We are planning our 3 week honeymoon for late May - early June 2015. We are set on Europe (my fiancé has never been there). He initially wanted to see more cultural stuff (museums, site seeing, castles...) but I wanted to see the sea and get some much needed time to relax. After a lot of thoughts we decided to part our honeymoon in 2: the first half to visit and the second half to relax.
Europe is large and diverse and I've been a couple on times already so we narrowed it down:
1rst part of the trip: romantic Central Europe. Prague (4 days), Vienna (5 days), Budapest (4 days)
Then: one day to travel elsewhere (low cost flight)
2nd part of the trip: Beach! That's where we are not sure where to go yet. We are hesitating between Amalfi coast + Capri, Crete, Cyclads in Greece (but which ones?!?), Sardinia, Mallorca, Sicily, Croatia. We are more tempted with the Cyclads or the Amalfi coast, less with Sardinia or Mallorca (too early to swim). We have the remaining of our time to spend in this 2nd destination, so about 6 full days (excluding the arriving and departing days).
What do you think? For the first leg of the trip we will travel by train, take the time from Vienna to do 1 or 2 day trips and then travel by ferry from Vienna to Budapest (one possible stop to Bratislava if it's worth it).
The second leg of the trip is really where we need your suggestions! If it can help we have a budget of about 6k excluding transportation, we are budget travellers and don't care for 4* hotels or fancy restaurants/alcohol. We want to spend most of our money on activities. For the beach part, we would like to enjoy the sun, maybe spend a day on the beach, scuba dive if possible, do some hiking, eat local food... enjoy ourselves to the max before heading back home!
Thank you all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Spain itinerary for sept/Oct?
- 2 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 3 Rhodes: New town or Old Town
- 4 3 days in Paris then on to London what do we have to see?
- 5 September Honeymoon advice (Paris, Switzerland and Italy)
- 6 places : Italy Austria Germany Switzerland France Belgium Spain
- 7 Europe's Most Famous Streets?
- 8 Is Dresden worth a day-trip?
- 9 Driving in Saint Emilion
- 10 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 11 Amsterdam and Antwerp?
- 12 Paris: Les Grands Voisins Project...
- 13 Shall we Gdansk?
- 14 Help us decide-- Ferrara, Mantua, Padua, Verona, Vicenza?
- 15 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 16 Varenna to hotel near Milan airport
- 17 Jewish Vienna
- 18 Short time in Vienna
- 19 Itinerary Help: France in Late September
- 20 Budva or Perast in Montenegro
- 21 Munich to Hallstatt in a day
- 22 Best Date for Vatican Museums?
- 23 14 days from Frankfurt to Paris by train
- 24 Prague State Opera/ Verdi Festival
- 25 Switzerland part of 3-week trip