I will be in Germany for two weeks this summer on a work related trip then traveling to Prague and Vienna for a few days. Afterwards, I will be traveling to Italy from July 25th-August 10th. I will start my trip for four evenings in Rome. Then I am taking a one week tour with visits Rome, then travels to Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, and Almafi. The tour ends on the Almafi coast.
Basically, I am trying to figure out where to spend my time from the 4th through the 10th. I will have to fly back to Berlin so I was planning to do so via Rome, Florence or Venice. Would it be best to stay along the coast? Should I travel by train to Florence/Tuscany area? Or three days in Florence then then three days in Venice? If I go to Florence i the Tuscany region assessible via train and bus? I would like to visit a winery if possible. I am open to any suggestions. Should I remain and see more of the Almafi area before going North?
Recent ActivityView all Europe activity »
- 1 Daytime flights - US East Coast to Paris?
- 2 Proposed itinerary for Iceland
- 3 Path of the Gods / Amalfi coast
- 4 Spending Money for a 30 day trip
- 5 Santorini lodging
- 6 3 nights Santorini suggestions with a child- is akrotiri a good location?
- 7 Driving Excursions/Day Trips outside of Edinburgh
- 8 Fine-tuning Requested: Naxos, Santorini, Athens Itinerary
- 9 Trump alleged to be "keen" for US to join Commonwealth
- 10 Fodors monitors - "view profile" not available on Foxfire
- 11 Ireland last minute recommendations
- 12 info Faro & Algarve
- 13 Comments on locations/sestieri, please
- 14 Nafplio to Hydra
- 15 3 Month Europe Itineray -- please critique
- 16 Favorite restaurants in Provence???
- 17 Dinner get-together in Paris?
- 18 Day Trips from Dunfermline
- 19 Weighing hand luggage at CDG security now
- 20 Six Days on the Road in Ireland...Ideas?
- 21 May get together in Paris
- 22 14 days in Italy in late June with 6 adults + 6 little kids
- 23 Following the Canadian Liberation Route in the Netherlands
- 24 Self drive tour companies
- 25 Positano to Maori drive or ferry and how much visiting time?