My boyfriend and I (24 and 25) will be heading to Paxos (Glyfada beach) for ten days at the start of June but after that we have two months free to explore the islands and hopefully fit in a bit of work if the opportunity presents itself, before heading to Portugal (Boom Festival)We would like to camp mainly, at camping sites or not, wherever it's permitted (or whenever rough camping is overlooked by authorities). We don't want to make any fixed plans and have some tentative ideas of which islands look interesting ( Skyros, Gavados, Ikaria (Nas) but are open to wherever the wind blows us during the trip. We'd like to see some of the less tourist ravaged islands that are still largely 'typical/traditional' greek islands. We still want to see islands like Santorini, so maybe take a day trip via Santorini on the way to another island. We have no particular interest in seeing as many as possible, so you could say we're in for a quality rather than quantity experience.
The first question: Is camping do-able on all the islands? The second is, If you were starting in Paxos and then setting out from Corfu with an end destination of portugal (preferably Lisbon) where and how would you go about it? We are laid back, not massively concerned with the party islands but could consider them for work opportunities, and are interested in experiencing the GREEK islands, not just beaches and bars. We are not concerned about roughing it, living scarcely, carrying our gear around with us or the type of transport we take as long as we get somewhere at some point.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 6 months in Europe itinerary-Countries
- 2 Ok then, what trip was difficult to organize?
- 3 Trip planning to Paris, Lyon, Strasbourg
- 4 Poor weather outlook 10/16-19 Grindenwald
- 5 Planning A trip
- 6 Solo accommodation -- London -- Dec 19-ish
- 7 A week in the Occitanie
- 8 Question about Loire Valley châteaux
- 9 Itinerary between Milan and Venice
- 10 Paris Neighborhood Help
- 11 Hotels in Seville and Cordoba
- 12 Advice needed for family trip to Belgium and Germany
- 13 Arenalullring area Seville?
- 14 Car rental Malaga to Seville
- 15 Train Through Spain
- 16 Destination ideas for 88 year old
- 17 Itinerary for 5 adults, 3 kids, 2 weeks, & 1 holiday adventure!
- 18 Italy June 6-16
- 19 What is your favorite Greek Island?
- 20 Help with Algarve resort/ driver and excursions for big family trip?
- 21 He Musta Saw Us a-Comin': A Brief, Cautionary Tale about Taxis in Rome
- 22 Vacation apartment registration begins in Paris 1 Oct
- 23 hill of crosses
- 24 Northern Italy in 2 Weeks?
- 25 Barcelona - Safety/Language/Trip Ideas