We (65-yr mom, cousins, and 40-yr daughter) are planning a trip to central Europe around the end of September to early October.
We will be using public transportation. We are slow-paced travelers; we prefer beautiful towns and architecture, and due to limited time we know we don’t have time for everything.
Our questions are: 1) Please comments on our itinerary, and 2) Would you prefer going via Cesky Krumlov (option 1) or Nuremberg (option 2)? In terms of convenience and overall impression.
BUDAPEST (3 nights)
Day 1: Arrival in Budapest
Day 2: Hero Square, Vajdahunyad Castle, Hungarian Parliament, Chain Bridge
Day 3: Castle Hill, Fisherman’s Bastion, Nagycsarnok (Great Market Hall)
PRAGUE (3 nights)
Day 4: Train to Prague, may stop for lunch in Bratislava, dinner in Josefov
Day 5: Prague Castle
Day 6: Old Town Square, Astronomic Clock, Charles Bridge
CESKY KRUMLOV (1 night)
Day 7: Shuttle to Cesky Krumlov. Tour the town.
SALZBURG (3 nights)
Day 8: Shuttle to Salzburg. Visit the old town.
Day 9: The Sound of Music tour
Day 10: Probably a day trip to Hallstatt
MUNICH (4 nights)
Day 11: Train to Munich. Visit the old town.
Day 12: Day trip to Fussen
Day 13: Day trip to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber
Day 14: Viktualienmarkt, Munich Residence
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NUREMBERG (3 nights)
Day 7: Train to Nuremberg
Day 8: Day trip to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber
MUNICH (3 nights)
Day 9: Train to Munich. Visit the old town.
Day 10: Day trip to Fussen
Day 11: Viktualienmarkt, Munich Residence
SALZBURG (3 nights)
Day 12: Shuttle to Salzburg. Visit the old town.
Day 13: The Sound of Music tour
Day 14: Probably a day trip to Hallstatt
All inputs are more than welcome. Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 2 Recommendations for Wiesbaden
- 3 Summer 2016: Little details I worried about – and need not have
- 4 Things to do in Brussels
- 5 Opinion on sights in Florence
- 6 Marseille vs. Genoa
- 7 Short Trip in July
- 8 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 9 Domestic Connection Times at Athens Airport?
- 10 How beautiful is Lisbon compared to other european ciites?
- 11 Houses, Gardens & Walking in England
- 12 Visiting Monte Carlo during Grand Prix week
- 13 Naxos car rental
- 14 Overnight in Montpellier?
- 15 Planning a solo trip mostly to France, advice please!
- 16 K-Day
- 17 How do you buy a Camper Van in Europe? Help ME!
- 18 Driving from Spain to Portugal - passport check?
- 19 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 20 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 21 Greek Islands (small)
- 22 Campervan in Croatia
- 23 What's the biggest mistake you made on a European trip?
- 24 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 25 Sim card/Amsterdam