We're looking to travel anywhere from early Sept. to mid Oct. by car, flying into/out of Munich airport.
Arrive Munich airport early am. and drive to Zell am See for 2 nights
Drive to the Postojna area and stay 2 nights
Drive to Lake Bled and stay 4 nights
Drive to Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden and stay 3 nights
Afternoon flight to back to the U.S.
We're looking for suggestions for an alternative to Zell am See. We've been to Zell am See twice before and would maybe like to see someplace we haven't been before, but would like it to be roughly midway between Munich airport and Postojna. Driving 2 to 3 hours after arriving at Munich airport is not a problem, as we've done it many times. The drive for Munich airport to Postojna is roughly 5-6 hours. Any favorites or suggestions for a town/village or B&B/Pension style place to stay our first 2 nights?
We've been to Salzburg, Berchtesgaden, Ramsau, Konigsee, St. Gilgen, Hallstatt, Zell am See and Heiligenblut before, so anywhere other than those also.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Bus ticket to Siena
- 2 how best to arrive to sarlat from paris
- 3 Need help for a Spain solo trip
- 4 Istanbul to budapest
- 5 Slovenia with ease
- 6 slovenia travel base
- 7 watching Comcast Xfinity on my computer in Sicily
- 8 Stops from Prague to Paris
- 9 Don't kill me - 88 days in Paris Airbnb?
- 10 Hotel Florescente, Lisbon
- 11 London theatre
- 12 Mirrors?
- 13 British Airways, anyone?
- 14 Please suggest on travel plan to UK. Ireland
- 15 Family Visit CarrickonShannon (Leitrim) then trip to London/Paris
- 16 Traveling between Madrid and Barcelona
- 17 Suggest cheapest commute to belfast from UK
- 18 Train Tickets in Spain
- 19 Day Trip to Sorrento - Help!
- 20 Airport Strikes in Spain
- 21 Budapest main train station status
- 22 Sarajevo to Mostar by train or bus
- 23 Locauto Yes or No? or Europcar in Pisa
- 24 Questions about Flamenco in Madrid
- 25 15 hour layover in London with children, should we leave the airport?