We're looking to travel anywhere from early Sept. to mid Oct. by car, flying into/out of Munich airport.
Arrive Munich airport early am. and drive to Zell am See for 2 nights
Drive to the Postojna area and stay 2 nights
Drive to Lake Bled and stay 4 nights
Drive to Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden and stay 3 nights
Afternoon flight to back to the U.S.
We're looking for suggestions for an alternative to Zell am See. We've been to Zell am See twice before and would maybe like to see someplace we haven't been before, but would like it to be roughly midway between Munich airport and Postojna. Driving 2 to 3 hours after arriving at Munich airport is not a problem, as we've done it many times. The drive for Munich airport to Postojna is roughly 5-6 hours. Any favorites or suggestions for a town/village or B&B/Pension style place to stay our first 2 nights?
We've been to Salzburg, Berchtesgaden, Ramsau, Konigsee, St. Gilgen, Hallstatt, Zell am See and Heiligenblut before, so anywhere other than those also.
Thanks in advance.
2 nights between Munich and Slovenia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Paris Markets for a 5 Course Meal
- 2 Madrid: Historic Homes & Gardens
- 3 How to schedule train connection from Frankfurt Airport
- 4 100 years of French gratitude
- 5 Madrid: City Views
- 6 Northern Italy for Nature Lovers/Crowd Haters
- 7 Train from Orvieto to Rome station- 11:23 the earliest time??
- 8 Day Trips from Nice
- 9 Iwan2go went to the Dordogne
- 10 Anyone familiar with these Ile St. Louis apartments?
- 11 Appropriate attire for Provence
- 12 London restaurants
- 13 Bilbo's wedding in Puglia, what could go wrong?
- 14 Swiss Air seat assignments
- 15 Flight into London out Frankfurt (stop Paris, Amsterdam Prague)?
- 16 Istanbul water
- 17 Spain Rental Car Logistics - Barcelona Train Station
- 18 City Night Line from Paris to Munich
- 19 Peggy does Deutschland...
- 20 Marche Bastille - Oct Hours and Meet up Location?
- 21 Norway 2014
- 22 A bit MORE of the Camino de Santiago
- 23 July in The Mezzogiorno – 3 weeks in Southern Italy: Amalfi Coast & Puglia
- 24 Barcelona at night? Single female...
- 25 Cinque Terre v Tuscany