I'm planning for a short 3 days trip to Istanbul, it is more like 2 days as I will touching down in Istanbul in early morning on Friday and leave on Sunday morning. I've been to Istanbul previously and have covered the essential attractions such as Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Hippodrome, Topkapi Palace, Basilica Cistern, Grand & Spice Bazaar.
I've not been to the other side of the Golden Horn on the Taksim Square, I was wondering if I should opt for a hotel in that area or if there is any area that is better in terms of accommodation?
As I have covered the key attractions, was thinking of doing Chora Church, Rustam Pasha Mosque, Suleymaniye Mosque, Galata Tower and maybe either one of Dolmabahce Palace or Beylerbeyi Palace. My interest would be in architecture and historical sites mainly but I also would like to be able to have a quick stroll in off the beaten path neighbourhood where the locals stay.
Is this plan doable or is it too ambitious. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Milan to Switzerland for skiing
- 2 Petrol in Greece
- 3 Paris to Orly Airport Public Transport
- 4 Paris day trips August
- 5 Acorn TV
- 6 Cote d'Azur--Having Second Thoughts...
- 7 Spain in July
- 8 Traveling Greece without reservations
- 9 Last minute (next week) London GTG?
- 10 Germany train help!
- 11 Train help for Prague
- 12 Bridging the gap between US and Europe
- 13 Urgent- Pleaseee HELP - Spain, Italy or France for Xmass and New years
- 14 Athens
- 15 Scotland-Looking for itinerary advice for 9 day trip
- 16 Transportation from Brno train station
- 17 Budapest & Prague
- 18 Please critique my itinerary in Italy
- 19 Swiss Travel Pass
- 20 Need Info - Vienna, Prague, Venice, Geneva, Paris,
- 21 10 days in Paris and......
- 22 Destination from London by train, advice please
- 23 4 Days in Amalfi in April - Without a car??
- 24 12 Day Central Europe Itinerary
- 25 Input desired concerning my Sicily itinerary