My boyfriend and I (24 and 25) will be heading to Paxos (Glyfada beach) for ten days at the start of June but after that we have two months free to explore the islands and hopefully fit in a bit of work if the opportunity presents itself, before heading to Portugal (Boom Festival)We would like to camp mainly, at camping sites or not, wherever it's permitted (or whenever rough camping is overlooked by authorities). We don't want to make any fixed plans and have some tentative ideas of which islands look interesting ( Skyros, Gavados, Ikaria (Nas) but are open to wherever the wind blows us during the trip. We'd like to see some of the less tourist ravaged islands that are still largely 'typical/traditional' greek islands. We still want to see islands like Santorini, so maybe take a day trip via Santorini on the way to another island. We have no particular interest in seeing as many as possible, so you could say we're in for a quality rather than quantity experience.
The first question: Is camping do-able on all the islands? The second is, If you were starting in Paxos and then setting out from Corfu with an end destination of portugal (preferably Lisbon) where and how would you go about it? We are laid back, not massively concerned with the party islands but could consider them for work opportunities, and are interested in experiencing the GREEK islands, not just beaches and bars. We are not concerned about roughing it, living scarcely, carrying our gear around with us or the type of transport we take as long as we get somewhere at some point.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 visiting #hallstatt #Austria
- 2 Surprise trip to Greece!
- 3 Rome, Florence and Venice for each city 2 days
- 4 2 week trip to Lisbon, Porto, Douro, seeking input
- 5 Single mom w/ 8 mo baby traveling to Paris and London
- 6 Polish: Enough Indo-European Similarity to Make Picking up Words Easier?
- 7 Another northern Italy itinerary.
- 8 Questions about Polish sights
- 9 Initial itinerary - 1 month in Greece
- 10 Railpass or point-to-point tickets
- 11 Help Planning Seot 2017 Trip to Andalusia
- 12 January Sicily and exploding cornetto al cioccolato
- 13 Swiss Alps in the Spring-Some Questions
- 14 More earthquakes in central Italy
- 15 Malaga - places to stay and eat
- 16 Trip route from Paris to Venice
- 17 Ireland travel passport question
- 18 please help me plan first trip to europe
- 19 Greece-Paros or Meteora
- 20 Italy
- 21 Revised itinerary for italy
- 22 Seville/Granada or Porto/Guim/Braga/Evora to impress 9 year old?
- 23 Juangfrau / mt
- 24 Bern to Munich, BlaBla Car & Dresden
- 25 3 days in Normandy (with an 8 year old)