Bit of background
Will be arriving in Rome in the evening 8pm, will head to our hotel and enjoy the pool that night. Family of 4, with 2 kids around 10 yrs. We will get up in the morning, take hotel shuttle to the train station, leave our luggage there, then explore rome. We have been in Rome so, this is more of a quick refresher of the Coliseum, forum, few more spots. Take an evening fast train around 8pm to Napoli. Stay the night in a hotel near the train station. Wake up early and take the local train to Sorrento where we will be staying for 2 nights.
DAY 1 in Sorrento
We plan on arriving Sorrento around 10am from Napoli. We are considering leaving our luggage at the train station and then take the ferry to Capri. Spend the day there, wondering around till about 5 pm, and then take the ferry back to Sorento, pick up our luggage and head to our hotel.
Questions about Capri. Is there good beaches near the area where the ferry terminal is? What would you do with 5 hours on the island?
Is there good spots to spend the evening in downtown Sorrento for dinner? Maybe enjoy the sunset
DAY 2 - Visit Amalfi and Positano
Given that this is our full day at the AC we want to visit these two towns. It is middle of August, do we bother with the SITA buses or just take the ferry to get there quicker? There is a bus stop outside out hotel, but it is after the bus had left Sorrento, so we are afraid it may be packed. Maybe ferry to Positano, and then bus in the evening since the ferry leaves Positano around 5 pm or so?
How are the beaches in Positano? Should we expect to pay 10 Euro for a chair, or is there some public beaches that we can use?
Going from Positano to Amalfi. Should we use the bus, or is the ferry the most convenient option?
How are the beaches in Amalfi. Is there some near the ferry terminal?
How would you divide the whole day between Positano and Amalfi.
I know the plan is ambitious, but so are we. We like to move and get things going, and with enough Gelato everything is possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 (U.S) YAHOO GOT THE MAIL APP CONTACT 1:800:540:6830 TEC*H SUPPORT
- 2 Paris..The St. Germain area.
- 3 Rome hotel
- 4 Day in Capri
- 5 Villa in Italy
- 6 Mobile wifi for Europe travel
- 7 Help me make this possible!
- 8 Lonely Planet‘s Best in Europe list-your thoughts please
- 9 Best Barcelona neighborhood
- 10 Cycling Nice into Italy along the coast
- 11 One night in the Dolomites
- 12 Vatican tour
- 13 Cap Ferrat, Antibe, Luberon?
- 14 Places to stop/stay?
- 15 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 16 Renting a car for France thru BritishAirways.com instead of AutoEurope
- 17 Allocating time in Barcelona - Gaudi tickets
- 18 First visit to London
- 19 Route Information
- 20 Problem using American bank card in Turkey
- 21 Driving Bruges to Paris. Is it worth the drive?
- 22 Madrid and Andalucia Itinerary and Travel Advice
- 23 My thoughts go to Manchester
- 24 International drivers permit
- 25 Seeking scenic route from Bala, Wales to london
Bit of background