My fiance and I are in the planning stages of our honeymoon and are looking for some suggestions as this is our first time going. We will be going in April 2014. The plan is to stay in Paris for 4 nights, then spend some days in the south of France and then head back to Paris for the remaining 2 days before we leave.
In terms of our interests, we are looking to immerse ourselves in the culture, site see, enjoy the dining and its also important for us to be able to just relax or wander the streets without an agenda. We know that there is quite a lot to see and do in Paris and we are well aware that there won't be time for much relaxing - but we don't mind this. We are hoping that the second part of our trip, South of France, will be more laid back and relaxing. Also think that when we head back to Paris for the last 2 days, it will be less rushed as we will be doing all of our sight seeing during the first half of the trip.
Im not very familiar with the South of France, but what comes to mind for me is fields of lavender, sunflowers and olive trees, a slower pace of life basically. We would like to stay in the smaller towns of Provence, which are more romantic and quaint, with some site seeing to do if we feel up to it. I'm not too sure where to stay as there are so many little towns to choose from! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We would like to cut down our travel time between place to place if possible. Please suggest the best mode of transport from Paris to Provence as well as when we are traveling within the Provence region.
In terms of our budget, it is our honeymoon, so we do not mind splurging from time to time.
Below is a rough itinerary.
Day 1 - Flying
Day 2 - 5 Paris
Day 6 - 8 Provence (please suggest town)
Day 9 - 11 Provence (please suggest town)
Day 12 - 13 Paris
Day 14 Fly home
Please let me know what you think,
Jae and Mike
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bruges, Ghent or Brussels?
- 2 Norway for 1 week, ideas for planning
- 3 One week road trip Santiago de Compostela-Lisbon itinerary advice needed
- 4 London, Brussels, France, Berner Oberland and Vienna (in 72 days)
- 5 Swiss Trains not on time and boats not run at all - great time
- 6 Driving in Italy
- 7 Choosing Greek Island Base for island hopping
- 8 Spain, Portugal trip planning
- 9 Tips for tour company tour guides
- 10 Three Weeks in Italy - So Excited!
- 11 Train travel to and from Paris
- 12 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 13 Use of Train Tickets
- 14 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 15 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 16 Paris and England, 14 days on the ground
- 17 First Trip to Paris
- 18 Andalucia Spain
- 19 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 20 Bastille Day Fireworks, Paris
- 21 Naxos experts - pros and cons of Kymata vs. Agios Prokopios Hotel
- 22 2 days in Amsterdam after river cruise
- 23 Bus Nice Airport to Frejus
- 24 Advice on Spring/Fall trips to Scotland and Alsace
- 25 Best tour or day trip from EL Ferrol Spain