I am searching for some advice on an itinerary for my honeymoon from 6/21-7/7 in France. Our first week in France will be spent with my fiance's family in Aix-en-Provence, as we are tagging along on a family vacation in hopes of saving some money
The family vacation ends on 6/30, which is a Saturday. A family member has generously offered to treat us to a stay in Lirac for 3 nights. We are planning on renting a car and driving from Aix to Lirac and spending the 3 days at a B&B there. We are considering spending 1-2 nights in a chateau (recommendations are welcome) in the Loire Valley or just heading to Paris and spending the rest of our trip (Tues-Saturday) there. I am curious to know the following:
1. What is there to do in Lirac? Suggestions for sights, food, activities, etc. would be wonderful.
2. Is it worth it to drive to the Loire Valley to spend 1-2 nights before going to Paris or should that be a different trip so we could spend the most time enjoying Paris?
2a. If the Loire Valley should be included...any recommendations for Chateau? Food? Sights?
3. Ahhh, Paris...would love any and all suggestions. Hotels, restaurants, shops, sights, etc.
I hope this isn't too broad and I really look forward to reading your suggestions. Many thanks in advance for any assistance offered! We just want to make the most of our honeymoon and enjoy France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 David's Abbreviated Iceland Trip Report
- 2 Surprise 30th Birthday Trip... ideas?
- 3 Lake Como- Which villa has the best garden?
- 4 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 5 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 6 Day trips from Seville -Granada, Cadiz&Jerez or white villages
- 7 Drive from Montepulciano to Cinque Terre
- 8 Best Viking Sites
- 9 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 10 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 11 Charming hotels in Paris, please help.
- 12 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 13 Greece
- 14 Madrid, Andalusia and possibly Tangiers
- 15 Paris advice with kids
- 16 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 17 tickets for Wimbledon
- 18 Chania
- 19 Iceland car rental agencies
- 20 Paris hotel
- 21 Train transfer questions and safety - France/NL/Belgium/UK
- 22 Schlipol Airport/Amsterdam/question
- 23 Frankfurt to Achen travel by train
- 24 Ex-pats with young kids
- 25 RS view on booking.com & the like