My sister, husband and I are traveling in April to Zurich then going to Italy. We have all been to Switzerland but want to ride the Bernina Express into Italy. What would be the best place for us to spend two nights before catching the Bernina Express? We initially planned on staying in Pontresenia for two nights but we are not hikers or skiers. Would there be enough for us to do in this area weather allowing in April? We could go to Luzern and spend a night or maybe two if we can still make the Bernina Express work from there. Another option would be Chur...Any advice or opinions? We have all been to Luzern but it is so beautiful it may be the best choice if we can make the Bernina connection. We have hotel reservations in the Lake Como area following the trip on the Bernina Express. I welcome all opinions and help you can offer. Our travel date is April 10th.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris hotels
- 2 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 3 From Portugal to the Pyrenees and onto Paris
- 4 London-Help Me Spend Money
- 5 UK: "Ghost Trains!"
- 6 London Hotels
- 7 Intercity Notte training boarding time
- 8 25th Anniversary in Italy - Spring 2017
- 9 Paris and London Christmas / NY EVE
- 10 great hotel and food in Lyon
- 11 In Search of Montalbano - the ups and downs of 10 days in Eastern Sicily
- 12 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 13 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 14 Back from Paris
- 15 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 16 Summer Travel order
- 17 10 days in Paris and......
- 18 Another tipping question: concierges
- 19 Brugge hotel help
- 20 Luggage Storage
- 21 Omonia metro to Piraeus
- 22 Which airport for Bellagio?
- 23 Romeloft Apartment Trastevere
- 24 Where to weekend away from Frankfurt
- 25 After Beaune, need suggestions for the next 10 days