We're looking to travel anywhere from early Sept. to mid Oct. by car, flying into/out of Munich airport.
Arrive Munich airport early am. and drive to Zell am See for 2 nights
Drive to the Postojna area and stay 2 nights
Drive to Lake Bled and stay 4 nights
Drive to Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden and stay 3 nights
Afternoon flight to back to the U.S.
We're looking for suggestions for an alternative to Zell am See. We've been to Zell am See twice before and would maybe like to see someplace we haven't been before, but would like it to be roughly midway between Munich airport and Postojna. Driving 2 to 3 hours after arriving at Munich airport is not a problem, as we've done it many times. The drive for Munich airport to Postojna is roughly 5-6 hours. Any favorites or suggestions for a town/village or B&B/Pension style place to stay our first 2 nights?
We've been to Salzburg, Berchtesgaden, Ramsau, Konigsee, St. Gilgen, Hallstatt, Zell am See and Heiligenblut before, so anywhere other than those also.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Les bons plans de Whathello
- 2 Ravenna Mosaics
- 3 Shopping: and how to bring it back with you? Spain/Basque/France
- 4 Cyprus or Turkey for a beach holiday?
- 5 FlamencoTickets.com reliable site?
- 6 Sept Help Needed Hotels & Timing: Budapest, Prague, Berlin, Amsterdam
- 7 Greece Itinerary
- 8 Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Budapest
- 9 What do you trust more: Booking or Tripadvisor?
- 10 Does the heat of Europe ever grind you down?
- 11 15 days trip to Europe
- 12 Provins as a day trip from Paris
- 13 Avoid Viking River Cruises
- 14 Cinque Terre trail closures?
- 15 Amsterdam, Germany
- 16 Markets in Malaga, Seville, Madrid
- 17 The nieces take Bruce and Marija to Paris, Venice and London
- 18 Help needed for Netherlands itinerary please
- 19 European Travel in March
- 20 Scotland Highlands Help
- 21 I'm moving to Italy...one way or another
- 22 Changing planes in Frankfurt
- 23 Our time in Rome
- 24 Berlin, germany
- 25 My 3 Day Umbrian Plan. What do you think?