I'm planning for a short 3 days trip to Istanbul, it is more like 2 days as I will touching down in Istanbul in early morning on Friday and leave on Sunday morning. I've been to Istanbul previously and have covered the essential attractions such as Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Hippodrome, Topkapi Palace, Basilica Cistern, Grand & Spice Bazaar.
I've not been to the other side of the Golden Horn on the Taksim Square, I was wondering if I should opt for a hotel in that area or if there is any area that is better in terms of accommodation?
As I have covered the key attractions, was thinking of doing Chora Church, Rustam Pasha Mosque, Suleymaniye Mosque, Galata Tower and maybe either one of Dolmabahce Palace or Beylerbeyi Palace. My interest would be in architecture and historical sites mainly but I also would like to be able to have a quick stroll in off the beaten path neighbourhood where the locals stay.
Is this plan doable or is it too ambitious. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Stop between Umbria and Firenze
- 2 Day trips ideas from Lausanne, Switzerland
- 3 Preliminary planning -- a month in Greece
- 4 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 5 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 6 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 7 Paris getaway with my daughter hotel ideas
- 8 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 9 Cycling with KIDS - Dordogne, France, (Combiers) APRIL 2017
- 10 Northern Spain vs Portugal, where spend more time ?
- 11 Figueres: trains and timing from Barcelona
- 12 Towersey, London
- 13 2 Months - Dubrovnik to Frankfurt Itinerary
- 14 How many nights to spend in Granada and Malaga & a few other questions
- 15 UK in July -- early planning stages
- 16 Amalfi Coast help
- 17 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 18 Cetona, Barbarino Val d'elsa or Greve?
- 19 Paris to Nice - 4x 50 somethings and 5 nights - what to do!
- 20 Ireland in April
- 21 No Reservations...our laidback Paris Christmas
- 22 Iceland 9 Days Late March - Review Itinerary!
- 23 A few days outside Rome
- 24 days and times when museums and suchlike close
- 25 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden