I'm planning for a short 3 days trip to Istanbul, it is more like 2 days as I will touching down in Istanbul in early morning on Friday and leave on Sunday morning. I've been to Istanbul previously and have covered the essential attractions such as Blue Mosque, Hagia Sophia, Hippodrome, Topkapi Palace, Basilica Cistern, Grand & Spice Bazaar.
I've not been to the other side of the Golden Horn on the Taksim Square, I was wondering if I should opt for a hotel in that area or if there is any area that is better in terms of accommodation?
As I have covered the key attractions, was thinking of doing Chora Church, Rustam Pasha Mosque, Suleymaniye Mosque, Galata Tower and maybe either one of Dolmabahce Palace or Beylerbeyi Palace. My interest would be in architecture and historical sites mainly but I also would like to be able to have a quick stroll in off the beaten path neighbourhood where the locals stay.
Is this plan doable or is it too ambitious. Any suggestions would be highly appreciated.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Do I Tip the Maid & How Much, Paris 3* Hotel?
- 2 Berlin - Grouping attractions by location
- 3 Help with Spain/Portugal itinerary 33 days
- 4 Tracking the Weather
- 5 Jamikins? Other Italy travelers? Need car info, please.
- 6 Base in Rhine or Mosel?
- 7 Trip Report: Denmark, 2017
- 8 barcelona neighborhood
- 9 My bucket list first trip to Italy
- 10 Rest Stops from Tuscany to Umbria
- 11 MaiTaiTom Gets The Royal Treatment…Two Weeks Exploring London and Scotland
- 12 Les Invalides Night Show
- 13 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 14 Black Forest base 7-10 days - public transport
- 15 Which Day?
- 16 TRIP REPORT: Paris, Bordeaux, Dordogne, Toulouse, Provence, and more
- 17 Les bons plans de Whathello - St Tropez - Resto
- 18 Support Barcelona, Brussels, Paris, etc
- 19 With Gratitude for a Glorious Solo Month in Greece
- 20 Oy, I need help with this mid Sept U.K. trip!
- 21 Return to Yorkshire to walk the Dales Way
- 22 Itinerary Three Weeks Greece Fall 2018
- 23 Dublin to Dun Laoughaire on a Sunday
- 24 Good mobile plan for traveller
- 25 First trip to Greece (last minute!)