Seeking some more great advice as my trip continues to come together. Fiance and I are spending 13 nights in Italy 8.26-9.8 as follows:
3 Nights Venice
3 Nights Cinque Terre
2 Nights Tuscany: Panzano in Chianti
3 Nights in Florence
I try to keep a rule of not staying anywhere less than 3 nights and had originally planned to book 4 nights somewhere in Tuscany, but we have been offered 2 free nights in Panzano and now have 2 nights to fill. I'm now trying to decide if we should book 2 nights elsewhere in Tuscany (further south) or try to squeeze in a couple nights and awesome meals around Bologna...too aggressive? Our interests for this portion of the trip are food and wine, but we don't want to exhaust ourselves.
We will pick up a rental car after Cinque Terre (either in La Spezia or train to Tuscany then get the car depending) and dropping it off before Florence. Should we drop it at the Florence airport before heading to town, or is there anywhere in Florence that isnt a nightmare to get to on our own?
Thank you in advance!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 want to come to Sweden Harnosand.
- 2 Visiting London 05/02 - 05/20 (US dates)
- 3 best Provence itinerary to see Verdon Gorge
- 4 K-Day
- 5 Croatia - Help on itinerary
- 6 Spain in December
- 7 Reputable Apartment Company in Granada
- 8 Climbing Ben Nevis in June
- 9 Lay over time
- 10 Greek Islands (small)
- 11 Driving from Munich to Barcelona
- 12 Rome neighborhoods equivalent to arrondissements 6 and 7 in Paris?
- 13 "Paris? Again?" And an odd pickpocketing
- 14 Roman Roamings: 2 Weeks of Wanderings
- 15 Springtime (Hopefully) in Copenhagen
- 16 Advice on Sicily & Aeolian Islands
- 17 Connection time of 1:25 in Zurich on flight from US. Enough time?
- 18 Flat in London
- 19 Itinerary review from a overplanner
- 20 Help required with Itinerary
- 21 Neighborhood for Dubrovnik
- 22 Provence best farmstays!!??
- 23 Amalfi Coast transportation
- 24 Day trips: which ones are must-do?
- 25 Dubrovnik + island or Kotor?