We're looking to travel anywhere from early Sept. to mid Oct. by car, flying into/out of Munich airport.
Arrive Munich airport early am. and drive to Zell am See for 2 nights
Drive to the Postojna area and stay 2 nights
Drive to Lake Bled and stay 4 nights
Drive to Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden and stay 3 nights
Afternoon flight to back to the U.S.
We're looking for suggestions for an alternative to Zell am See. We've been to Zell am See twice before and would maybe like to see someplace we haven't been before, but would like it to be roughly midway between Munich airport and Postojna. Driving 2 to 3 hours after arriving at Munich airport is not a problem, as we've done it many times. The drive for Munich airport to Postojna is roughly 5-6 hours. Any favorites or suggestions for a town/village or B&B/Pension style place to stay our first 2 nights?
We've been to Salzburg, Berchtesgaden, Ramsau, Konigsee, St. Gilgen, Hallstatt, Zell am See and Heiligenblut before, so anywhere other than those also.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Granada to Madrid
- 2 English Countryside
- 3 Where to buy Saffron?
- 4 8 to 9 days in switzerland with swiss pass
- 5 Barcelona cooking classes
- 6 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 7 Athens daytrip - feasible?
- 8 1st time in ZURICH
- 9 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz #150
- 10 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 11 Trip to CPH - Connection time in Oslo?
- 12 No Train On Kings Day Amsterdam?
- 13 May/June 2016 - Switzerland, Germany, and Austria - Hiking Included
- 14 Prague, Rome or Amsterdam
- 15 12 days itinerary - Netherland, Belgium & Germany
- 16 If you had to choose one......
- 17 Austria / Bavaria in late Oct/Early Nov
- 18 House Hunting in France
- 19 Need help with itinerary! Switzerland, France, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 20 Cognac transportation?
- 21 An hour and ten min enough for connection?
- 22 The mouse munches her way through far off lands: The Christams Edition
- 23 First time in Europe for 10 days! Help!
- 24 Naples, Italy
- 25 Europe for 5 days starting with Munich