Bit of background
Will be arriving in Rome in the evening 8pm, will head to our hotel and enjoy the pool that night. Family of 4, with 2 kids around 10 yrs. We will get up in the morning, take hotel shuttle to the train station, leave our luggage there, then explore rome. We have been in Rome so, this is more of a quick refresher of the Coliseum, forum, few more spots. Take an evening fast train around 8pm to Napoli. Stay the night in a hotel near the train station. Wake up early and take the local train to Sorrento where we will be staying for 2 nights.
DAY 1 in Sorrento
We plan on arriving Sorrento around 10am from Napoli. We are considering leaving our luggage at the train station and then take the ferry to Capri. Spend the day there, wondering around till about 5 pm, and then take the ferry back to Sorento, pick up our luggage and head to our hotel.
Questions about Capri. Is there good beaches near the area where the ferry terminal is? What would you do with 5 hours on the island?
Is there good spots to spend the evening in downtown Sorrento for dinner? Maybe enjoy the sunset
DAY 2 - Visit Amalfi and Positano
Given that this is our full day at the AC we want to visit these two towns. It is middle of August, do we bother with the SITA buses or just take the ferry to get there quicker? There is a bus stop outside out hotel, but it is after the bus had left Sorrento, so we are afraid it may be packed. Maybe ferry to Positano, and then bus in the evening since the ferry leaves Positano around 5 pm or so?
How are the beaches in Positano? Should we expect to pay 10 Euro for a chair, or is there some public beaches that we can use?
Going from Positano to Amalfi. Should we use the bus, or is the ferry the most convenient option?
How are the beaches in Amalfi. Is there some near the ferry terminal?
How would you divide the whole day between Positano and Amalfi.
I know the plan is ambitious, but so are we. We like to move and get things going, and with enough Gelato everything is possible.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 2 car rental
- 3 Munich and....???
- 4 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 5 Ambitious 1st time trip through Europe whilst pregnant??
- 6 Cyclades w/kids & my ruins-fanatic DH (itin and accommodation advice)
- 7 Scotland in 18 nights, smirr and sun and mud!
- 8 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 9 Portugal: 70th birthday trip
- 10 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 11 Another theft warning: coastal trains, between Genoa & Tuscany
- 12 FRANCE 10 YEARS ON: Paris Dordogne Albi Toulouse Arles S Rhone and Nice
- 13 Caution picking car from Europcar at Stazione Termini
- 14 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 15 Northern Ireland ideas
- 16 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 17 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 18 Itinerary input for trip to Spain and France
- 19 Long weekend in Albania
- 20 ASTURIAS IN LATE OCTOBER??
- 21 Online Site for Alhambra Tickets
- 22 Just the wine list please and Daisy came too.
- 23 scotland itinerary
- 24 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 25 Stanbr and Lolly visit Eastern Crete
Bit of background