terre - food, wine, scenery...we love it all!
We also would like to have one more night in Rome before we leave so that the departure is less hectic...so we'll have to cut a night somewhere...we're torn - any suggestions?
Any/all comments are appreciated - thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Looking for a UK coach tour company for seniors
- 2 Norway in a nutshell in Winter Itinerary
- 3 Wine visits from Barcelona
- 4 Request Hotel Suggestion in London
- 5 Travelling to Russia during FIFA
- 6 Suggestions for 3 greek islands
- 7 Harry Potter, London Theater
- 8 Spain: train/rental car help
- 9 Barcelona rental for two couples??
- 10 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 11 Highclare Castle
- 12 Paris Metro Entrances. How to find?
- 13 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 14 Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Italy - scenic road trips/countryside?
- 15 Florence hotels: JK Place vs. Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni
- 16 Cash and Czech Crowns
- 17 Loire Valley best place to linger
- 18 Estonia, Finland, and Iceland: Summer 2017
- 19 Help with 12 day UK Itinerary!
- 20 Mr & Mrs Annhig need your help planning bucket list trip to Switzerland
- 21 Salzburg-storing luggage at train station
- 22 Only 3 days: Asturias or French Basque?
- 23 Salzburg itinerary review
- 24 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 25 Italy - 21 Day Itinerary for May, 2018