We're staying 10 nights in Rome (rented an apartment) and wanted to do an overnight (which we now realize has to be two nights) to either Lake Como, 5 Terre or Amalfi Coast. We're thinking the Amalfi Coast is probably the only one that makes sense time-wise, but since we won't have much time and have to get Pompeii in there (bucket list), I'd love some suggestions as to how to do this..train to Naples or is Salerno better? Stay in Amalfi as the owners of our apartment suggested, or is another town more central to get around from? I know we won't be able to cover everything by a long shot, but it would help to know the best means of transportation to get around, what towns are don't miss and what aren't, etc. I'm figuring doing Pompeii on the 2nd day, then back to Rome in early afternoon on third day. Is this too ambitious and are we crazy? We've been to Rome before, fyi, so we've done the major sites there...this was about being able to revisit Rome in a more leisurely manner, and also maybe take a couple of day trips in addition to the 2 nights out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
2 night trip from Rome to Amalfi Coast and back again...help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 5 Hour Layover in Amsterdam
- 2 7 Nights in Paris
- 3 Driving from Italy to France
- 4 Why don't the French want to work?
- 5 avoiding stuffy and inflexible service at nice european resorts
- 6 DH wants Paris but I need ACoast....itinerary help!
- 7 Edinburgh - Mercat Tours -
- 8 Itinerary Feedback (Spain/Italy in April/May)
- 9 Can you see the Matterhorn at all from Bellinzona Switzerland?
- 10 Daily Bus Tours in Croatia, Slovenia and nearby countries
- 11 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 12 Late night/early morning transport from Barcelona Airport to city center
- 13 Family trip - 11 days/10 nights in Italy
- 14 Wisdom needed for a itinerary in northern Italy, Bavaria and Prague
- 15 Little-kid friendly place an hour or so by train from Frankfurt airport
- 16 Italy, England, OR France in 2015: Tour Operators - Or go it alone?
- 17 Skip the Line: Small-Group Eiffel Tower Sunset Tour
- 18 Venice to Dolomites then Tuscany? Need itinerary advice
- 19 Rethymnon vs. Chania in early October?
- 20 Irish Inns and B&B Reservations
- 21 CRETE - Rethymnon area or Chania area ??
- 22 Matisse at Tate
- 23 2 weeks in Europe
- 24 3 weeks in December in Europe, need help with itinerary
- 25 Hire car seville to lisbon