We are planning our 3 week honeymoon for late May - early June 2015. We are set on Europe (my fiancé has never been there). He initially wanted to see more cultural stuff (museums, site seeing, castles...) but I wanted to see the sea and get some much needed time to relax. After a lot of thoughts we decided to part our honeymoon in 2: the first half to visit and the second half to relax.
Europe is large and diverse and I've been a couple on times already so we narrowed it down:
1rst part of the trip: romantic Central Europe. Prague (4 days), Vienna (5 days), Budapest (4 days)
Then: one day to travel elsewhere (low cost flight)
2nd part of the trip: Beach! That's where we are not sure where to go yet. We are hesitating between Amalfi coast + Capri, Crete, Cyclads in Greece (but which ones?!?), Sardinia, Mallorca, Sicily, Croatia. We are more tempted with the Cyclads or the Amalfi coast, less with Sardinia or Mallorca (too early to swim). We have the remaining of our time to spend in this 2nd destination, so about 6 full days (excluding the arriving and departing days).
What do you think? For the first leg of the trip we will travel by train, take the time from Vienna to do 1 or 2 day trips and then travel by ferry from Vienna to Budapest (one possible stop to Bratislava if it's worth it).
The second leg of the trip is really where we need your suggestions! If it can help we have a budget of about 6k excluding transportation, we are budget travellers and don't care for 4* hotels or fancy restaurants/alcohol. We want to spend most of our money on activities. For the beach part, we would like to enjoy the sun, maybe spend a day on the beach, scuba dive if possible, do some hiking, eat local food... enjoy ourselves to the max before heading back home!
Thank you all!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Car service from Vienna Airport
- 2 Supplements in Carry on bag
- 3 Trains in Italy
- 4 Restaurants in Rome near Pantheon, Spanish Steps, Trevi Fountain
- 5 Best day trips from Turin, Bologna, Cortona
- 6 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 7 Apartment Montreux area
- 8 Rome or Venice first
- 9 Europe First Timers
- 10 Paris GTG October 6 - 14?
- 11 Please help with hotels in Seville
- 12 Chania Crete -apartment or home stay
- 13 Norther Spain first Iteniary
- 14 Trip For Physical, Intellectual, Emotional Exercize
- 15 Safety in Rome
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 An evening in London
- 18 8 in Rome or Rome + Amalfi in June
- 19 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 20 Criss-crossing the Camino: 5 weeks in Northern Spain (and a bit of France)
- 21 Lunch near Amboise, Loire Valley
- 22 Seeking reasonable itinerary
- 23 Chur or St Moritz?
- 24 Itinerary review: Croatia/Italy
- 25 Jamikins and Bikerscott in Andalusia