We're looking to travel anywhere from early Sept. to mid Oct. by car, flying into/out of Munich airport.
Arrive Munich airport early am. and drive to Zell am See for 2 nights
Drive to the Postojna area and stay 2 nights
Drive to Lake Bled and stay 4 nights
Drive to Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden and stay 3 nights
Afternoon flight to back to the U.S.
We're looking for suggestions for an alternative to Zell am See. We've been to Zell am See twice before and would maybe like to see someplace we haven't been before, but would like it to be roughly midway between Munich airport and Postojna. Driving 2 to 3 hours after arriving at Munich airport is not a problem, as we've done it many times. The drive for Munich airport to Postojna is roughly 5-6 hours. Any favorites or suggestions for a town/village or B&B/Pension style place to stay our first 2 nights?
We've been to Salzburg, Berchtesgaden, Ramsau, Konigsee, St. Gilgen, Hallstatt, Zell am See and Heiligenblut before, so anywhere other than those also.
Thanks in advance.
2 nights between Munich and Slovenia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Can you recommend a little seaside town near Athen?
- 2 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 3 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 4 Normandy, Brittany and Loire Valley in May - please help with itinerary
- 5 Tedgale Trip Report: Portugal in April 2014 (with Easter in Amsterdam)
- 6 7 Nights in Paris
- 7 London neighborhood suggestions
- 8 Where Would You Add Two Days - Tuscany & CT Itinerary
- 9 Ferry or Catamaran from Split-Hvar
- 10 Why don't the French want to work?
- 11 Driving from Italy to France
- 12 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 13 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 14 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 15 Edinburgh - Mercat Tours -
- 16 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 17 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 18 Daily Bus Tours in Croatia, Slovenia and nearby countries
- 19 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 20 Late night/early morning transport from Barcelona Airport to city center
- 21 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 22 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 23 Italy, England, OR France in 2015: Tour Operators - Or go it alone?
- 24 Skip the Line: Small-Group Eiffel Tower Sunset Tour
- 25 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice