We (65-yr mom, cousins, and 40-yr daughter) are planning a trip to central Europe around the end of September to early October.
We will be using public transportation. We are slow-paced travelers; we prefer beautiful towns and architecture, and due to limited time we know we don’t have time for everything.
Our questions are: 1) Please comments on our itinerary, and 2) Would you prefer going via Cesky Krumlov (option 1) or Nuremberg (option 2)? In terms of convenience and overall impression.
BUDAPEST (3 nights)
Day 1: Arrival in Budapest
Day 2: Hero Square, Vajdahunyad Castle, Hungarian Parliament, Chain Bridge
Day 3: Castle Hill, Fisherman’s Bastion, Nagycsarnok (Great Market Hall)
PRAGUE (3 nights)
Day 4: Train to Prague, may stop for lunch in Bratislava, dinner in Josefov
Day 5: Prague Castle
Day 6: Old Town Square, Astronomic Clock, Charles Bridge
CESKY KRUMLOV (1 night)
Day 7: Shuttle to Cesky Krumlov. Tour the town.
SALZBURG (3 nights)
Day 8: Shuttle to Salzburg. Visit the old town.
Day 9: The Sound of Music tour
Day 10: Probably a day trip to Hallstatt
MUNICH (4 nights)
Day 11: Train to Munich. Visit the old town.
Day 12: Day trip to Fussen
Day 13: Day trip to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber
Day 14: Viktualienmarkt, Munich Residence
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NUREMBERG (3 nights)
Day 7: Train to Nuremberg
Day 8: Day trip to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber
MUNICH (3 nights)
Day 9: Train to Munich. Visit the old town.
Day 10: Day trip to Fussen
Day 11: Viktualienmarkt, Munich Residence
SALZBURG (3 nights)
Day 12: Shuttle to Salzburg. Visit the old town.
Day 13: The Sound of Music tour
Day 14: Probably a day trip to Hallstatt
All inputs are more than welcome. Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks italy itinerary
- 2 Journees du patrimonie 2017
- 3 Salzburg itinerary review
- 4 Paris in November
- 5 Athens hotel with Acropolis view from room/balcony
- 6 Trip Report - Croatia, Montenegro, Bosnia & Herzegovina
- 7 Best coffeeshop in Amsterdam for a noob?
- 8 First time to Spain: Seville & Madrid
- 9 What's a must to buy in Paris?
- 10 Shorts in South of France?
- 11 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 12 Drive or Train from Zurich to Florence?
- 13 A bit overwhelmed!!!
- 14 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 15 Northern Tucany / Southern Emilia-Romagna / Cinc Terre What to Do?
- 16 Adivice from experts please, Southern Dutch/Belgium German Borders
- 17 Bath/Cotswolds
- 18 Reports on trekking in Iceland
- 19 Thinking about the Fjords
- 20 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 21 Globus Iberian Tour
- 22 Staying in Madrid for one night?
- 23 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 24 First trip to the UK, please help me
- 25 Help Needed for 8/20: Train from Salzburg to Garmisch