So I'm planning a backpacking trip in Italy with my mother. I've never traveled much before so I have no idea where to start planning this. We will be there for 2 weeks in August.
As for the itinerary, how many days should we spend in each city? I was thinking about going to Venice, Cinque Terre, Milan, Pisa, Rome, Florence and Tuscany. Is there any other place a first time Italy traveler should go? What city should we fly to/leave from?
What fun activities should be done while in Italy?
Any other tips or suggestion is welcome!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Visiting paris and italy can this itinerary work?
- 2 credit and debit cards
- 3 17 days Slovenia croatia
- 4 Best sites in Slovenia and Croatia
- 5 Getting around Lisbon
- 6 Athens International airport
- 7 Spain/Portugal Travel for Older Couple
- 8 Ephesus - Tour A or B??
- 9 2 weeks in Germany – itinerary sanity check
- 10 Sardinia or Corsica??
- 11 YIKES!
- 12 Am sterdam is there a hop on hop off bus
- 13 Cinqueterre
- 14 Cinque Terre, Florence, Venice
- 15 Does Zurich have a hop on hop off bus system
- 16 Swiss Pass
- 17 17 day roadtrip through UK: Need suggestions
- 18 Trip to Ireland in September
- 19 BARCELONA! Tapas, tours & towers - flamenco, festas & food!
- 20 Thoughts on visiting Turkey this summer? Safe?
- 21 For a Taste of Four Cultures on Two Contınents
- 22 Best Car Rental - Dublin Drop of Shannon
- 23 Final Four
- 24 Next Spring: Copenhagen and ???
- 25 Charming areas to explore in London