My boyfriend and I (24 and 25) will be heading to Paxos (Glyfada beach) for ten days at the start of June but after that we have two months free to explore the islands and hopefully fit in a bit of work if the opportunity presents itself, before heading to Portugal (Boom Festival)We would like to camp mainly, at camping sites or not, wherever it's permitted (or whenever rough camping is overlooked by authorities). We don't want to make any fixed plans and have some tentative ideas of which islands look interesting ( Skyros, Gavados, Ikaria (Nas) but are open to wherever the wind blows us during the trip. We'd like to see some of the less tourist ravaged islands that are still largely 'typical/traditional' greek islands. We still want to see islands like Santorini, so maybe take a day trip via Santorini on the way to another island. We have no particular interest in seeing as many as possible, so you could say we're in for a quality rather than quantity experience.
The first question: Is camping do-able on all the islands? The second is, If you were starting in Paxos and then setting out from Corfu with an end destination of portugal (preferably Lisbon) where and how would you go about it? We are laid back, not massively concerned with the party islands but could consider them for work opportunities, and are interested in experiencing the GREEK islands, not just beaches and bars. We are not concerned about roughing it, living scarcely, carrying our gear around with us or the type of transport we take as long as we get somewhere at some point.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 NORTON password reset CONTACT ☎ 1:800:681:7208 Tec*h cAre 24/7
- 2 Possible British Airways strike action, July 2017
- 3 Lisbon Hotel choice
- 4 Sicily in 3 Weeks
- 5 I bought a one way ticket to Europe.
- 6 Train from Brussels to Amsterdam
- 7 Greece Honeymoon Itineraries
- 8 Hiking in Switzerland
- 9 Charming Balcony Hotel in Le Marais?
- 10 Need help planning trip after Paris
- 11 Paris - Top Foodie Eats? Staying near Le Marais
- 12 Recommendations for trip to Cochem
- 13 David's First Draft Itinerary for Northern Spain and Portugal 2018
- 14 17 year old need a birth certificate to travel?
- 15 Ireland for work. Add on a week-Scotland? Netherlands?
- 16 Language course in Trieste, Northern Italy
- 17 Cinque Terre, Bologna and Lake Como
- 18 Plane to Train Connection-CDG to Gare De Lyon
- 19 Please help: Swiss Pass/Lucerne/Engadine?
- 20 ITALY – ON AND OFF THE BEATEN PATH: Venice & Northern Italy
- 21 CASH OR CARD?
- 22 3 Weeks in Sicilia!!
- 23 Day Trip to Capri: Advice Needed
- 24 4 Days in Europe! Paris, Lisbon, or...?
- 25 Dordogne for 6 full days in early September itinerary for comment!