I know there are similar threads to this, but my fiancee and I are spending our 2 week honeymoon in Italy (May 11-25th 2011).
We are planning on 1 or 2 nights in Rome when we land, train to Florence and 6 nights there with day trips to Tuscany and leisurely enjoying the city, then rent a car and spend 5 nights in Cinque terre, and then one night back in rome before we fly out.
We'd love any suggestions/reccomendations on what to do/see while in Florence, Tuscany and Cinque Terre - food, wine, scenery...we love it all!
We also would like to have one more night in Rome before we leave so that the departure is less hectic...so we'll have to cut a night somewhere...we're torn - any suggestions?
Any/all comments are appreciated - thanks!
2 week honeymoon in Italy: suggestions?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Soccer/futbol in Madrid
- 2 Paris: Help w/short and very last minute trip
- 3 Reims for a day
- 4 Apartment and Area to Stay in Istanbul
- 5 Any exciting towns South of Rome, Italy
- 6 Munich with a car?
- 7 day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 8 Abruzzo for 5 days
- 9 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 10 Barcelona to SW France to Madrid in 10 days
- 11 recommendations for budget hotels - West End, Covent Garden, Bloomsbury
- 12 Florence to Naples by car road trip ideas
- 13 poland to switzerland
- 14 Madrid or Toledo on May 1st - holiday
- 15 Online hotel reservation sites reliable?
- 16 First Solo Euro Trip -- August 2014
- 17 From CDG to the Seventh?
- 18 Venice to Wegen Switerzerland-suggestion for overnight near lake como
- 19 Day trip on the Rhine
- 20 October travel to Northern France--early or late?
- 21 Toulouse and beyond -
- 22 One week in Venice - trips
- 23 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 24 Italy for 3 in 12 days
- 25 Reservation needed in Germany?