We're looking to travel anywhere from early Sept. to mid Oct. by car, flying into/out of Munich airport.
Arrive Munich airport early am. and drive to Zell am See for 2 nights
Drive to the Postojna area and stay 2 nights
Drive to Lake Bled and stay 4 nights
Drive to Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden and stay 3 nights
Afternoon flight to back to the U.S.
We're looking for suggestions for an alternative to Zell am See. We've been to Zell am See twice before and would maybe like to see someplace we haven't been before, but would like it to be roughly midway between Munich airport and Postojna. Driving 2 to 3 hours after arriving at Munich airport is not a problem, as we've done it many times. The drive for Munich airport to Postojna is roughly 5-6 hours. Any favorites or suggestions for a town/village or B&B/Pension style place to stay our first 2 nights?
We've been to Salzburg, Berchtesgaden, Ramsau, Konigsee, St. Gilgen, Hallstatt, Zell am See and Heiligenblut before, so anywhere other than those also.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Based in Burford, how to spend our time
- 2 Open mindedness on Fodors.
- 3 Beaches in Southern France
- 4 Greenland from the Air trip report, photo gallery
- 5 4 Nights in London - Itinerary Details
- 6 Tuscany Villa rental family of 8/10
- 7 What am I missing: Amsterdam
- 8 Second thoughts on Lucerne as base
- 9 Italy, transport from Assiso to Cita di castello
- 10 Spanish leather -- women's leather vest
- 11 3 days to spend in europe
- 12 Local markets in Italy
- 13 French lavender and cottages
- 14 Bead Tours in Jablonec?
- 15 cell phone companys
- 16 Affordable French language course in France?
- 17 Abruzzo region
- 18 First time in London...hotel for mother/daughter trip?
- 19 Major quake in central Itay
- 20 Cotswald boutique hotel recommendations
- 21 Celebrity Reflection Greek Island Cruise
- 22 Barcelona completely overrated
- 23 Earthquake, so sad for Italy
- 24 Guides - Matera
- 25 A Vote for Malta: Most Rude.