I know there are similar threads to this, but my fiancee and I are spending our 2 week honeymoon in Italy (May 11-25th 2011).
We are planning on 1 or 2 nights in Rome when we land, train to Florence and 6 nights there with day trips to Tuscany and leisurely enjoying the city, then rent a car and spend 5 nights in Cinque terre, and then one night back in rome before we fly out.
We'd love any suggestions/reccomendations on what to do/see while in Florence, Tuscany and Cinque Terre - food, wine, scenery...we love it all!
We also would like to have one more night in Rome before we leave so that the departure is less hectic...so we'll have to cut a night somewhere...we're torn - any suggestions?
Any/all comments are appreciated - thanks!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 2 Douro Valley in January?
- 3 Road trip with our dog
- 4 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 5 Train from Polgate to St Pancras
- 6 Give 2 1/2 Days to Porto or 1 1/2 Days with Day Trip to Coimbra?
- 7 Munich and....???
- 8 So Many Places, So Little Time-17 Day Euro Trip--HELP!
- 9 Planes, Train, and, well, no automobiles
- 10 Suggestion for trip to Switzerland, Greece and Italy
- 11 italy Cinque Terre
- 12 wondering if this trip too ambitious
- 13 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 14 Renfe AVE, Alvia & Avant Trains
- 15 Ireland with 2 young kids
- 16 Restaurant recs for French food in Montreux and surrounding area
- 17 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 18 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 19 Spanish Medical Providers
- 20 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 21 Great Value Vacations - NOT
- 22 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 23 Can parking
- 24 From the Riviera to Rome: Two Terrific Weeks in Italy
- 25 Looking for a 5 star resort on Spanish coast for January