My fiance and I are in the planning stages of our honeymoon and are looking for some suggestions as this is our first time going. We will be going in April 2014. The plan is to stay in Paris for 4 nights, then spend some days in the south of France and then head back to Paris for the remaining 2 days before we leave.
In terms of our interests, we are looking to immerse ourselves in the culture, site see, enjoy the dining and its also important for us to be able to just relax or wander the streets without an agenda. We know that there is quite a lot to see and do in Paris and we are well aware that there won't be time for much relaxing - but we don't mind this. We are hoping that the second part of our trip, South of France, will be more laid back and relaxing. Also think that when we head back to Paris for the last 2 days, it will be less rushed as we will be doing all of our sight seeing during the first half of the trip.
Im not very familiar with the South of France, but what comes to mind for me is fields of lavender, sunflowers and olive trees, a slower pace of life basically. We would like to stay in the smaller towns of Provence, which are more romantic and quaint, with some site seeing to do if we feel up to it. I'm not too sure where to stay as there are so many little towns to choose from! Any help would be greatly appreciated.
We would like to cut down our travel time between place to place if possible. Please suggest the best mode of transport from Paris to Provence as well as when we are traveling within the Provence region.
In terms of our budget, it is our honeymoon, so we do not mind splurging from time to time.
Below is a rough itinerary.
Day 1 - Flying
Day 2 - 5 Paris
Day 6 - 8 Provence (please suggest town)
Day 9 - 11 Provence (please suggest town)
Day 12 - 13 Paris
Day 14 Fly home
Please let me know what you think,
Jae and Mike
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome to Todi on a Sunday - public transport help please
- 2 Update on Bob the Navigator
- 3 Christmas windows of Boulevard Haussmann in Paris 2015
- 4 Poll: Most loved smaller European cities & towns (under 500,000 pop.)
- 5 Recommendations for a Drive through Chianti
- 6 Naxos hotels? has anyone stayed at Finikas?
- 7 8 days in Vienna in December
- 8 Solvenia to Venice stops on the way
- 9 A couple of questions which are not quite answered
- 10 Quickest and cheapest way to get to Marco Polo from Mogliano Veneto?
- 11 Car rental leaving Rome
- 12 small Paris hotel 6 or 7 Arr
- 13 Christmas Market and Parking
- 14 Paris Under Seige...
- 15 Barcelona to San Sebastian
- 16 London Travelcard vs oyster card
- 17 Pre-Booking Train Tickets
- 18 Summer Language Programs in Germany
- 19 Advices about our itiniary
- 20 Amsterdam - Germanyin mid April
- 21 Celebrating Christmas Early...in Vienna!
- 22 Lisbon Portugal to Madrid Spain in January
- 23 Interested in Icelandic cuisine?
- 24 First Day: Cashel or Kilkenny?
- 25 CAPITALIZING ON THE CAPITALS: Central Europe