Seeking some more great advice as my trip continues to come together. Fiance and I are spending 13 nights in Italy 8.26-9.8 as follows:
3 Nights Venice
3 Nights Cinque Terre
2 Nights Tuscany: Panzano in Chianti
3 Nights in Florence
I try to keep a rule of not staying anywhere less than 3 nights and had originally planned to book 4 nights somewhere in Tuscany, but we have been offered 2 free nights in Panzano and now have 2 nights to fill. I'm now trying to decide if we should book 2 nights elsewhere in Tuscany (further south) or try to squeeze in a couple nights and awesome meals around Bologna...too aggressive? Our interests for this portion of the trip are food and wine, but we don't want to exhaust ourselves.
We will pick up a rental car after Cinque Terre (either in La Spezia or train to Tuscany then get the car depending) and dropping it off before Florence. Should we drop it at the Florence airport before heading to town, or is there anywhere in Florence that isnt a nightmare to get to on our own?
Thank you in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Alitala
- 2 First Solo Adventure
- 3 Amalfi itinerary help needed
- 4 Trains in Italy
- 5 Family Transportation from Heathrow- justairports or Express?
- 6 The Alhambra Private Tour Guide
- 7 Are you interested in visiting Iceland or you already have?
- 8 Travelling alone to Turkey @18
- 9 Georgia in 4 days
- 10 Where should I go with my family?
- 11 First Solo Adventure
- 12 Tasting sherry in Jerez
- 13 PARIS
- 14 Dordogne and Marseille: into the cave and out to the sea
- 15 Suggestions for driving Cadiz to Zaragosa
- 16 Crete Holiday
- 17 Mid/late November: Tuscany or Andalucia? (1 week)
- 18 UK 5 weeks How Far Can We Go!
- 19 Arrival in Berlin on Christmas Day?
- 20 Just curious--why Airbnb?
- 21 Where??-2 night trip from London
- 22 Stu Tower
- 23 Roman (and Florentine, Venetian) Holiday with la Principessa
- 24 transportation from Prague to Cesky Krumlov
- 25 Tour or self drive Douro?