We (65-yr mom, cousins, and 40-yr daughter) are planning a trip to central Europe around the end of September to early October.
We will be using public transportation. We are slow-paced travelers; we prefer beautiful towns and architecture, and due to limited time we know we don’t have time for everything.
Our questions are: 1) Please comments on our itinerary, and 2) Would you prefer going via Cesky Krumlov (option 1) or Nuremberg (option 2)? In terms of convenience and overall impression.
BUDAPEST (3 nights)
Day 1: Arrival in Budapest
Day 2: Hero Square, Vajdahunyad Castle, Hungarian Parliament, Chain Bridge
Day 3: Castle Hill, Fisherman’s Bastion, Nagycsarnok (Great Market Hall)
PRAGUE (3 nights)
Day 4: Train to Prague, may stop for lunch in Bratislava, dinner in Josefov
Day 5: Prague Castle
Day 6: Old Town Square, Astronomic Clock, Charles Bridge
CESKY KRUMLOV (1 night)
Day 7: Shuttle to Cesky Krumlov. Tour the town.
SALZBURG (3 nights)
Day 8: Shuttle to Salzburg. Visit the old town.
Day 9: The Sound of Music tour
Day 10: Probably a day trip to Hallstatt
MUNICH (4 nights)
Day 11: Train to Munich. Visit the old town.
Day 12: Day trip to Fussen
Day 13: Day trip to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber
Day 14: Viktualienmarkt, Munich Residence
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NUREMBERG (3 nights)
Day 7: Train to Nuremberg
Day 8: Day trip to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber
MUNICH (3 nights)
Day 9: Train to Munich. Visit the old town.
Day 10: Day trip to Fussen
Day 11: Viktualienmarkt, Munich Residence
SALZBURG (3 nights)
Day 12: Shuttle to Salzburg. Visit the old town.
Day 13: The Sound of Music tour
Day 14: Probably a day trip to Hallstatt
All inputs are more than welcome. Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 2 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 3 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 4 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 5 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 6 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 7 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 8 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 9 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 10 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 11 Juangfrau / mt
- 12 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 13 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)
- 14 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 15 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 16 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 17 3-4 days Netherland trip
- 18 Switzerland
- 19 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 20 Questions about Polish sights
- 21 Recommendations for meandering travel this fall in Spain and Portugal
- 22 If you had to choose one......
- 23 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 24 Ireland travel passport question
- 25 Italy