We're staying 10 nights in Rome (rented an apartment) and wanted to do an overnight (which we now realize has to be two nights) to either Lake Como, 5 Terre or Amalfi Coast. We're thinking the Amalfi Coast is probably the only one that makes sense time-wise, but since we won't have much time and have to get Pompeii in there (bucket list), I'd love some suggestions as to how to do this..train to Naples or is Salerno better? Stay in Amalfi as the owners of our apartment suggested, or is another town more central to get around from? I know we won't be able to cover everything by a long shot, but it would help to know the best means of transportation to get around, what towns are don't miss and what aren't, etc. I'm figuring doing Pompeii on the 2nd day, then back to Rome in early afternoon on third day. Is this too ambitious and are we crazy? We've been to Rome before, fyi, so we've done the major sites there...this was about being able to revisit Rome in a more leisurely manner, and also maybe take a couple of day trips in addition to the 2 nights out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
2 night trip from Rome to Amalfi Coast and back again...help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 to take cash from USA or from ATMs in France?
- 2 Paris and South Of France/Possibly Cinque Terre
- 3 Long wait to board cruise in Barcelona--sleep deprived
- 4 Looking for add on city
- 5 St. Katherine Dock area flat for first time visit?
- 6 UK in the Beginning of 2016
- 7 Please help us maximize our time in each European city
- 8 Spain - Mallorca vs. Canary Islands
- 9 Traveling with a guide in Turkey
- 10 Deciding between tour companies- Trafalgar vs Insight
- 11 Beach along The Seine in Paris
- 12 7 weeks Europe with toddler - Itinerary advice
- 13 Taxi service in Nice
- 14 Is May Day a big deal in Barcelona?
- 15 Academic Tours and Travel Malta and Sicily Delight Tour
- 16 Scotland trip report July 2014, chapter 1
- 17 Granada: stay in the Albayzin?
- 18 Sigh....Swiss Pass HELP!
- 19 Venice (Somewhere) and Trieste (Nowhere)—With a Bit of Slovenia In Between
- 20 Flying open jaw: start in MAD or BCN (Sept. 18th - Oct. 5th).
- 21 Trip to Pyrenees
- 22 Help with Itinerary - Seville/San Sebastian
- 23 17 amazing days in Tuscany, Positano and Rome – June 2014!
- 24 Preparing for our European Family Trip
- 25 Budapest to Bucharest (2 week trip)