We're staying 10 nights in Rome (rented an apartment) and wanted to do an overnight (which we now realize has to be two nights) to either Lake Como, 5 Terre or Amalfi Coast. We're thinking the Amalfi Coast is probably the only one that makes sense time-wise, but since we won't have much time and have to get Pompeii in there (bucket list), I'd love some suggestions as to how to do this..train to Naples or is Salerno better? Stay in Amalfi as the owners of our apartment suggested, or is another town more central to get around from? I know we won't be able to cover everything by a long shot, but it would help to know the best means of transportation to get around, what towns are don't miss and what aren't, etc. I'm figuring doing Pompeii on the 2nd day, then back to Rome in early afternoon on third day. Is this too ambitious and are we crazy? We've been to Rome before, fyi, so we've done the major sites there...this was about being able to revisit Rome in a more leisurely manner, and also maybe take a couple of day trips in addition to the 2 nights out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
2 night trip from Rome to Amalfi Coast and back again...help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Europe in 21 days
- 2 A little help with our Dordogne itinerary
- 3 Phone for in-country calls in Greece
- 4 Best French Onion Soup in Paris
- 5 Siena or Bologna day trip from Florence?
- 6 Munich to Lyon (10 nights) --- help needed with itinerary please
- 7 Berlin & Budapest for 8 days
- 8 Southern Spain wth family in 1 week by car
- 9 UK for 12 days !
- 10 Spain in 18days -finalizing itinerary and a special bday celebration!
- 11 Budapest 4 nights - Top 10 must do
- 12 Edinburgh for 7 days for 60+
- 13 Germany driving itinerary starting questions
- 14 London hotel
- 15 Help wanted for choosing apartment/hotel in Istanbul (early May 2014)
- 16 Your Advice: Bosphorus Cruise. Ortakoy and Dolmabahce Palace
- 17 How to get from Greenwich to Victoria Station
- 18 A Win At the Arc and Discovering Lisbon
- 19 Nuremburg and Bamberg from Munich
- 20 Yearly Greece visitor looking for different island
- 21 Boulevard Saint Germain from start to finish
- 22 Hotel in Venice
- 23 hotels in Seville
- 24 London tube
- 25 7 days in Greece