Seeking some more great advice as my trip continues to come together. Fiance and I are spending 13 nights in Italy 8.26-9.8 as follows:
3 Nights Venice
3 Nights Cinque Terre
2 Nights Tuscany: Panzano in Chianti
3 Nights in Florence
I try to keep a rule of not staying anywhere less than 3 nights and had originally planned to book 4 nights somewhere in Tuscany, but we have been offered 2 free nights in Panzano and now have 2 nights to fill. I'm now trying to decide if we should book 2 nights elsewhere in Tuscany (further south) or try to squeeze in a couple nights and awesome meals around Bologna...too aggressive? Our interests for this portion of the trip are food and wine, but we don't want to exhaust ourselves.
We will pick up a rental car after Cinque Terre (either in La Spezia or train to Tuscany then get the car depending) and dropping it off before Florence. Should we drop it at the Florence airport before heading to town, or is there anywhere in Florence that isnt a nightmare to get to on our own?
Thank you in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 4 Greek islands- best way to hop?
- 2 European Sampler, 4 weeks, 6 countries?
- 3 London, you are my number one now (replacing Paris)
- 4 2 Weeks in France: Rouen, Normandy, Dordogne and the Loire Valley
- 5 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 6 Jamikins and Bikerscott do Le Marche (Again)
- 7 Paris to Switzerland to Venice in 2 weeks?
- 8 Suggestions for fall trip to Brittany
- 9 Amalfi Coast/Sorrento-which town?
- 10 Help with tips in UK
- 11 Provence Hotel and Flights
- 12 Positano Hotel in September
- 13 Advice needed re CDW for car rental in Ireland/N. Ireland
- 14 Paris experts- hotel near train ?
- 15 Tips for 2018 Eastern Europe trip
- 16 Sardinia, Sardegna, Cerdena, tomatoe, tomato, tomate
- 17 Andalucia Spain
- 18 Valencia Spain
- 19 Private car transportation from FCO to Central Rome
- 20 Coastal daytrip from Dartmoor Park
- 21 Long Train Runnin' through the Alps (Switzerland 2016)
- 22 Paris in August
- 23 Getting around London
- 24 HELP: 3rd trip to France - where should I go?
- 25 The DCC scam is spreading