We're staying 10 nights in Rome (rented an apartment) and wanted to do an overnight (which we now realize has to be two nights) to either Lake Como, 5 Terre or Amalfi Coast. We're thinking the Amalfi Coast is probably the only one that makes sense time-wise, but since we won't have much time and have to get Pompeii in there (bucket list), I'd love some suggestions as to how to do this..train to Naples or is Salerno better? Stay in Amalfi as the owners of our apartment suggested, or is another town more central to get around from? I know we won't be able to cover everything by a long shot, but it would help to know the best means of transportation to get around, what towns are don't miss and what aren't, etc. I'm figuring doing Pompeii on the 2nd day, then back to Rome in early afternoon on third day. Is this too ambitious and are we crazy? We've been to Rome before, fyi, so we've done the major sites there...this was about being able to revisit Rome in a more leisurely manner, and also maybe take a couple of day trips in addition to the 2 nights out. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
2 night trip from Rome to Amalfi Coast and back again...help!!
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Greece - trip report - Aegean Islands Chios, Lesvos and Samos Oct 2012
- 2 Sicily - not a trip report
- 3 What to wear
- 4 Mosquitos in Camargue---is it really that bad??
- 5 How to get from Charles de Gaulle Airport to Gare du Nord?
- 6 Urgent Spanish visa dilemma
- 7 Salzburg, Innsbruck, and possibly Graz with my 90yr old Mom
- 8 Best route from Pamukkale to Fethiye by car
- 9 Chip but no PIN
- 10 Dining at the Eiffel Tower
- 11 Portugal with a 3 year old and 1 year old
- 12 No points in Paris .....
- 13 3 AM Arrival in Santorini OK?
- 14 Italy and France in 20 Days
- 15 Finland to Sweden to Denmark to France to UK
- 16 What still confounds you about travel?
- 17 Three days in Spain
- 18 Train from Barcelona to Madrid
- 19 Madrid Tapas Tour
- 20 West Ireland with 81 year old mother - Pls Review Itinerary
- 21 Florence & Rome Itinerary, hotel, tour co. critique please!
- 22 Eurostar booking
- 23 The Times reveals secret best beaches: mediterranean
- 24 Venice, April 2014. Some thoughts ...
- 25 Tuscany intinerary-what to do on a Sunday