My fiance and I are in the planning stages of our honeymoon and are looking for some suggestions as this is our first time going. We will be going in April 2014. The plan is to stay in Paris for 4 nights, then spend some days in the south of France and then head back to Paris for the remaining 2 days before we leave.
In terms of our interests, we are looking to immerse ourselves in the culture, site see, enjoy the dining and its also important for us to be able to just relax or wander the streets without an agenda. We know that there is quite a lot to see and do in Paris and we are well aware that there won't be time for much relaxing - but we don't mind this. We are hoping that the second part of our trip, South of France, will be more laid back and relaxing. Also think that when we head back to Paris for the last 2 days, it will be less rushed as we will be doing all of our sight seeing during the first half of the trip.
Im not very familiar with the South of France, but what comes to mind for me is fields of lavender, sunflowers and olive trees, a slower pace of life basically. We would like to stay in the smaller towns of Provence, which are more romantic and quaint, with some site seeing to do if we feel up to it. I'm not too sure where to stay as there are so many little towns to choose from! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We would like to cut down our travel time between place to place if possible. Please suggest the best mode of transport from Paris to Provence as well as when we are traveling within the Provence region.
In terms of our budget, it is our honeymoon, so we do not mind splurging from time to time.
Below is a rough itinerary.
Day 1 - Flying
Day 2 - 5 Paris
Day 6 - 8 Provence (please suggest town)
Day 9 - 11 Provence (please suggest town)
Day 12 - 13 Paris
Day 14 Fly home
Please let me know what you think,
Jae and Mike
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 shruwat : VERIZON. Tec*h SUpp0RT CONTACT ☎ 1:855:999 :8045 VERIZON. MAIL
- 2 Solo in Paris and looking for the best neighborhood
- 3 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 4 Shortest wait for the Vatican without prebooking online?
- 5 Iceland trip report!
- 6 Anniversary trip to France
- 7 Paris Favorites (the 11th & wine regions)
- 8 How Best to spend 13 days in Italy
- 9 Nice to Cinque Terre where to stay.
- 10 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 11 Spain in September/October:a Good Idea?
- 12 Paris and Normandy
- 13 Buying Train Tickets at Schipol - Machine
- 14 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 15 London Hotel - Different Request
- 16 anyone stay here? ytri vik cottages
- 17 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 18 British Airways - Global Entry - TSA precheck
- 19 Best area to stay in Dubrovnik
- 20 London in Winter Report
- 21 Santorini Greece - Cooking Lessons
- 22 Greek honeymoon: He wants sightseeing, she wants beaches
- 23 Airport Transit Visa
- 24 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 25 Roma...any ideas for exploration?