We're looking to travel anywhere from early Sept. to mid Oct. by car, flying into/out of Munich airport.
Arrive Munich airport early am. and drive to Zell am See for 2 nights
Drive to the Postojna area and stay 2 nights
Drive to Lake Bled and stay 4 nights
Drive to Ramsau bei Berchtesgaden and stay 3 nights
Afternoon flight to back to the U.S.
We're looking for suggestions for an alternative to Zell am See. We've been to Zell am See twice before and would maybe like to see someplace we haven't been before, but would like it to be roughly midway between Munich airport and Postojna. Driving 2 to 3 hours after arriving at Munich airport is not a problem, as we've done it many times. The drive for Munich airport to Postojna is roughly 5-6 hours. Any favorites or suggestions for a town/village or B&B/Pension style place to stay our first 2 nights?
We've been to Salzburg, Berchtesgaden, Ramsau, Konigsee, St. Gilgen, Hallstatt, Zell am See and Heiligenblut before, so anywhere other than those also.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Must do/see in Rome
- 2 Europe Tour. Information of any kind.
- 3 Classic authors other than Joyce?
- 4 Amsterdam & Paris in peak season
- 5 One night between Marseille and St.Remy?
- 6 Winery tours
- 7 French ATC strike lifted
- 8 Is it really 100 degrees F. in Paris???
- 9 Our first trip to Europe
- 10 Help - Fly back from Rome or Milan?
- 11 Interlaken vs. Lucern vs. Zurich
- 12 Drumroll....I finally decided on a Roman Hotel!
- 13 South of France - a big place... looking for advice!
- 14 Puglia, where to stay for 8 days or so
- 15 Swiss Bernese Regional Pass - Part way OK, then rest of way pay?
- 16 U K Shelves Ambitious Rail Improvements
- 17 Seeking help on my 12 days trip from Switzerland to Austria
- 18 Reserving Trains During the Off-Season
- 19 Bluebells and Blackfaced Sheep on the Single Track Roads of Scotland
- 20 Texans Take a Tour
- 21 Tales of the Texas Two; or, Ladies in London
- 22 London for work Paris for play!
- 23 Iceland - a brief trip report
- 24 Bed & Breakfast in Paris for one night
- 25 Provence 5 days 4 night (3.5 full days) itinerary