We're looking to travel anywhere from early Sept. to mid Oct. by car, flying into/out of Munich airport.
Arrive Munich airport early am. and drive to Zell am See for 2 nights
Drive to the Postojna area and stay 2 nights
Drive to Lake Bled and stay 4 nights
Drive to Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden and stay 3 nights
Afternoon flight to back to the U.S.
We're looking for suggestions for an alternative to Zell am See. We've been to Zell am See twice before and would maybe like to see someplace we haven't been before, but would like it to be roughly midway between Munich airport and Postojna. Driving 2 to 3 hours after arriving at Munich airport is not a problem, as we've done it many times. The drive for Munich airport to Postojna is roughly 5-6 hours. Any favorites or suggestions for a town/village or B&B/Pension style place to stay our first 2 nights?
We've been to Salzburg, Berchtesgaden, Ramsau, Konigsee, St. Gilgen, Hallstatt, Zell am See and Heiligenblut before, so anywhere other than those also.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Transportation from Dublin airport to Shelboourne Hotel
- 2 Back for more Honeymoon Help
- 3 Italy AND Switzerland in 8 days
- 4 Paris food tours?
- 5 3 wks touring Sicily, what not to miss?
- 6 Norway in the nutshell
- 7 Paris tipping hotel maids
- 8 Getting a rheum in Paris, then Django Fest week in Fontainebleau
- 9 Puglia and Matera
- 10 If we have to eat dinner in sultanhamet
- 11 HELP!!` I'm being held prisoner.
- 12 5 days in Germany - Travel advice needed
- 13 Fodor Forum Valuable
- 14 Day Trip From London
- 15 two weeks trip to Switzerland and French Rivwra
- 16 experiences in Paris and Amalfi Coast
- 17 French towns in autumn
- 18 9 Days Family Trip to London-Paris- Switzerland
- 19 Purchasing Trenitalia Tickets
- 20 Italy- Sicily and the Amalfi coast - travel logistics
- 21 What area of Venice to stay?
- 22 la spezia vs. levanto
- 23 Southern Puglia Italy
- 24 Art History lover - itinerary help
- 25 Toulouse Metro & Train Station