We (65-yr mom, cousins, and 40-yr daughter) are planning a trip to central Europe around the end of September to early October.
We will be using public transportation. We are slow-paced travelers; we prefer beautiful towns and architecture, and due to limited time we know we don’t have time for everything.
Our questions are: 1) Please comments on our itinerary, and 2) Would you prefer going via Cesky Krumlov (option 1) or Nuremberg (option 2)? In terms of convenience and overall impression.
BUDAPEST (3 nights)
Day 1: Arrival in Budapest
Day 2: Hero Square, Vajdahunyad Castle, Hungarian Parliament, Chain Bridge
Day 3: Castle Hill, Fisherman’s Bastion, Nagycsarnok (Great Market Hall)
PRAGUE (3 nights)
Day 4: Train to Prague, may stop for lunch in Bratislava, dinner in Josefov
Day 5: Prague Castle
Day 6: Old Town Square, Astronomic Clock, Charles Bridge
CESKY KRUMLOV (1 night)
Day 7: Shuttle to Cesky Krumlov. Tour the town.
SALZBURG (3 nights)
Day 8: Shuttle to Salzburg. Visit the old town.
Day 9: The Sound of Music tour
Day 10: Probably a day trip to Hallstatt
MUNICH (4 nights)
Day 11: Train to Munich. Visit the old town.
Day 12: Day trip to Fussen
Day 13: Day trip to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber
Day 14: Viktualienmarkt, Munich Residence
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NUREMBERG (3 nights)
Day 7: Train to Nuremberg
Day 8: Day trip to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber
MUNICH (3 nights)
Day 9: Train to Munich. Visit the old town.
Day 10: Day trip to Fussen
Day 11: Viktualienmarkt, Munich Residence
SALZBURG (3 nights)
Day 12: Shuttle to Salzburg. Visit the old town.
Day 13: The Sound of Music tour
Day 14: Probably a day trip to Hallstatt
All inputs are more than welcome. Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Undiscovered Places in Paris
- 2 Amsterdam
- 3 Glasgow, Scotland excursions.
- 4 9-10 days beginning with Barcelona Marathon - what to do after?
- 5 travel to prague, vienna and munich
- 6 Venice to Zermatt by Train
- 7 Spanish Medical Providers
- 8 How can I stay in Italy for more than 90 days?
- 9 Boozing and Bathing in Budapest!
- 10 13 Nights Greece, first time, April 2018. HELP
- 11 8 Days in Spain
- 12 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 13 Requesting feedback on proposed itinerary—London, Cornwall, and Wales, June 2018
- 14 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 15 Charming movie to watch if you've visited Erice in Sicily
- 16 Scenic cruise advice
- 17 Barcelona alternative
- 18 Italy Car Scam
- 19 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 20 Help with Greek islands itinerary-which islands to pick!
- 21 Mantova, Ravenna, Brisighella, Bologna
- 22 God Save the Queen?
- 23 Trip Report: Scotland, Vienna, Prague, and Berlin (May/June 2017)
- 24 Pompei, Naples and...Sorrento?
- 25 Train from Polgate to St Pancras