Where do I start!
Traveled for 50 years and now want to buy a boat/motoryacht/barge and cruise the French, Belgium and Dutch canals. Looking to do this for about 3 years Did it once for a week and one of our best trips.
Has anyone done anything similar? Maybe not a cruise but hiking, moving around, not "residing" in one place. Hope to rent out our house, and I have a company where you get a US address, get mail sent to them and they scan so you can evaluate what they need to forward on to you. But what address do I use for bills, credit cards, voter reg?
Do not speak French and have had a hard time learning it. I don't think it will be a problem and traveling world-wide has not been an issue. But what about MD visits, needing new glasses, brining the dog to the vet. All I see now as potential issues as we will not be in one place and may never return to that canal ever again!
Appreciate any suggestions you may have. My BFF has already given me an earful today on why not, so don't need that except in way of pros and cons or your experiences.
Has anyone bought a barge/motoryacht/boat?
Thanks so much.
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Avoid Europcar!
- 2 Please Help! Day Trips to Bern, Thun, Castles, and MORE!
- 3 Scotland - We're Here!
- 4 Burgundy or Languedoc-Rousillon
- 5 Ideas for change in our Italian itinerary please
- 6 Paris for children
- 7 3 weeks with Kids - Austria Itinerary help
- 8 Couscous
- 9 European Vacation 2017
- 10 Do I need a Swiss rail pass?
- 11 Spain itinerary and railway advise
- 12 Should We Go to the French Riviera in August?
- 13 Naples + Walking Tour
- 14 Day Trip Suggestions from Munich
- 15 Changing Planes at Fiumicino
- 16 Fueled by gluten, caffeine, and alcohol - two weeks in France
- 17 16 days in France and Italy
- 18 A week all around Sicily - May 2017
- 19 One July night in Verona - help!
- 20 Southern Italy Help - Part 2
- 21 Euro Travel & Trivia Quiz - Memorial Day Special
- 22 London in September
- 23 Cash in Greece ATMs
- 24 Visiting the Dordogne/Lot
- 25 IWM
Where do I start!