I will be in Germany for two weeks this summer on a work related trip then traveling to Prague and Vienna for a few days. Afterwards, I will be traveling to Italy from July 25th-August 10th. I will start my trip for four evenings in Rome. Then I am taking a one week tour with visits Rome, then travels to Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, and Almafi. The tour ends on the Almafi coast.
Basically, I am trying to figure out where to spend my time from the 4th through the 10th. I will have to fly back to Berlin so I was planning to do so via Rome, Florence or Venice. Would it be best to stay along the coast? Should I travel by train to Florence/Tuscany area? Or three days in Florence then then three days in Venice? If I go to Florence i the Tuscany region assessible via train and bus? I would like to visit a winery if possible. I am open to any suggestions. Should I remain and see more of the Almafi area before going North?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 August Trip Planning
- 2 Modica or Noto? So difficult to decide!
- 3 Reservations needed for Frankfurt->Offenburg train?
- 4 Cordoba or Granada?
- 5 Itinerary help needed for month in France.
- 6 Barcelona or Seville for 2 weeks
- 7 Itinerary Help For Switzerland And Lakes Region Of Italy
- 8 Visiting Turkey for Fun and Adventure, Oasis or Chaos
- 9 10 days in eastern Sicily - itinerary help needed
- 10 Newcastle train info
- 11 8 day trip from Denmark to Austria and Switzerland
- 12 BritRail Pass Seat Reservation Cost
- 13 KNOWL and/or CHARTWELL in Kent from London by train?
- 14 Need advice to plan a trip for graduation gift
- 15 Touring Wales
- 16 Rome & Amalfi Coast (driving/Public Transit questions)
- 17 Netherlands, Alps, Tuscany
- 18 Need help texting between US and French cell phones
- 19 Help required with Ireland Itinerary
- 20 2 wk in Italy-Venice/Florence/CT/Pisa/Rome
- 21 Please critique my itinerary
- 22 Tour Recommendations Venice, Florence, Rom
- 23 Can't we Fodorites be kinder in our responses, especially to new posters?
- 24 Bus from Montepulciano, Italy to Roma Fiumicino Airport?
- 25 Southern Italy with 3 teens for a week