My sister, husband and I are traveling in April to Zurich then going to Italy. We have all been to Switzerland but want to ride the Bernina Express into Italy. What would be the best place for us to spend two nights before catching the Bernina Express? We initially planned on staying in Pontresenia for two nights but we are not hikers or skiers. Would there be enough for us to do in this area weather allowing in April? We could go to Luzern and spend a night or maybe two if we can still make the Bernina Express work from there. Another option would be Chur...Any advice or opinions? We have all been to Luzern but it is so beautiful it may be the best choice if we can make the Bernina connection. We have hotel reservations in the Lake Como area following the trip on the Bernina Express. I welcome all opinions and help you can offer. Our travel date is April 10th.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greek Islands (small)
- 2 Barcelona to Paris - Road trip in between?
- 3 38 Days in Paris
- 4 Day trip ideas from Bristol, UK
- 5 Sim card/Amsterdam
- 6 English Gardens Itinerary Advice please
- 7 Day trip ideas
- 8 Cornwall of the beaten path suggestions
- 9 Help with purchasing a wedding gift card
- 10 Santorini - Fira/Oia options
- 11 Help with hotels in Santorini
- 12 Scottish Heritage Pass v. Explorer Pass
- 13 roaming Prague...but for how long?
- 14 Advice on car and getting around Aeolian Islands
- 15 Springtime in Holland - Trip report
- 16 NO Luggage Storage at Padua train station?
- 17 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 18 Looking for Italy Itinerary Advice (8N)
- 19 Bringing wine home from Italy?
- 20 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 21 Train in Switzerland from Basel to Zermatt to Zurich
- 22 Things to do in Brussels
- 23 Booking trains in Europe (Venice to Chur)
- 24 San Francisco retirees would like to move to Paris for a year- crazy idea?
- 25 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?