I'm finally visiting Paris on 21st June 2013 (late evening) and will be spending the weekend before I push off for home on Sunday 23rd June 2013 (flight at 22:00).
To tell you more about myself, I'm a guy (28 years) and will be traveling from London thru EuroTrain on 21st June 2013 evening and will be reaching Paris by 10ish. Need to get my hotel booking sorted out but will check in on Friday itself until Sunday (will need luggage storage for Sunday).
Dates are fixed and I somewhat know what I want to see (Eiffel Tower, The Louvre Museum for famous Monalisa painting). I know there are many fantastic places and I would love to hear from you with your recommendations.
Please remember it is a budget trip hence not looking at sipping coffee at some lavish restaurant or staying at an expensive hotel. I will be traveling from the UK and will further be moving to India.
Here goes some of the questions for you:
1. What area is best for staying? (Not too far from the main attractions)
Considering it has to be budget & moreover, I don't think that I will be spending too much time in the hotel (only for catching up sleep for few hours & keep my luggage safe) as two days aren't enough in Paris & who wants to stay in the hotel when the city has too much to offer.
2. What do you suggest the best way for sightseeing? How is "Hop-on Hop-off" bus service? I heard they have 2 days pass that allows one to visit 9 tourist spots. Is this service worth or do i consider something else?
3. What places do you recommend visiting? What would be your "A MUST VISIT" list considering I will only have 2 days & entire Friday night.
4. What do you suggest for buying as souvenir from Paris? Where to buy it from? Do they have sales during the June (not sure as i read it somewhere on some forum).
5. How much cash do I really carry for these 2.5 days? This has to be excluding hotel stay but must include the transportation (for sight seeing & to the airport) as well as food for the complete stay. (I don't booze, if that helps )
6. I'm a vegetarian and not sure if can get some good choices or should I carry some packed food from London itself? Are there some good food joints that offers Indian food?
7. What do you suggest for the Friday night? I don't mind visiting some night clubs or may be a night tour (if there is any).
Please feel free to add your suggestions in addition to above. This is going to be my first trip to Paris and not sure how m i going to cope up with the language barrier. Any suggestions will be welcomed.
Thanks in advance.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 3 weeks in Italy - Family of 4
- 2 Versailles tour with evening light show
- 3 Mon Dieu! The Cops Are After Me
- 4 Europe Travel & Trivia Quiz #138- Bridges, Tunnels!
- 5 Another tipping question: concierges
- 6 Barcelona - How much Gaudi?
- 7 Six Nights (and days) in the Marais
- 8 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 9 Paris + Amsterdam: where to stay
- 10 Acropolis Athens
- 11 London: Flaming June and Pirates of Penzeance!
- 12 Buying iDTGV tickets at a station
- 13 Amsterdam and Germany 9 days
- 14 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 15 Private Tour from Malaga to Seville
- 16 Is Eiffel tower closed from 25-31 Dec?
- 17 Not a good time to fly into LGW
- 18 Input on Itinerary for Visit to Bavaria and Austria Fall 2017
- 19 Ideas for small group tour - Southern Spain
- 20 Trip Ideas
- 21 Vienna, Austria for 5 days in early June
- 22 IRELAND Magical Time-lapse Mediation of County Kerry Ireland
- 23 Madrid and Granada in Jan
- 24 Full day in Sintra..what to focus on
- 25 Boston to Le Marche - which airport?