So I'm planning a backpacking trip in Italy with my mother. I've never traveled much before so I have no idea where to start planning this. We will be there for 2 weeks in August.
As for the itinerary, how many days should we spend in each city? I was thinking about going to Venice, Cinque Terre, Milan, Pisa, Rome, Florence and Tuscany. Is there any other place a first time Italy traveler should go? What city should we fly to/leave from?
What fun activities should be done while in Italy?
Any other tips or suggestion is welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 2 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 3 Ireland itinerary help please
- 4 No Periods in British Written English!
- 5 Advice 10 day Itinerary Ireland
- 6 3-days Athens Itinerary, thoughts? Starting this Wednesday!
- 7 Organised day tours v/s self travel
- 8 Naples/The Amalfi Coast...and Sicily?
- 9 Wine tasting in Granada, Seville without driving
- 10 Canal du Midi
- 11 One Month in Italy - Where would you base yourself?
- 12 Ireland road trip in June: Where to stop?
- 13 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 14 Aix-- looking for a few obscure ideas
- 15 Mini trip report - a week in London
- 16 Switzerland/Italy (2 weeks vacations)
- 17 Help me plan a 2 week trip to London and the Edinburgh Fringe Festival!
- 18 Lamezia Terme, Italy
- 19 Looking for a unique 3 days in Venice
- 20 Driving (hire car) in Paris, France, Belgium
- 21 Driving from Rennes to Geneva
- 22 Praiano
- 23 Day trips to Windsor Castle and Hampton Court from London
- 24 Seeking Andalusia itinerary recommendation
- 25 Ireland last minute recommendations