My fiance and I are in the planning stages of our honeymoon and are looking for some suggestions as this is our first time going. We will be going in April 2014. The plan is to stay in Paris for 4 nights, then spend some days in the south of France and then head back to Paris for the remaining 2 days before we leave.
In terms of our interests, we are looking to immerse ourselves in the culture, site see, enjoy the dining and its also important for us to be able to just relax or wander the streets without an agenda. We know that there is quite a lot to see and do in Paris and we are well aware that there won't be time for much relaxing - but we don't mind this. We are hoping that the second part of our trip, South of France, will be more laid back and relaxing. Also think that when we head back to Paris for the last 2 days, it will be less rushed as we will be doing all of our sight seeing during the first half of the trip.
Im not very familiar with the South of France, but what comes to mind for me is fields of lavender, sunflowers and olive trees, a slower pace of life basically. We would like to stay in the smaller towns of Provence, which are more romantic and quaint, with some site seeing to do if we feel up to it. I'm not too sure where to stay as there are so many little towns to choose from! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We would like to cut down our travel time between place to place if possible. Please suggest the best mode of transport from Paris to Provence as well as when we are traveling within the Provence region.
In terms of our budget, it is our honeymoon, so we do not mind splurging from time to time.
Below is a rough itinerary.
Day 1 - Flying
Day 2 - 5 Paris
Day 6 - 8 Provence (please suggest town)
Day 9 - 11 Provence (please suggest town)
Day 12 - 13 Paris
Day 14 Fly home
Please let me know what you think,
Jae and Mike
2 week Honeymoon in France - April 2014
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 He said , she said
- 2 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 3 Hair Straightener for Europe!
- 4 Venice hotel selection
- 5 Are we likely to encounter Dynamic Currency Conversion in Andalucia?
- 6 May trip to the islands
- 7 Where to stay in Rome
- 8 7 days in Greece
- 9 Alternatives to Heathrow hotels?
- 10 How far in advance should I book my car rentals ?
- 11 Killing time in Positano without shopping or beachtime
- 12 Augsburg with kids
- 13 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 14 Spontaneous trip to Ireland
- 15 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Le Marche and the Dolomites
- 16 Three days in Spain
- 17 England/Scotland/Wales Planning-Summr 2014
- 18 Italy Apartment What To Bring
- 19 Easter week/ Semana Santa in Avila, Toledo, Segovia
- 20 Any suggestions for accomodations in Venice Italy mid June?
- 21 13 days Netherlands, Germany, Austria and Zermatt
- 22 Paris in April?
- 23 Republique - Canal St Martin area safe? And VRBO apartment rental questions
- 24 RFID wallets do they really work?
- 25 First time Croatia; young children; itinerary