We're looking to travel anywhere from early Sept. to mid Oct. by car, flying into/out of Munich airport.
Arrive Munich airport early am. and drive to Zell am See for 2 nights
Drive to the Postojna area and stay 2 nights
Drive to Lake Bled and stay 4 nights
Drive to Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden and stay 3 nights
Afternoon flight to back to the U.S.
We're looking for suggestions for an alternative to Zell am See. We've been to Zell am See twice before and would maybe like to see someplace we haven't been before, but would like it to be roughly midway between Munich airport and Postojna. Driving 2 to 3 hours after arriving at Munich airport is not a problem, as we've done it many times. The drive for Munich airport to Postojna is roughly 5-6 hours. Any favorites or suggestions for a town/village or B&B/Pension style place to stay our first 2 nights?
We've been to Salzburg, Berchtesgaden, Ramsau, Konigsee, St. Gilgen, Hallstatt, Zell am See and Heiligenblut before, so anywhere other than those also.
Thanks in advance.
2 nights between Munich and Slovenia
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Which is better for the summer - Black or Baltic Sea?
- 2 Uk visa processing time
- 3 17 days in Scotland, Ireland and a bit overwhelmed
- 4 Heathrow-Bath bus tickets
- 5 NZ Passport validity
- 6 Where to stay in Nice? Family of 4.
- 7 Border controls at Frankfurt for NZers
- 8 Uk visa
- 9 Hotel Royal St Honore - Paris in August
- 10 Europe in June with 8-year old
- 11 Northwestern Switzerland Fall 2014
- 12 Afternoon Tea in London: Savoy vs. Ritz
- 13 22" or 24" for Europe trains?
- 14 Paris Street Market Selling Soaps from Provence
- 15 Cappadocia Cave hotel suggestion
- 16 Positano to Amalfi in April
- 17 September Trip to Normandy/Brittany/Paris
- 18 4 days in Sorrento, 4 days in Rome--expert advice needed!
- 19 Porto to Salamanca
- 20 Trip to Italy
- 21 Classical Music Concert in Vienna
- 22 Copenhagen hotel
- 23 scotland trave;
- 24 Mediterranean Vacation - Transportation
- 25 How Well-Traveled Are You?