I know there are similar threads to this, but my fiancee and I are spending our 2 week honeymoon in Italy (May 11-25th 2011).
We are planning on 1 or 2 nights in Rome when we land, train to Florence and 6 nights there with day trips to Tuscany and leisurely enjoying the city, then rent a car and spend 5 nights in Cinque terre, and then one night back in rome before we fly out.
We'd love any suggestions/reccomendations on what to do/see while in Florence, Tuscany and Cinque Terre - food, wine, scenery...we love it all!
We also would like to have one more night in Rome before we leave so that the departure is less hectic...so we'll have to cut a night somewhere...we're torn - any suggestions?
Any/all comments are appreciated - thanks!
2 week honeymoon in Italy: suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Naxos Island: Best Way to Get Around?
- 2 Turin: Have you used the Torino+Piemonte card?
- 3 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 4 Bavaria & Dolomites
- 5 What still confounds you about travel?
- 6 Any experiences with Airbnb?
- 7 Venice Restaurant - Open on Mondays
- 8 Pronunciation
- 9 Monet in Normandy
- 10 Dublin Tour Companies
- 11 Livorno to Florence from cruise ship
- 12 We saw a fox on Great Ormond St (and other sights up and down the Thames)
- 13 Mosquitos in Amsterdam
- 14 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 15 Italy-Rome-Florence-Venice-CT-PievePelego-Help with order of travel
- 16 Almost 3 weeks in Sicily in March
- 17 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 18 Greece--Crete or Peloponnis?
- 19 Rome to Pisa or Bologna to Pisa-Train...Help needed!
- 20 Stay near Paris
- 21 direct train from Lyon to Nice France?
- 22 Which town to stay at in Lake Como?
- 23 Picasso Museum-Paris
- 24 Springtime in Paris with lots of restaurant reviews and a bit of Alsace
- 25 What to wear