We (65-yr mom, cousins, and 40-yr daughter) are planning a trip to central Europe around the end of September to early October.
We will be using public transportation. We are slow-paced travelers; we prefer beautiful towns and architecture, and due to limited time we know we don’t have time for everything.
Our questions are: 1) Please comments on our itinerary, and 2) Would you prefer going via Cesky Krumlov (option 1) or Nuremberg (option 2)? In terms of convenience and overall impression.
BUDAPEST (3 nights)
Day 1: Arrival in Budapest
Day 2: Hero Square, Vajdahunyad Castle, Hungarian Parliament, Chain Bridge
Day 3: Castle Hill, Fisherman’s Bastion, Nagycsarnok (Great Market Hall)
PRAGUE (3 nights)
Day 4: Train to Prague, may stop for lunch in Bratislava, dinner in Josefov
Day 5: Prague Castle
Day 6: Old Town Square, Astronomic Clock, Charles Bridge
CESKY KRUMLOV (1 night)
Day 7: Shuttle to Cesky Krumlov. Tour the town.
SALZBURG (3 nights)
Day 8: Shuttle to Salzburg. Visit the old town.
Day 9: The Sound of Music tour
Day 10: Probably a day trip to Hallstatt
MUNICH (4 nights)
Day 11: Train to Munich. Visit the old town.
Day 12: Day trip to Fussen
Day 13: Day trip to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber
Day 14: Viktualienmarkt, Munich Residence
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NUREMBERG (3 nights)
Day 7: Train to Nuremberg
Day 8: Day trip to Rothenburg Ob der Tauber
MUNICH (3 nights)
Day 9: Train to Munich. Visit the old town.
Day 10: Day trip to Fussen
Day 11: Viktualienmarkt, Munich Residence
SALZBURG (3 nights)
Day 12: Shuttle to Salzburg. Visit the old town.
Day 13: The Sound of Music tour
Day 14: Probably a day trip to Hallstatt
All inputs are more than welcome. Many thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Switzerland Itinerary in 5 days early-June
- 2 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 3 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 4 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 5 We're here!
- 6 Travel options from Budapest to Zagreb
- 7 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 8 Reliable tour companies for day trips?
- 9 Gorges du Tarn, accommodation & Activity recommendations
- 10 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 11 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 12 Info about Poland
- 13 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 14 5 days near Munich, Germany in late-May
- 15 Barcelona question
- 16 SOUTH OF FRANCE / ITALY ITINERARY SUGGESTIONS
- 17 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 18 The Mystic East - a tale of hot food, hot weather, airmiles and imodium.
- 19 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 20 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 21 Fodors IT team, ITS TIME.
- 22 Interesting places to visit
- 23 Amalfi Coast - help!
- 24 Short Spain Trip - questions
- 25 Advice on Berlin hotels