I am searching for some advice on an itinerary for my honeymoon from 6/21-7/7 in France. Our first week in France will be spent with my fiance's family in Aix-en-Provence, as we are tagging along on a family vacation in hopes of saving some money
The family vacation ends on 6/30, which is a Saturday. A family member has generously offered to treat us to a stay in Lirac for 3 nights. We are planning on renting a car and driving from Aix to Lirac and spending the 3 days at a B&B there. We are considering spending 1-2 nights in a chateau (recommendations are welcome) in the Loire Valley or just heading to Paris and spending the rest of our trip (Tues-Saturday) there. I am curious to know the following:
1. What is there to do in Lirac? Suggestions for sights, food, activities, etc. would be wonderful.
2. Is it worth it to drive to the Loire Valley to spend 1-2 nights before going to Paris or should that be a different trip so we could spend the most time enjoying Paris?
2a. If the Loire Valley should be included...any recommendations for Chateau? Food? Sights?
3. Ahhh, Paris...would love any and all suggestions. Hotels, restaurants, shops, sights, etc.
I hope this isn't too broad and I really look forward to reading your suggestions. Many thanks in advance for any assistance offered! We just want to make the most of our honeymoon and enjoy France
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Sim Card Options
- 2 Greek Islands (small)
- 3 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 4 38 Days in Paris
- 5 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 6 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 7 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 8 Day trip ideas
- 9 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 10 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 11 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 12 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 13 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 14 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 15 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 16 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 17 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 18 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 19 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 20 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 21 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 22 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 23 Things to do in Brussels
- 24 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 25 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?