Where do I start!
Traveled for 50 years and now want to buy a boat/motoryacht/barge and cruise the French, Belgium and Dutch canals. Looking to do this for about 3 years Did it once for a week and one of our best trips.
Has anyone done anything similar? Maybe not a cruise but hiking, moving around, not "residing" in one place. Hope to rent out our house, and I have a company where you get a US address, get mail sent to them and they scan so you can evaluate what they need to forward on to you. But what address do I use for bills, credit cards, voter reg?
Do not speak French and have had a hard time learning it. I don't think it will be a problem and traveling world-wide has not been an issue. But what about MD visits, needing new glasses, brining the dog to the vet. All I see now as potential issues as we will not be in one place and may never return to that canal ever again!
Appreciate any suggestions you may have. My BFF has already given me an earful today on why not, so don't need that except in way of pros and cons or your experiences.
Has anyone bought a barge/motoryacht/boat?
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 France & Italy, May or June
- 2 Scotland better in July or Aug/Sept?
- 3 Northern Italy 11 days Milan in/out
- 4 http://dermaessencecreamblog.com/nature-renew/
- 5 Aug 2017 - Italy with Boys (12 & 7 yr old)
- 6 Honeymoon in April-May 2017: Spain or Greece?
- 7 Engadine Valley help
- 8 Amsterdam and Beyond - 7 Days
- 9 Itinerary Help - One week between Sicily and Rome
- 10 Andalusia March 2 - March 11 Barcelona to Lisbon
- 11 How much time to allow between arrival at CDG and train departure?
- 12 Honeymoon in Greece
- 13 Italy for Christmas Week
- 14 A Month stay in Southern France
- 15 Shoes in Scotland
- 16 Please recommend an honest car rental service in Romania
- 17 Enough time to make connection at CDG?
- 18 Question about Half Fare Cards
- 19 First-ish Trip To UK Itinerary Suggestions?
- 20 Train or car rental: Venice to Pisa
- 21 A Week In Athens - Trip Report
- 22 Portugal with large family
- 23 8 Days in Rome in March 2017 - planning thread
- 24 restaurants in Marais district
- 25 Sicily
Where do I start!