My sister, husband and I are traveling in April to Zurich then going to Italy. We have all been to Switzerland but want to ride the Bernina Express into Italy. What would be the best place for us to spend two nights before catching the Bernina Express? We initially planned on staying in Pontresenia for two nights but we are not hikers or skiers. Would there be enough for us to do in this area weather allowing in April? We could go to Luzern and spend a night or maybe two if we can still make the Bernina Express work from there. Another option would be Chur...Any advice or opinions? We have all been to Luzern but it is so beautiful it may be the best choice if we can make the Bernina connection. We have hotel reservations in the Lake Como area following the trip on the Bernina Express. I welcome all opinions and help you can offer. Our travel date is April 10th.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 No Periods in British Written English!
- 2 Dublin or Amsterdam?
- 3 itinerary help: 18 days in Wales/Scotland
- 4 A few days in Naples - what a great city
- 5 Hotel Dauphine. Paris.
- 6 Bus from Dubrovnik to Mostar
- 7 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 8 First Trip from Boston to Italy
- 9 Can I do Stonehenge and Bath from Isle of Wight in 1 day?
- 10 Day trip to Lake Como from Milan
- 11 First time in Bulgaria
- 12 Question about Alsa Bus from Cordoba to Granada
- 13 8ish days Zurich to Como...
- 14 Alps Drive
- 15 Not Gone From Memory Or From Love — The Western Front Revisited
- 16 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 17 St Denis Cathedral
- 18 Flying into London and Flying out of Edinburgh
- 19 Paris cooking classes
- 20 Sicily-Driving from Taormina to Cefalu
- 21 Scotland 10 Nights - Trying To Narrow Down Where To Go & Stay
- 22 Review Final Iceland Itinerary Please
- 23 Parma, Reggio or Modena for a year?
- 24 Americans moving to Europe - Suggestions?
- 25 The Roads Less Traveled: Traversing France With Mai Tai Tom & Tracy