I'm planning for a short 3 days trip to Istanbul, it is more like 2 days as I will touching down in Istanbul in early morning on Friday and leave on Sunday morning. I've been to Istanbul previously and have covered the essential attractions such as Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Hippodrome, Topkapi Palace, Basilica Cistern, Grand & Spice Bazaar.
I've not been to the other side of the Golden Horn on the Taksim Square, I was wondering if I should opt for a hotel in that area or if there is any area that is better in terms of accommodation?
As I have covered the key attractions, was thinking of doing Chora Church, Rustam Pasha Mosque, Suleymaniye Mosque, Galata Tower and maybe either one of Dolmabahce Palace or Beylerbeyi Palace. My interest would be in architecture and historical sites mainly but I also would like to be able to have a quick stroll in off the beaten path neighbourhood where the locals stay.
Is this plan doable or is it too ambitious. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Single Parent with Tweens London/Paris
- 2 Need help with Honeymoon - Italy, Slovenia, Croatia
- 3 Lisbon to San Sebastián to Madrid itinerary help!
- 4 Dublin & Environs with Teens Trip Report
- 5 Getting out of Glasgow - ideas needed
- 6 8 days vacation to Switzerland & Austria
- 7 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 8 Paris hotel
- 9 Day trip from Amsterdam for college girls
- 10 This Pirate goes to Penzance, and then on to the land of Fire and Ice
- 11 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 12 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 13 Capri is for vacationing, la Dordogne is for living
- 14 Stuck in Paris
- 15 RS view on booking.com & the like
- 16 Berlin to ?
- 17 Trip Report: Italy with the bambinos!
- 18 Exploring Lisbon & where else?
- 19 Renting a car in Greece
- 20 Hiking the Cinque Terre Trails?
- 21 Spain - day driver advice
- 22 Greece
- 23 Ex-pats with young kids
- 24 Iceland france spain
- 25 Ludwig Castles