We are planning our 3 week honeymoon for late May - early June 2015. We are set on Europe (my fiancé has never been there). He initially wanted to see more cultural stuff (museums, site seeing, castles...) but I wanted to see the sea and get some much needed time to relax. After a lot of thoughts we decided to part our honeymoon in 2: the first half to visit and the second half to relax.
Europe is large and diverse and I've been a couple on times already so we narrowed it down:
1rst part of the trip: romantic Central Europe. Prague (4 days), Vienna (5 days), Budapest (4 days)
Then: one day to travel elsewhere (low cost flight)
2nd part of the trip: Beach! That's where we are not sure where to go yet. We are hesitating between Amalfi coast + Capri, Crete, Cyclads in Greece (but which ones?!?), Sardinia, Mallorca, Sicily, Croatia. We are more tempted with the Cyclads or the Amalfi coast, less with Sardinia or Mallorca (too early to swim). We have the remaining of our time to spend in this 2nd destination, so about 6 full days (excluding the arriving and departing days).
What do you think? For the first leg of the trip we will travel by train, take the time from Vienna to do 1 or 2 day trips and then travel by ferry from Vienna to Budapest (one possible stop to Bratislava if it's worth it).
The second leg of the trip is really where we need your suggestions! If it can help we have a budget of about 6k excluding transportation, we are budget travellers and don't care for 4* hotels or fancy restaurants/alcohol. We want to spend most of our money on activities. For the beach part, we would like to enjoy the sun, maybe spend a day on the beach, scuba dive if possible, do some hiking, eat local food... enjoy ourselves to the max before heading back home!
Thank you all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 2 Swiss Travel Pass
- 3 Hello -Please- Excuse Me- Good-Bye - Thank You ???
- 4 10 days in Paris and......
- 5 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 6 Brouhaha in Britain Over New 5 Pound Notes!
- 7 Athens
- 8 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 9 Edinburgh Tattoo-2017-Tickets
- 10 Malaga City Center Hotels
- 11 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 12 Purchase Train Ticket Madrid to Toledo Ahead?
- 13 We're here!
- 14 Suggestions of Paris things to do Christmas and New Years?
- 15 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 16 Venice, Florence - too many museums.
- 17 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 18 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 19 Lisbon-mini trip report
- 20 airports near Delphi or Kalabaka
- 21 Another Guide for Art Loving Tourists
- 22 Petrol in Greece
- 23 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 24 Novels about Spain and Spanish history
- 25 France for 3 weeks..Too many choices